“Great Place for the Price”

Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
PIttsburgh
“Great Place for the Price”
Reviewed 16 October 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton one night on our way to a wedding. We got a great price through Hotwire and could not have been happier. We stayed in the D wing, which according to the other reviews is the quieter of the wings. We had no problem with noise, but like most hotels the walls are thin. We had a chance to enjoy the gym and hot tub. The gym equipment is REALLY nice. The only complaint was how small the shower was. I also recommend going out to dinner to the Lancaster Brewing restaurant, it is only a mile away and the food was amazing! The selection of beer was good too. Overall I would stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
kleefam
Reviewed 13 October 2009

We just went for a quick weekend get away--mostly to relax at the pool and let the kids swim.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Hammonton, NJ
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We took a trip to Hershey Park with two teenagers and couldn't have picked a better place to stay. It was convenient to the park and has one of the best swimming pools I've seen in a hotel. Staff was awesome; whether checking us in or out, arranging Hershey Park Tickets, or providing room service. This was definitely a vacation worth doing again!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Westchester County, New York
Reviewed 30 September 2009

My wife and I spent a weekend in the Harrisburg Sheraton. We were satisfied with the hotel. We were given a room overlooking the pool that had a small balcony. The room was quiet and clean. There were many computers and we were able to use the printer and fax machine. The hotel is very close to the airport and just off a main highway, so it is easy to get to.

We went swimming in the pool and lay in the sun for a few hours. I have no complaints about the pool.

We have family in the Harrisburg area, and intend to stay at this hotel when we return.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
chadhamp, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, 1 October 2009
Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. Visits with family are so important and we are glad you chose to spend some time with our family as well. We look forward to you staying with us in the future and thanks again.
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed 12 September 2009

I was able to secure a room for one night at 70% off the rack rate on Sheraton's website. The hotel is located right off the highway and very easy to find. There are a lot of restaurants, gas stations and shops in the area, including a mall right next door with a Target.

The hotel has ample, free parking in the front of the building. The lobby has plenty of comfortable seating areas. There's a 24 hour gift shop (with snacks and drinks), a business center and a TV lounge area right within the main lobby area.

The front desk person was very friendly and helpful. I requested a room that was extremely quiet and was given a room at the back end of the D wing. The room indeed was very quiet and I was pleased.

The room was spacious, though the ceiling is a bit low. The lamp by the sofa and one of the lights by the bed were not working. If I had stayed for longer than a night, I would've called to get this fixed immediately.

The sink is outside of the bath/toilet area, but there is plenty of sink space around it. The hotel provided Bliss products: bar soaps, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. There was also a powerful hairdryer. The water pressure was great.

The room is equipped with free wireless internet, which was a huge plus. There are different levels of internet connection you can purchase if you want to download/upload files. But, for purely browsing purposes, the standard free wireless was fast and sufficient.

There is a flat screen TV with plenty of channels. The TV is placed on top of the working desk area and is not enclosed in a separate area. There is a small fridge and Starbucks coffee and coffeemaker.

The bed was comfortable enough, no complaints.

My sig other mentioned that the gym was clean and big, with plenty of treadmills, elliptical machines and weights. There was a pool, but we did not use it. He also grabbed a sandwich from the hotel restaurant and said it was very good and not terribly expensive for a hotel meal (grilled chicken sandwich + fries = $9)

Overall, great stay and very pleased with my experience.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
chadhamp, Hotel manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, 1 October 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive and positive review of our hotel. In these times it is also nice for our guests to recieve real "value" for the money they spend and we appreciate your comments. Hopefully you will stay with us again and look forward to it.
Fountain Valley, California
Reviewed 6 September 2009

We stayed one night in this hotel and were completely satisfied. Yes, I saw one stray hair in the bathtub, but anyone who complains about that kind of thing probably also expects everyone to call them "your majesty". The room was good sized; king-sized bed, small couch, coffee-table, and flat screen TV. We didn't use the pool, fitness center, or business center, but we did use the free wireless internet in the room and it was flawless. We got this room through Hotwire and expected "Central Harrisburg" to mean downtown, and this is definitely not in downtown. But I blame Hotwire for that. The staff was very friendly and helpful, though since we didn't have any problems we didn't get to put them to the test. The desk clerk did give me a free stamp for my postcard. That was nice.

One caveat: we stayed in the D wing and it was totally quiet. I got the feeling that the other wing was noiser. There seemed to be many more families with kids over on that side of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
WEastCoast
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Staff was friendly and helpful at check in. Given two connecting rooms without even having to ask. Guest services did a great job of recommending a good place to eat (Lancaster Brewery). King rooms have couch and Starbucks coffee, decent sized. Big pool and very nice exercise room with newer equipment. Probably one of the best I have seen. Overall a nicely appointed Sheraton with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Would stay there again if in Harrisburg.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
chadhamp, Manager at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey, responded to this review, 2 September 2009
I wanted to thank you for writing such a nice review of our hotel. The whole staff prides itself on providing the best customer service along with state of the art facilities. We would love to have you stay with us in the future so you can experience a wonderful and memorable time again.