“Excellent overnight stay”

Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
“Excellent overnight stay”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I had a wonderful stay. The staff were polite, professional, and efficient. The room was clean and smelled wonderful. I don't know what the scent they use is, but I would love to have it for my home! The hotel has a conference center attached to it, so expect to see a lot of people attending conferences. (I think it was Mary Kay when I was there.)

One tip I had is that you can park at the back as there is an entrance that is on a floor (or maybe two) below the lobby. That way, you don't have to traipse through the lobby to get to your hotel room (although the lobby is lovely.)

The only negative to mention is that you could not manually enter channels on the TV using the remote control; you could only press up and down to move between channels. This got a bit annoying as the channels were slow to change. The upside regarding the television was that the hotel had NHK. Maybe they have a lot of japanese guests? I'm not sure, but I was pleasantly surprised as it's a rarity in the US.

Overall, a great experience!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
AGMSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
We're glad that you enjoyed your stay! Please feel free to contact us directly with any special requests for your next reservation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I booked this hotel from 3/14-3/16 on a weekend trip home. The hotel is big and very nice. Great indoor and seasonal outdoor pool. My issue started when I got up to my room. There was a group of kids running up and down the hall. It just so happens they were on the fifth floor with me. So after driving 5 hours, I am ready to get in the shower and get my weekend started. As I am getting out the shower, there is a loud banging on my door as if someone was hurt or in a serious rush to get in. I know my family knew I was in town so thinking it was one of them, I snatched the door opened to find a group of kids staring at me in a towel! (Unfortunately, I am too short to see out the peep hole lol) So fast forward from that moment to Saturday morning about 7-9 am where there are kids running through the halls while I am trying to sleep. So I called the front desk and they took care of it. Then, when I finally got up and dressed to go out for the day, there are kids in the hall blocking the elevator playing hockey. That's when I learned they were a hockey team! So I wanted to stay an extra day but if that meant those kids were still going to be there, I was leaving...and I did! There is free wifi in all the rooms but it doesn't matter if it doesn't work...and it didn't! I actually had to go in the lobby to use their computers which the page kept closing on me and other guests so back up to my room to get my laptop to use in the lobby since that was the only place where the wifi really worked. I was in room 539. The room was clean but hadn't been dusted. There was dust on the desk and picture frame. The tub and sink were slow to drain but other than that, nice hotel. My advice is if there are other teams or kids that are not supervised...ask to be moved away from them.

Room Tip: Away from unsupervised kids
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
AGMSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you for reviewing our property. We apologize for the noise that you encountered during your stay. Normally we try to block groups with children away from individual travelers, but there are occasions under high occupancy that prevent us from doing so. Please feel free to contact us directly for your next trip, and we will be happy to accommodate your requests.
Perry, New York
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed there lst fall for a convention. You would think that since our group booked nearly 200 rooms for 3 nights there would have been some latitude but instead we found rule after rule after rule and our hospitality was shuffled from one room to the next several times. The rooms were clean and comfortable, though a bit outdated but you need a street map to get around the place. It's built like a maze! Then to top it off, one of the 2 elevators broke at 1 AM and my wife and I were trapped for nearly an hour. No fixing it for the rest of the weekend so we had to do at least an additional mile of walking. All in all it was pleasant but not condusive to large groups. Won't be my first choice when I'm back in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dapnyiv
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the mechanical issue that you experienced with our elevator. Our engineering department monitors our elevators routinely, and any problems have since been resolved. We appreciate that your group chose to stay with us for your convention, and our sales department is happy to work with your representative to better accommodate the setup and flow of your event.
Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This was second time here...we came last year as well, for the house expo. This time was just as amazing, if not better. The room was so clean and extremely comfy. We stayed for the entire weekend and it could not have gone better. The bar/lounge was fun and my martini was perfect.The restaurant was delicious and the service by Dylan, was exceptional! Love it here and would definitely recommend it. Can't wait to come back next year.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank LoveAnts
AGMSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your review! We're glad that you had a wonderful time at our hotel and we will pass on your appreciation to Dylan in the restaurant. If you're in the area again, we hope you'll stop by this summer to enjoy our outdoor pool and tiki bar. Have a great day!
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Last year, I thought could have been coincidence, however when the same types of mistakes occur a second year there must be an internal problem. The Dog and Pony Restaurant is good for us since we have Celiacs disease and dairy intolerance. The bartender waiter told us they change the menu every six months, nope same as last year. The waitress couldn't find black tea bags, do they order enough??? I wonder. If you charge the food to your room they will take a $25 charge to your debit/credit card and the charge of the meal (It takes better than 10 days to recoup it -even if you call accounting) Amazingly they don't see the charges on their end. Not good. We had 4 staying in the room, had made that reservation a month in advance, how come there were only 3 towels and two washcloths in the room every day??? Even after I called housekeeping the first night to confirm 4 guests????? The room this year had a working heater, but the TV system did not work, and when the crew comes in to fix it, don't blame the customer right away for not knowing how to use a remote etc. (Especially when the customer has a degree in Mech. engineering and tells them the connections are not attached, but I couldn't move the desk,consul,table in one) So I had an $75.00 worth of holds on my bank card and when it was all said and done, they never returned $35 of the $75 security they took. For that the Expo special rate and the extra $25, I could have stayed for less at the Hampton Inn normal Rack rate. I am disappointed, if I stay here again it serves me right to have all the disappointment a facility can dish out.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tamarawoitas
Thank you for your detailed review. We apologize for the unsatisfactory conditions you experienced in your room, and will speak with the housekeeping and engineering staff on implementing guest preferences and responding properly to room issues. If you are having any further issues with bank account holds, our accounting department would be glad to assist you. Please feel free to contact us by phone (717-564-5511) or email (youbelong@sheratonhershey.com).
Sayre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed one night recently for an on-site training event. Found my room to be spacious, clean and comfortable. Larger than normal flat screen TV was a nice extra. We had a late dinner at the Dog and Pony lounge off the lobby, enjoying a better than average bar menu. Being a craft beer fan, I was a little dissapointed at the lack of craft beers on the menu, especially with Troegs, ABC and Lancanster nearby. Cathy was our server and was great!

One small issue I noted on check in was that myself and the co-worker in the room next door to me both found our room doors ajar when we used our keys. Everything seemed fine, but I would not like to have my wife enter a room that was unsecured. I did fail to mention it to the staff.

Room Tip: D wing rooms, at least mine, looked out over the parking and service areas and were a little loud...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
AGMSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for your review! We're glad that you had a wonderful experience in our Dog and Pony Pub, and we will pass along your thanks to Cathy. Our housekeeping manager will also speak with her staff to make sure guest room doors are properly closed after they finish their cleaning services. We hope to see you again soon!
Macungie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The staff are excellent, rooms are comfortable and the review would have been at least four stars if the plumbing infrastructure of the hotel was in better condition. Greeted nicely, given an upgraded room at check-in and asked about late check out at the time of check in. Fantastic start. The weak spots were the hot tub (operational, but temperature was in the low 90's). The shower in our room was the problem. No cold water was available, only hot, and the hot water was way too hot even at the microscopic flow rates we used for survival. I feel that this hotel is better than our experience and we will use it again when we travel that way.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
AGMSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thank you for your review! We apologize for the various plumbing issues that occurred during your stay. Our normal hot tub temperature standards hover in the low 100's, and any irregular temperatures have been amended. Our on-property engineering team is able to correct issues in guest rooms as well. Please feel free to contact us directly with any concerns or requests for your next stay!