“Average red roof- great desk person!”

Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Upstate NY
“Average red roof- great desk person!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Location was convenient in a busy area but desk person did fast check in and helpful with suggestions for eating places. Room was fine but the safe did not work- I had similar experience in Binghamton NY and they fixed it immediately- here , they just shrugged and took it off my bill. Location seemed dark, wifi and tv were flickering - bed and room were comfortable and clean. I would stay here again - well worth the price esp with mcdonalds and Capitol diner next door!

• Stayed September 2013
Hershey950, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you greatly for writing a review of your experience here at Red Roof. We continually improve with responses from our guests with a goal of 5 star perfection. I do apologize for your in room safe being locked but thank you for bringing this to my attention as going forward this will be an area of focus for my housekeeping staff and an area of re-training for my front desk GSR's. I look forward to having you back so we can impress, impress, impress.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Benezette, PA
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have stayed more than a dozen times this year so far. The front desk staff have made a point of getting to know my wife and I by name. Most of the time we do not reserve a room and they always know exactly what type of room we want to get. For a few months they were having trouble with housekeepers, and they went out of their way to try to make things right for us, when we experienced any issues. The issues were always very minor issues and overall the place is a great place to stay. They offer a great discount to PA state employees. It is definitely the best place, for the price, in the area.

Room Tip: Superior King is the best value
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive response and it is always great to see you. We are very proud of our guest relations and are continually striving to improve. With our recent renovation we have had the opportunity to be even more proud of our product and will continue to impress. Until next time, be happy, be proud and be yourself.
North Carolina
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This Red Roof seemed just fine to me. Delivered in the most important ways. The beds were really comfy. When I woke up the parking lot was packed but I only heard two conversation noises in the night so I'd call that quiet. The coffee was hot in the morning. They could invest in better towels, but I didn't expect 300 count. Thin hairs, be forewarned: there are no in-room hair dryers. If you don't have one, you have to go naturally flat. But there is a great diner two doors down. Pass up MickeyDs and walk over for a great breakfast - cheap, hot, yummy, and lots of regulars.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
I want to thank you for choosing Red Roof Harrisburg Hershey as your place of stay. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. It is true that we have many great restaurants within walking distance. Rest assured that we do have select Business King rooms that do come equipped with hair dryers and although our other rooms do not have them equipped we do have hair dryers available at the front desk. I look forward to seeing you again and mabye next time we can impress you with one of our upgraded rooms.
Ithaca ny
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was very disappointed! The room smelled, air conditioner noisy, I asked for 1st floor and got 2nd floor with no elevator and i had a knee replacement. A group of bikers were there parting outside at 11'00 pm and cops came. Bathroom are very small. We booked two rooms and we had a refridgerator, microwave coffee machine hair dryer and iron and iron board in our room but nothing in the second room for kids. Asked for more towels for the kids and was told to come to front desk and get them. Also when making the reservations we were told it was about 5 miles away and it 10 miles and not easy to get back to room. I would not recommend this or stay there again. Also the maid need put more coffee or supplies for the second morning had to go to front desk to get that.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hershey950, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We were in fact recently renovated with new carpet, beds and linens. We are in the process of re-placing our a/c units and are also re-training our front desk staff and housekeepers to provide our guests with the best possible experience we can provide. We value all of our guests and I strongly encourage you and your family to allow us another opportunity to impress you if you are in the area again.
maryland
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed here during a recent trip to Hershey Park. We literally just slept at the hotel and that was all we needed. No frills, but the staff were very friendly. I would have liked to have been a little closer to the park, but it was well worth the 15 minute drive to save $80. During the summer season I could not find anything within an 8 mile radius of Hershey Park that was less than $150 per night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hershey950, Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor. We at Red Roof Harrisurg/Hershey pride ourselves on the friendliness of our staff. We feel that the value of our inn can speak for itself and we are always looking for ways to improve the quality that we offer so our guests enjoy themselves. I invite you and your family back to our location anytime and look forward to providing you with another great stay.
Reviewed 22 August 2013

May I start off with saying that when we booked our room on a different website it said they had a continental breakfast and pool. When we got here they said we were mistaken and could not get our money back to book else where. The rooms are nice and feel cozy and clean. We stayed in room 237, the air conditioner does not work well at all & it was over 90 degrees today. This is our second night here and the ice machine still has produced no ice. Our toliet doesn't flush very well. Overall we will not be coming here ever again.

• Stayed August 2013
Hershey950, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Good morning,
I want to thank you for giving us some feedback pertaining to your stay and I am very sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. We work very hard at providing our guests a great stay and it seems that we fell short this time around. We are looking into the matters you have brought forth and encourage you to give us another try.
The mis-information about the pool and breakfast is quite discouraging and we will be addressing that with the website you booked with.
Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again.
Liverpool, New York
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stay in many hotels for business yet this one was for pleasure. I have had good luck with Red Roofs with their upgraded rooms so I was OK planning an overnight at Red Roof Harrisburg. I was planning on visiting Hershey Park and had my family with me. The building was old, rooms were a little dirty and rugs were worn. Laundry was piled and thrown in the halls from all the rooms when people were checking out. I have never seen anything like that. The location is great but I was very disappointed, The front desk was the best part of the stay and were attentive when I shared my concerns...Just some cleaning and redoing the halls would go a long way,,,,

Room Tip: Get a business king...Worth the price if only 2 are traveling.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Good afternoon,
It is great to hear that you had a positive experience with our front desk staff. We take pride in our guest service representatives and are in the process of re-training some of our housekeeping staff with proper procedures and policies. If you find yourself in the area again we would love for you to stop back in as all of your not so positive experiences will be addressed n your next stay will be wonderful.