“Clean, quiet, well appointed”

Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North
Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Excellent value for money. Good location in quiet business park. Clean and well maintained. Had everything we needed for short stay. Efficient staff. Had new TV, microwave and mini-fridge.No restaurants within walking distance--nearest food place is Cracker Barrel a little over a mile drive away. No problem for us but may be for some. Strongly recommend!!!

Room Tip: recommend delux king, first floor, non-handicap
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George M
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am so glad to hear that you found us to be an excellent value for your money! I am also very pleased that you enjoyed our location and found us to be clean and well maintained. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guests so I am happy to hear that you found the staff to be efficient. Our Superior Kings rooms do include a refrigerator and microwave, irons and ironing boards, as well as coffee makers. Once again I would like to thank you for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw my room. This can't be a Red Roof Inn; it looked more upscale. The furnishings were super. The king bed was almost as comfortable as my bed at home. The only negative was the bath towels were rough and the toilet was too low for a tall person. Staff was friendly and professional. I will stay here again next time I am in Harrisburg. Adam Scibek, Richmondville, NY

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Adam S
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for writing a review of our property. I am happy to hear that you liked our newly renovated rooms! It is good to hear that you found our beds to be as comfortable as the one you have at home. I am sorry that you felt that our towels were rough and that the toilet was too low for taller people. I will look into the laundry products we are using on our linen to see if we can't get our linen a little softer. I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and professional. Thank you again for writing a review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My fiancé and I recently stayed at this hotel for a short weekend trip to Hershey from
Thursday-Saturday. Room was ready before the assigned time which was good because after a long straight through drive from NY it was great to relax for a bit since we got to the area way ahead of schedule. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Room didn't really look exactly the way it did in the pictures so it was a bit deceiving, and the bathroom was a little small but other than that no complaints about the room. We were located on the second floor inside very close to the steps and front desk area, but encountered little to no noise. Bed was comfy and the offering of coffee and tea was great. However I wish there was a pool to relax by and a continental breakfast. Room had a king bed with a flat screen TV, a desk with a chair, coffee maker, and bathroom. Didn't spend too much time at the hotel other than to sleep and relax, but the room was always clean and restocked, and bed was made by the time we came back.
Hotel itself is sort of a motel style instead of one big building.
Very close to I-81 which was convenient and a short 20-30min drive to Hershey was not bad. Also close to a Cracker Barrel, a Macaroni Grill, and a Starbucks so there was a variety of places to eat at. Good for the price if you're looking for something budget wise that is still good quality wise.

Pros: Cheap, relatively close to Hershey and Harrisburg, bed, selection of coffee and tea, clean, close to highway, close to strip mall with food choices, relatively quiet.
Cons: Pictures of room on website, no food.

Room Tip: Ask to be located in a room in the same building as the front desk but on the second floor. It is i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew S

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Inn. I am glad that we were able to get you checked into your room prior to check in time. I am thrilled that you found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. It sounds like you stayed in one of our Superior King rooms which do include a refrigerator and microwave, coffee makers, and iron/ironing boards. We are conveniently located off of I-81 on exit 69 (Progress Avenue) and we are a short 15 miles from Hershey Park. I am glad that you enjoyed the restaurants that are very close to our Inn. I would like to thank you again for writing a review of our Inn. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Harrisburg area!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed 1 night at the Red Roof Inn at the Harrisburgh North location because we had spent the whole day at HersheyPark. The location is approximately 25 minutes away from HersheyPark. The room upon arrival seemed decent... however the bad part was in the bathroom. There was hair all over the bathtub and around the toilet. It didn't appear to be have been cleaned too well before we checked in. That pretty much grossed me out a bit. I know this is not a Hilton, but at least let it be clean. I chose this hotel because I didn't want to pay over $300/night to stay in Hershey due to a concert going on that weekend. This room wasn't particularly cheap either at $100/night. I don't think I will return next time around.

3  Thank MzHui21

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I apologize that you found hair in the bathtub and around the toilet in your room. Please know that we take our customer service and cleanliness very seriously. I will be addressing my housekeeping staff regarding this incident. Thank you again for writing a review of our property. Please come back the next time you are in the Harrisburg area and give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is not for families other guess in hotel sketchy, the few in room near lobby drinking beer on the room chairs with many empties about might be a give away, only to find more drinking going on outside in the second building. just didnt have safe felling for my family

2  Thank Steve H
Joanna Martin _, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for writing a review of our Inn. I am sorry that you did not have a safe feeling for your family during your stay with us. I can assure you that our Inn is very safe. We have a wide variety of guests that stay with us. We appeal to all type of travelers because we are pet friendly. During the summertime, we get several families visiting Hershey Park that stay with us. We have a very good relationship with the Susquehanna Police Department who drive through our property and the corporate offices surrounding our Inn. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review of our Inn. Next time you are in the area, please give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel is in a good location when visiting Hershey as we did because its right off the highway. The rooms we stayed in was recently redone so it was pretty decent. There is no breakfast offered but there is coffee in the lobby. This seems to be a popular place for truckers. Some of the other guests looked a bit sketchy but were harmless. This place appears to be going through a positive transformation so its worth a try.

1  Thank alcool17

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Inn. I am glad that you found our location to be good for your visit to Hershey. We are just 15 miles from Hershey and all the attractions there. I am happy that you liked our recent renovations. We do not offer a continental breakfast in order to keep our rates as low as we can, but do have our coffee bar available for our guests. We get a wide variety of travelers that stay with us, from truck drivers to families going to Hershey Park. We appeal to all types of travelers since we are pet friendly. Thank you again for writing a review of our property. We look forward on seeing you on your next visit to the Harrisburg area.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Spent 2 nights last weekend on a family trip to Hershey park. Everything was perfect. The rooms were very clean & the maid Sue was excellent. The coffee bar in the lobby was a nice touch. The beds were very comfortable & we all slept great. I also loved seeing all the doggies taking their morning walks. My family will definitely stay again on our next trip to Hershey.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Corrie A

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am so happy that you found everything to be perfect during your stay! I am glad that you found your room to be very clean and that you found Sue to be excellent. She is definitely an asset to our Inn. I am glad that you found our beds to be very comfortable. We do have a lot of guests that like to bring their four legged family members with them when they travel. We are pet friendly and do not charge a fee to bring your pet with you during your travels. Thank you again for your very kind review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Hershey!