“Good Stay”

Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Lynbrook, New York
“Good Stay”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My fiancé and I recently stayed at this hotel for a short weekend trip to Hershey from
Thursday-Saturday. Room was ready before the assigned time which was good because after a long straight through drive from NY it was great to relax for a bit since we got to the area way ahead of schedule. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Room didn't really look exactly the way it did in the pictures so it was a bit deceiving, and the bathroom was a little small but other than that no complaints about the room. We were located on the second floor inside very close to the steps and front desk area, but encountered little to no noise. Bed was comfy and the offering of coffee and tea was great. However I wish there was a pool to relax by and a continental breakfast. Room had a king bed with a flat screen TV, a desk with a chair, coffee maker, and bathroom. Didn't spend too much time at the hotel other than to sleep and relax, but the room was always clean and restocked, and bed was made by the time we came back.
Hotel itself is sort of a motel style instead of one big building.
Very close to I-81 which was convenient and a short 20-30min drive to Hershey was not bad. Also close to a Cracker Barrel, a Macaroni Grill, and a Starbucks so there was a variety of places to eat at. Good for the price if you're looking for something budget wise that is still good quality wise.

Pros: Cheap, relatively close to Hershey and Harrisburg, bed, selection of coffee and tea, clean, close to highway, close to strip mall with food choices, relatively quiet.
Cons: Pictures of room on website, no food.

Room Tip: Ask to be located in a room in the same building as the front desk but on the second floor. It is i...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matthew S
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Inn. I am glad that we were able to get you checked into your room prior to check in time. I am thrilled that you found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. It sounds like you stayed in one of our Superior King rooms which do include a refrigerator and microwave, coffee makers, and iron/ironing boards. We are conveniently located off of I-81 on exit 69 (Progress Avenue) and we are a short 15 miles from Hershey Park. I am glad that you enjoyed the restaurants that are very close to our Inn. I would like to thank you again for writing a review of our Inn. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Harrisburg area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Indonesian first
Flemington, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed 1 night at the Red Roof Inn at the Harrisburgh North location because we had spent the whole day at HersheyPark. The location is approximately 25 minutes away from HersheyPark. The room upon arrival seemed decent... however the bad part was in the bathroom. There was hair all over the bathtub and around the toilet. It didn't appear to be have been cleaned too well before we checked in. That pretty much grossed me out a bit. I know this is not a Hilton, but at least let it be clean. I chose this hotel because I didn't want to pay over $300/night to stay in Hershey due to a concert going on that weekend. This room wasn't particularly cheap either at $100/night. I don't think I will return next time around.

3 Thank MzHui21
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I apologize that you found hair in the bathtub and around the toilet in your room. Please know that we take our customer service and cleanliness very seriously. I will be addressing my housekeeping staff regarding this incident. Thank you again for writing a review of our property. Please come back the next time you are in the Harrisburg area and give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is not for families other guess in hotel sketchy, the few in room near lobby drinking beer on the room chairs with many empties about might be a give away, only to find more drinking going on outside in the second building. just didnt have safe felling for my family

2 Thank Steve H
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for writing a review of our Inn. I am sorry that you did not have a safe feeling for your family during your stay with us. I can assure you that our Inn is very safe. We have a wide variety of guests that stay with us. We appeal to all type of travelers because we are pet friendly. During the summertime, we get several families visiting Hershey Park that stay with us. We have a very good relationship with the Susquehanna Police Department who drive through our property and the corporate offices surrounding our Inn. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review of our Inn. Next time you are in the area, please give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Coram, New York
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel is in a good location when visiting Hershey as we did because its right off the highway. The rooms we stayed in was recently redone so it was pretty decent. There is no breakfast offered but there is coffee in the lobby. This seems to be a popular place for truckers. Some of the other guests looked a bit sketchy but were harmless. This place appears to be going through a positive transformation so its worth a try.

1 Thank alcool17
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Inn. I am glad that you found our location to be good for your visit to Hershey. We are just 15 miles from Hershey and all the attractions there. I am happy that you liked our recent renovations. We do not offer a continental breakfast in order to keep our rates as low as we can, but do have our coffee bar available for our guests. We get a wide variety of travelers that stay with us, from truck drivers to families going to Hershey Park. We appeal to all types of travelers since we are pet friendly. Thank you again for writing a review of our property. We look forward on seeing you on your next visit to the Harrisburg area.
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Spent 2 nights last weekend on a family trip to Hershey park. Everything was perfect. The rooms were very clean & the maid Sue was excellent. The coffee bar in the lobby was a nice touch. The beds were very comfortable & we all slept great. I also loved seeing all the doggies taking their morning walks. My family will definitely stay again on our next trip to Hershey.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Corrie A
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am so happy that you found everything to be perfect during your stay! I am glad that you found your room to be very clean and that you found Sue to be excellent. She is definitely an asset to our Inn. I am glad that you found our beds to be very comfortable. We do have a lot of guests that like to bring their four legged family members with them when they travel. We are pet friendly and do not charge a fee to bring your pet with you during your travels. Thank you again for your very kind review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Hershey!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We like to stay at Red Roof since we have a dog but the hotel is nice.
Clean Rooms, fridge/microwave (no iron) and for the price it is wonderful!!!
The do charge for the safe so make sure when you check out the you say you did not use it.
They do have places that deliver in case you do not want to go out but many places to eat around.
Could have bigger pillows :) but always a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JEKDES-NYC
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for writing a review of our property. I am so happy that you find our hotel to be nice. We are pet friendly and do not charge you to bring your furry family member. I am glad that you found our rooms to be clean, and the price to be wonderful. We do have several restaurants that deliver as well as several restaurants in the area. I will pass the request for bigger pillows on to my corporate office. Thank you again for writing a review of our property. We look forward to seeing you next time you come to the area!
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Nothing fancy, but I've stayed here a few times and have not been disappointed.
The beds are comfortable, the AC works well, and the rooms are clean.
Not exactly a memorable hotel experience, but that's totally fine for the price paid.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad to hear that you have stayed with us a few times and that you have not been disappointed during any of your stays. I am happy to hear that you feel the beds are comfortable, the air conditioners work well, and that our rooms are clean. We look forward to seeing you again when you travel to the Harrisburg area! Thank you again for writing a review of our Inn.