“I had phenomenal service and accomadations”

Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 25 December 2010

I was pleased from the moment I received my reservation, (which was early I might add). I had a pleasant conversation with the front desk staff, I think, Ms. Evans. They explained all the amenities available and the stores close by to get what they might not have. My room was very spacious and clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,034)

Reviewed 19 December 2010

We had our wedding reception at the hotel and everything was wonderful! Brenda and her staff took care of all the details so I did not have to worry about a thing. Everyone worked together to make sure that the food, the atmosphere, etc. were all perfect. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty! We were escorted to a bridal suite for some food and drink before being formally introduced. The maitre de attended to all our needs - they even put a bottle of champagne and two slices of cake in our (complimentary) room for the night! If they hadn't thought to put aside two pieces of cake, I never would have even gotten to try my own wedding cake! All our guests gushed about how great the food was, how nice everything looked, etc. I didn't hear a single negative comment and I don't have a single complaint. I would recommend this hotel as a wedding venue for everyone! Great price, great food, and great service!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2010

Delta Airlines gave us a voucher to stay here. We waited 1 hour for the shuttle and everytime we called they told us it was on it's way and it wasn't. No one was nice. Everyone was grouchy. I would think they would be happy to be full. Once we got there we thought the place looked great until we got to our room in the dungeon. It was in the A wing and it was old, smelly and disgusting. The carpet was old and stained. . Our heater was so loud it sounded like an airplane taking off. They had another wing that may have been nicer but this wing was gross. Which was sad because the meeting space and lobby looked awesome.

1  Thank mcmullins
cappetta, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2010

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay with us. I regret that you had to wait to be picked up at the airport and you were not completly satisfied with our accomodations. We appreciate your candid comments and believe feedback from our valued guests, positive or negative is an opprutunity to improve for all guests. We will improve on the issues you mentioned and hope you will give us another opprutunity in the future.

Reviewed 1 December 2010

The hotel is located within easy access to all major highways in the area. We stayed here the night before PSU vs. Michigan State and the location provided us with a nice short trip to State College. The staff could not do enough to make the even the smallest details perfect. We had two adjoining rooms which were each enormous with two flatscreens in each. No fighting over what to watch...huge! Overall, the small details added up to an excellent night's stay, making for a great weekend.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Harrisburg. I have passed your kind words on to our staff to assist us to continue to provide the exceptional experience you described.

Reviewed 23 November 2010

We conducted a conference of nearly 200 people and the experience was excellent. The staff was tremendous and always seemed to be right on the spot when you needed them. The staff wonderfully accommodating for special dietary needs for a few of the participants at no extra cost. It was a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Despite being a priority club member I was informed I would get no benefits since my room was being charged to my group. The hotel sent me an unrequested confirmation of my reservation with my priority club number on it but did not have my registration ready, refused despite requests to have a newspaper delivered to the room, a card benefit, did not want to offer any priority club benefits for breakfast and for the most part the front desk was less than helpful. When checking out it was never asked how my stay was or I would have said something to them. The room was dusted but not cleaned, the hall had the same dirt in it for all three days of my stay. I selected this hotel because of my priority club card. I most likely would not stay there again and have less faith in the organization after this experience.

1  Thank lawyer03
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I recently attended a week long meeting at the Holiday Inn Harrisburg East and was very pleased with the whole experience. While I did not stay at the hotel, my co-workers stated the the sleeping rooms were clean and comfortable. A few had a problem with their wake-up calls but this was corrected. The staff, in all of the departments, was very friendly and extremely helpful. The Sales and Catering people were wonderful from start to finish. The meeting space was a perfect fit. The breaks and lunches were on time and the food was very good. While the lobby bar is a bit small, the bartenders were busy but still had time for smiles and friendly words.