“Close to Hershey”

Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Hyderabad, India
“Close to Hershey”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed for one night in early November while visiting Hershey. The hotels at Hershey on site were a bit on the expensive side and stayed here.

I was driving in and reached the hotel by around 10:30 am. The room was available earlier than the check in time and was allocated a room on the sixth floor.

Due to the rolling hills and ground differential, neither the land nor the hotel is flat and on the same plane, and it does look like a maze with this layout.

Room was decent and the bath was clean. Room had LCD TV, working table and was adequate. The windows probably need a scrub.

There is a nice mall right across the area and has a nice view. It was late fall and the foliage was all yellow and gold giving a nice touch to the area, parking area was quite large and there is area to park all around the hotel. It might be better to park at the back entrance based on the location of the room.

I was for the most part at the Hershey park and came back only later in the evening. I again left early morning at 6 am in the morning and hence did not use any facilities at the hotel.

The rate was just north of $50 per night and that was a nice rate for this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank bramgopal
AGMSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for your detailed review! Feel free to contact us directly for your next Hershey Park experience - we offer a hotel room and ticket package that may be perfect for your future trip.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Ashton, Maryland
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This was the 6th year our conference has been held at this Sheraton, and the service, staff, food and care are just outstanding. I don't think I've ever met a friendlier more competent staff. They look forward to our convention, and we look forward to seeing them again. Really nice. Almost like having your mom take care of you.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem pretty good, and well isolated from the conference areas, so there's little n...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind review! It's always great to see guests return time after time, and we hope to see you for year 7 of your conference!
Temecula, California
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Harrisburg is having a record cold wave... However, the hotel driver of this Sheraton property was waiting for me @ the airport... Warm van, warm rooms & the Sheraton standard of GREAT customer service!!! The guest rooms are ALWAYS clean at this property. I sleep wonderfully in the down comforters!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your review! We're happy that you received a cozy welcome from both our staff and our Sweet Sleeper bedding. Feel free to stop in during our warmer months when you can relax at our outdoor pool and tiki bar!
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I had a wonderful stay. The staff were polite, professional, and efficient. The room was clean and smelled wonderful. I don't know what the scent they use is, but I would love to have it for my home! The hotel has a conference center attached to it, so expect to see a lot of people attending conferences. (I think it was Mary Kay when I was there.)

One tip I had is that you can park at the back as there is an entrance that is on a floor (or maybe two) below the lobby. That way, you don't have to traipse through the lobby to get to your hotel room (although the lobby is lovely.)

The only negative to mention is that you could not manually enter channels on the TV using the remote control; you could only press up and down to move between channels. This got a bit annoying as the channels were slow to change. The upside regarding the television was that the hotel had NHK. Maybe they have a lot of japanese guests? I'm not sure, but I was pleasantly surprised as it's a rarity in the US.

Overall, a great experience!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
AGMSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
We're glad that you enjoyed your stay! Please feel free to contact us directly with any special requests for your next reservation.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I booked this hotel from 3/14-3/16 on a weekend trip home. The hotel is big and very nice. Great indoor and seasonal outdoor pool. My issue started when I got up to my room. There was a group of kids running up and down the hall. It just so happens they were on the fifth floor with me. So after driving 5 hours, I am ready to get in the shower and get my weekend started. As I am getting out the shower, there is a loud banging on my door as if someone was hurt or in a serious rush to get in. I know my family knew I was in town so thinking it was one of them, I snatched the door opened to find a group of kids staring at me in a towel! (Unfortunately, I am too short to see out the peep hole lol) So fast forward from that moment to Saturday morning about 7-9 am where there are kids running through the halls while I am trying to sleep. So I called the front desk and they took care of it. Then, when I finally got up and dressed to go out for the day, there are kids in the hall blocking the elevator playing hockey. That's when I learned they were a hockey team! So I wanted to stay an extra day but if that meant those kids were still going to be there, I was leaving...and I did! There is free wifi in all the rooms but it doesn't matter if it doesn't work...and it didn't! I actually had to go in the lobby to use their computers which the page kept closing on me and other guests so back up to my room to get my laptop to use in the lobby since that was the only place where the wifi really worked. I was in room 539. The room was clean but hadn't been dusted. There was dust on the desk and picture frame. The tub and sink were slow to drain but other than that, nice hotel. My advice is if there are other teams or kids that are not supervised...ask to be moved away from them.

Room Tip: Away from unsupervised kids
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
AGMSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you for reviewing our property. We apologize for the noise that you encountered during your stay. Normally we try to block groups with children away from individual travelers, but there are occasions under high occupancy that prevent us from doing so. Please feel free to contact us directly for your next trip, and we will be happy to accommodate your requests.
Perry, New York
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed there lst fall for a convention. You would think that since our group booked nearly 200 rooms for 3 nights there would have been some latitude but instead we found rule after rule after rule and our hospitality was shuffled from one room to the next several times. The rooms were clean and comfortable, though a bit outdated but you need a street map to get around the place. It's built like a maze! Then to top it off, one of the 2 elevators broke at 1 AM and my wife and I were trapped for nearly an hour. No fixing it for the rest of the weekend so we had to do at least an additional mile of walking. All in all it was pleasant but not condusive to large groups. Won't be my first choice when I'm back in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dapnyiv
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the mechanical issue that you experienced with our elevator. Our engineering department monitors our elevators routinely, and any problems have since been resolved. We appreciate that your group chose to stay with us for your convention, and our sales department is happy to work with your representative to better accommodate the setup and flow of your event.
Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This was second time here...we came last year as well, for the house expo. This time was just as amazing, if not better. The room was so clean and extremely comfy. We stayed for the entire weekend and it could not have gone better. The bar/lounge was fun and my martini was perfect.The restaurant was delicious and the service by Dylan, was exceptional! Love it here and would definitely recommend it. Can't wait to come back next year.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank LoveAnts
AGMSheraton, Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your review! We're glad that you had a wonderful time at our hotel and we will pass on your appreciation to Dylan in the restaurant. If you're in the area again, we hope you'll stop by this summer to enjoy our outdoor pool and tiki bar. Have a great day!