“Way to step up your game Red Roof”

Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North
Ranked #36 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Greencastle, Pennsylvania
“Way to step up your game Red Roof”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Very impressed with this property. Great accommodating staff, beautiful rooms, and very comfortable. These refreshed locations look great. Bed was a little firm but otherwise very happy. Close to the highway and plenty of restaurants around.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review of our property. It is so great to hear that you found our staff to be accommodating, the rooms beautiful, and that the rooms are also very comfortable. I am sorry that you felt that the bed was a little firm. We have all brand new box springs and mattresses that were just replaced this year. We are located right off of exit 69 on Interstate 81 so we are very close to the highway. We also have a nice variety of restaurants close by. Thank you for staying with us and writing such a nice review. We hope to see you in the very near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Indonesian first
Athens, PA
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed here simply for a quick night's sleep while traveling. Hotel is a bit dated, but was very clean. Hardwood floors in my room, never saw that before, gave the room a bit of a cold feeling. I had a room with a door to the outside, it was very quiet, never heard any noise from the parking lot or other guests. Check in and out was a breeze, staff very friendly and helpful. Amenities were plentiful, lots of nice clean towels. The toilet would stick and keep trying to fill, just lifted up the back and fixed it, no big deal. My only major complaint was the bill; they charge $1.50 for the safe in the room. I neither used or wanted the safe, hence I was irritated at having to pay for it. I have never seen this in all my stays at hotels. Other than that, this is an average budget motel, I would stay there again without question if I was in need of a bed for a short stay. Easy on and off Route 81, less than two minutes.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Inn. I am glad to hear that you felt that our Inn was very clean and quiet. I am also very happy that you felt that the check in process was a breeze and that the staff was very helpful and friendly. Thank you for taking care of the running toilet in your room. Our Maintenance GSR appreciated to hear that! We do charge for the safe in your room. Upon check in, we ask you to read and initial on the registration card where it advises you of the safe fee. It advises that upon check out if you did not use the safe to just let our front desk staff know and we will be more than happy to remove that charge for you. We do not ask you at check in whether you will be using the safe because we do not want to invade your privacy. I am glad to hear that you will stay with us again on a return visit to the area. Once again, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review about our Inn.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Took my 13yr old daughter to Hoboken, NJ & decided to stay here. It was VERY CLEAN & the staff was friendly. I have stayed at Red Roof Inn before, but it wasn't as clean. You could tell these rooms were recently updated. The 1st night, the bed was less than comfy, but I got a king room the 2nd night & it was MUCH BETTER!

Room Tip: The room was comfy, but no hair dryer.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Melissa R
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am so glad to hear that you felt that your room was clean and found the staff to be friendly! We try very hard to exceed our guests expectations. Thank you again for your review. Please come and see us again when you are in the Harrisburg area!
PA
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Three families in our group stayed there for 5 days during a recent convention. We all agreed that the rooms were very clean and comfortable, the staff was great, especially Dally, the Front Desk Supervisor, always so pleasant and helpful. I will stay here next year...and have no problem recommending it to anyone who is looking for cleanliness, and comfort at a great value.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank FGChampion
Thank you so much for your very kind review. I am so glad to hear that you felt our rooms were clean and comfortable. And I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the staff, especially Dally. We take great pride in our cleanliness and customer service. I am very glad to hear that you will be staying with us on your next visit to Harrisburg. Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review of our Inn.
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel is for you if you like being treated rudely by front desk staff. The personnel behind the front desk when we checked in and checked out were abrupt, to say the least. This is not the job for people who lack customer service skills!! The room we were given was barren. Very little furniture and there was no mini-fridge. This hotel is in two separate buildings. Had to go to the front building to get ice, only to discover there was no ice in the ice machine. Although the hotel was located in a business park, the hotel did not offer breakfast. Overall, a very bad experience!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Third time we have visited this property. Newly renovated and very clean. Staff is great too! Wifi is very helpful and easy to use. Location right off the interstate. Will stay here again for certain. Recommend for weary travelers who want a nice place to sleep.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kennebago
I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. I am so happy to hear that you feel that our rooms are very clean. And also that the staff is great! We strive very hard to make sure that our guests are happy with our customer service and cleanliness. Thank you again for your very kind words. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Harrisburg!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Great stay! We arrived early and were allowed to check-in to our room. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Our room was great....very clean, bed was comfortable and housekeeping gave us extra towels we requested. We had a first floor room that was very quiet, even with guests on either side of us. The hotel is close to good restaurants and close to the highway. Free wi-fi and a very nice flat screen TV were an added bonus. I booked online and got a really good rate for our four day stay (less than $250). I would recommend this hotel to friends and family!! Planning another trip to Harrisburg and will definately stay at this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pattitravelnc
I am thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us! I am glad that you felt that the staff was friendly and helpful. I am also glad to hear that you found your room to be great. We are very proud of our cleanliness standards, customer service, and our newly renovated rooms! We will be looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area! Thank you once again for your review.