“Great stay for the price!”

Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Great stay for the price!”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

If you are looking for one of the inexpenisve places to stay near Hersheypark, then this is for you. Nothing fancy, but for the $62 we paid it was great for one night. The front desk clerks were very nice and friendly. The rooms were clean and didn't smell like smoke (one of my pet peeves as a nonsmoker!) The bathroom looked as if it had recently been remodeled. It was very clean. The decor was a bit tacky, but for just sleeping there one night, who cares what color blanket you cover up with! The TV was an older model, no plasma flat screen or anything like that but we only watched TV for an hour or so before bed so no big deal to us. The room had a safe if you want to protect valuables. We didn't use it so we got $1.50 off our bill at checkout. Used high speed internet, worked fine. The don't have breakfast, only coffee and some apples and oranges but there a lot of places to eat close by. There is a McDonalds and a Dominos right next door you can walk to. They gave us a coupon booklet at check in for local restuarants and things. It took us less then 10 minutes to get to Hersheypark. There are parking places outside of each room and only 2 floors so you don't have to walk far at all from car to room! So if you are just looking for a simple place just to sleep for the night for a cheap price then I would recommend this hotel. I would stay again.

Room Tip: There are 2 buildings of 2 floors. Parking spaces outside each room, so never far to walk!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Nonsmoking room smelled of cigarette smoke. No hair dryer in room. Nice bed; horrible pillows. No shuttle to airport.

Room Tip: We were on back of 2nd building and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deb10pink
U.S.
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Great hotel, easy to find. Beds were a little uncomfortable, but I like a really soft bed and theirs were very hard. So I can't hold that against them. The lady who checked is in (can't remember her name, but we checked in 7-29-11 in the evening) was incredibly helpful with suggestions and directions. It was also helpful to have a Dollar General right across the street because I forgot a few things. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Tuckerton, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The red roof inn was clean and comfortable . About 8 miles fr Hershey park and attractions. Not too far. The deluxe dbl had a refrigerator and a microwave which was extremely exciting cause we could make popcorn :) lol . There is not a restaurant on premises but plenty in the area along w many other stores in case u forgot something:)

• Stayed July 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Overnighted here during a family reunion, and was pleased overall with the value and especially with the service. The room was clean and bug-free, and front desk staff went out of their way to print out mapquest directions to the nearest grocery store when we inquired. The coffee in the lobby in the morning was fresh and of good quality. I would not hesitate to stay again. I get the sense that management is doing everything right.

The problem I had with the room is particular to Red Roof Inn chain and not to this facility: I hate the decor. I know this is picky, so take my whining with a grain of salt, but the bright blues and reds are absolutely garish under the 4000-5000k color temperature lighting fixtures. While this makes the room bright, it also makes it look cold and flourescently lit, like my old dorm room without the cinderblock walls, or like a sterile operating room. The lighting fixtures themselves seem to have been pulled from the set of Star Trek. Soft white bulbs would add warmth and appeal. This complaint does not impact my rating of this particular hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Great location convenient to down town ,shopping,Air port,and good eating!
Good neighborhood always felt safe here. The management and staff always more than willing to help with directions and my faxing needs.Never got a room I didn't like in my three year of stays. I travel in my work a lot always glad when i know coming back here !

Room Tip: I like the ground floor kings with the refrigarators and mricowaves.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I was wanting to find a nice place to stop that was inexpensive and that I could work the next morning before checkout. This Red Roof Inn was very modern and accommodating. I recommend going for the King Room which has a nice size bed of course along with a comfortable work station. For the price, this is a great place to stop!

Also, I had left something behind in my room. I called about it, and they shipped back to me the next day! Great place! Great people!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo