“Good time/Good value!”

Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for 3 days. I had two connecting rooms. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating. My only complaint would be that it's time for new rugs soon. The manager, Randall Stuart, is very accessible and will go the extra mile to my your stay enjoyable. Don't hesitate to reach out to him. My favorite thing about this hotel is the very large and inviting pool. You'll love it and there is a nice indoor pool as well. Hershey park is about 12 to 15 minutes away. The location ideal and the rate was perfect. I would definitely go back. For a family vacation, this met my needs. My kids were impressed by the comfy beds and said they were better than the ones in the Ritz.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the pool. Ask Randall Stuart to make it happen, and it will.
6  Thank Miketheattorney
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Miketheattorney,

We appreciate your time and courtesies in writing a review of your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to read our service and accommodations met your needs, and that you found good value as a result. Friendly service, awesome location and our resort type amenities offer unmatched value for families who do not mind traveling another 15 minutes to the Hershey area attractions. I guarantee it’s worth every additional minute, and you get to spend more time discussing where you can use the money you saved by staying with us – how cool is that? Your comment regarding the carpet is very important to us and will be addressed at some point next year. In the interim, we will continue to clean them on a regular basis.

We value your business and remain committed to providing our valued guests with the best service the Harrisburg/Hershey area has to offer – I promise. Your Room Tip is my commitment to service excellence 24/7!

Best regards,

General Manager / #WIT24/7

Write a ReviewReviews (2,035)

Reviewed 1 August 2014

SO pleasantly surprised by this hotel! I can say with 100% honesty that EVERY single staff member I encountered was so friendly and welcoming. We arrived a little late for the outdoor pool but we were able to use the indoor pool which was very nice and we were also able to go outside to the outdoor jacuzzi which is enormous and deep and I loved it! The outdoor pool and playground looked so nice I know we will go back again and just spend time at the hotel. The kids played in the game room and even with the Wii system they have set up. The bed and pillows were very cozy. Kids eat certain ffood free but the kids menu is really cheap. We ate the buffet in the morning and it had lots of things on it but they will also serve you pancakes or french toast with it. The eggs were horrible (the only bad thing I can say abotu this visit). I told the waitress they were icky and that it must be because I have chickens (theirs came from a carton). She was so kind and offered to have the kitchen make me real eggs. I took her up on it and was so happy to get two over easy eggs from a chicken. When we checked out our van battery was dead. I went to the front desk and low and behold they had this portable jumper thing that did the job. We will go back but next time not for a trip to Hershey Park but to stay in the hotel itself! Next time we will stay in a room with a balcony by the pool! Was my revie helpful? Please check yes!

Room Tip: We were in an executive suite that was $20 more then another room. I didn't see what made that r...
7  Thank paymeami2

Dear paymeami2,

On behalf of the entire team at the Holiday Inn Harrisburg East, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your overall stay experience with us. As a Top Contributor on TripAdvisor, it speaks volumes as to how much you care about making the places you visit better, and acknowledging top performers. We truly value the feedback from our guests, because we want what’s best for them – we call it our #1 priority. Being the best starts with a mutual interest in what our guests desire most – value, comfort and safety throughout their entire stay. I can assure you we strive to meet those needs every single day. And if we don’t, we will make it right – guaranteed. My apologies for the eggs – unacceptable by our standards, but grateful you gave us the opportunity to make new ones over easy (my personal favorite).

Thank you for selecting us during your trip to the Harrisburg/Hershey area. Call me when you plan on coming back and I will make sure you get your balcony room overlooking our outdoor pool courtyard area.

717-704-0783

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have been staying in this hotel for quite a few years now for our annual family trip to Hershey park. We love this hotel for several reasons:
-great location, very convenient to get to Hershey park.
- plenty for the kids to do: indoor & outdoor pool, game room, video games, ping pong, volley ball and a large outdoor jungle gym.
-very accommodating and pleasant staff
-great breakfast option and the kids eat free
-poolside cafe is great for a quick bite
-room rates are very reasonable

Once again we had a wonderful vacation and can't wait to return next year!

5  Thank C0nr0y1
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear C0nr0y1,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us. It’s wonderful to read that you continue to stay with us when visiting Hersheypark with your family. Our #1 priority will always be accommodating and serving our valued guests, such as you, with the highest level of comfort and enjoyment throughout your entire visit. The resort type amenities you mentioned in your review offer tremendous value for families, which are unmatched in the Harrisburg/Hershey market.

We appreciate your business and can’t wait to accommodate you again next year. I will make sure you get room 427 and I have your best kept secret notes.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on the top floor while we were driving to NYC and then back home to Pittsburgh. The hotel staff were nice and polite. The weather was miserably rainy so since were tired from driving, we stayed in the room and watched tv. The remote batteries were dead so I returned to the front desk for replacements and there was not problem. The walk to our room seemed like a maize and the smell through the corridors was not pleasant. Once we were settled in our room, it was nice and seemed updated. The refrigerator had leaked on to the floor because someone unplugged it. ??? No big deal. The last night of our stay the rain was torrential while we were trying to sleep. It seemed like the roof was metal because it was pounding and I couldn't sleep much. We ended up leaving earlier than expected to drive home since neither of us were sleeping anyway. Since the weather was so bad, we had no opportunities to use the pool or even see the pool so I can't comment on that. I would stay here again because of the convenience to the highway, the updated/comfortable room and the courteous front desk staff. Hold the nose through the maize of corridors to get to your room though!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Pittsburgh_Mom317,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We truly appreciate when a valued guest provides us with a perspective of their overall stay experience, as it gives us an opportunity to evaluate our performance through their view. We are sorry to learn that the location of your guest room to the main lobby was confusing, and that there was an odor in the corridors – my apologies for the inconvenience this caused you. I walked the entire property and could not identify the odor you mentioned, so if there is an opportunity to speak with you, I would greatly appreciate it. Regarding the TV remote and refrigerator, I spoke with the housekeeping staff to ensure we are double checking these items as the room is prepared “inviting ready” for an arriving guest. It is unfortunate Mother Nature did not cooperate during your visit, because the outdoor recreational area and pool are definitely guest favorites.

We appreciate your business and hope to have you back with us again in the near future. I will make sure the items noted in your review are nonexistent next time – guaranteed.

rstuart@hiharrisburg.com

Reviewed 29 July 2014

outstanding employees. outstanding customer service they went above and beyond the room was clean and comfortable. and in the past year we must have stayed close to a hundred if not more Holiday Inn's.

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank rtowne

Dear rtowne,

Thank you for taking a minute to express you complete satisfaction with our award winning customer service – much appreciated. Our “Best in Class” service commitment continues to make every guest smile when they stay with us, and for that, we are grateful. We are passionate about customer service, because we realize you have several lodging options to choose from, and we always want you to select us.

Thank you for your business and loyalty to the IHG brand (100 stays - wow).

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is in a great location and has all the amenities. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The rooms are very clean and have everything you need. Meeting rooms are outstanding. This is my third stay here and it's been good every time. This year I was in conference trying to set up audio equipment and the hotel staff were there within minutes to help and get everything taken care of. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Robin M
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Robin,

Thank you for expressing your complete satisfaction with the service and accommodations we continue to offer you – goal accomplished. We are pleased to learn this is your 3rd stay with us, and that you found our commitment to delivering a great experience very good every time. It’s feedback such as yours that inspires us, and gives our entire team a big smile – because we truly love serving our valued guests 24/7. I’m happy we immediately responded to your AV needs without any inconvenience to you or your conference attendees – again goal accomplished.

We appreciate your business and look forward to providing you with the same great experience next year.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had to write a review because of what a great experience we had at this hotel. We went down for a Lacrosse Tournament, but made a vacation out of it by going to Hershey Park. The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. There were a lot of teams there and the staff was very patience. Randy Stuart the manager was awesome. Check in was easy, and they were very helpful. I even called for a cot at midnight and they brought it up right away. Rooms clean, pools great and they even had volleyball, basketball, and tennis. Kids and adults had a great time.

6  Thank vivian V

Dear Vivian,

We appreciate your time and courtesies in writing a review of your recent stay with us – thank you. We enjoy serving our guests and always strive to do it with the highest level of guest satisfaction 24/7. This commitment is a hallmark of our team and something we are extremely proud of. We are grateful for the acknowledgment of “awesome” when speaking about us. Our accommodations, fantastic amenities and location to Hershey area attractions offer value unmatched by any other property in the Harrisburg/Hershey market – guaranteed.

Thank you for your business. We hope to have you back with us again soon.

Best regards,