“Great Place to Stay”

Howard Johnson Inn Harrisburg
Ranked #44 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I would suggest this hotel to my friends. Very friendly staff. The housekeepers were very friendly and would actually speak and ask if everything was ok with the room. I was working nights so having to sleep during the day was not a problem, Cynthia was cleaning my room after I left for work and she always did a great job. The front desk was always friendly and helpful. After working all night I would stop in and eat some breakfast before going to bed and Tammy, that works at the front desk, would always have a smile on and ask me how my night was. I would like to thank every employee at this Howard Johnson for making this stay for me a pleasant one. This Hotel is a very good choice, the staff is great and the prices are reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HoJoHbg-Hershey, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for your comments about our staff here at the Howard Johnson-Harrisburg. Our staff prides itself in providing a home away from home for our guests. Our staff will celebrate your comments at our next staff meeting. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I'm very disappointed by my recent stay at this hotel. We had a total of 3 rooms. At Check in Nicole was very nice and pleasant. But the rest of our stay was not! Their was a women in a wheel chair who kept asking us to help her get around. At first it was ok but she became a nuisance. I complained to the front desk and Nicole said she would handle it. Later on that evening when I came back from dinner and stopped by the front desk to ask for towels. That same lady in the wheelchair was screaming at the front desk. I left with out getting towels. In the morning when I called the front desk and asked for towels and to complain about the lady from the other night Stacy was rude and dismissive. She didn't even care about the nuisance I was dealing with for 3 days!! I will seriously rethink ever staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HoJoHbg-Hershey, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

First, I would like to apologize for your disappointing stay with us. We are going to do a training class for our employees on how to best service disabled guests. The position we put you in was wrong on our behalf. We hope we get the opportunity to win back your trust.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
HoJoHbg-Hershey, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions. It is very convenient to Hershey Park. The hotel staff is very friendly. They are very helpful with directions or in recommending places to eat dinner (the restaurant next door is very good). The hotel is clean and they serve a breakfast (very convenient with kids). We have never had an issue staying here!! We will be back again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
HoJoHbg-Hershey, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay here at the Howard Johnson-Harrisburg.
We will celebrate your comments about our friendly staff, cleanliness of the hotel and the breakfast at our next staff meeting. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights, and was glad to be back. compared with the other hotels I stayed in over my 20-nght trip, it was one of the best, and by far the best value.

Large drive-up room, comfortable bed, clean and well-serviced. Breakfast is a good continental-style buffet/ Great staff, and thanks to Kelly who kept my room spotless and well-supplied, and to the four front desk guys I dealt with - Nicole, Keri, Stacey and Tammy.

Plus point is a great takeaway pizza place next door - but note, it closes at 10 pm Sundays-Thursdays. Next door the other side ois a good steak restaurant. 24-hour diner just up the road.

Just off I-283, the hotel is well-located for the !-76 turnpike, and is not far from I-81 and I-83. Handy for Hershey, especially.

Am hoping to be back in the spring, so don't pack the place out late April !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for recognizing the great value we proviede our guests here at the Howard Johnson-Harrisburg. Each day our mission is to create an excellent value to our guests. We look forward to serving you again this spring.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

For the past 20 years I have stayed at the Howard Johnson in Harrisburg while attending car shows in Carlisle and Hershey. My experiences with staff and accommodations has always been first rate.I wish I could say the same for the weather!! Special thanks to Stacy, Nicole, Tammy and of course Milli who did such a great job cleaning my room. See you in April for the "2014 Sring Carlisle".

Tom (From Connecticut)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Thomas T

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you during the car shows. We will celebrate the employees you mentioned at our next staff meeting. All of us here at the Howard Johnson-Harrisburg look forward to serving you again in 2014.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisburg
Super 8 Harrisburg Hershey North
#6 of 14 in New Cumberland
Econo Lodge Harrisburg
Econo Lodge Harrisburg
#36 of 51 in Harrisburg

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Harrisburg? Share your experiences!