Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey
Harrisburg Hotel(Harrisburg)
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Sleep Inn & Suites(Harrisburg)
Great 4.5/5
Rodeway Inn(Harrisburg)
Econo Lodge(Harrisburg)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsfront deskcapitol dinerroom was cleanstar hoteleisenhower blvdawesome staytwo night stayenjoyed my stayoff the highwaywould definitely stay here againconvenient locationeasy accessbooked this hotelbryantiffanypethousekeeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Please let Red Roof Inn know we will never stay in any of your motels again. We rented two rooms where the ac did not move the air properly and even though "renovated" the stale cigarette smoke still permeated the air. We turned the air down to 64 in order to be able to breathe but could not sleep because we were freezing and your blanket was so thin, it was useless. As for the bedspread, it was stained with suspicious substances so not interested in using them in either room either.

Also, didn't appreciate coming back late the first night to discover the cleaning lady shorted us one set of towels. But the final insult was to get the bills and they were for more than you had stated they would be. We paid $220.+ per room because you charged us a "safe" user fee each night of $1.50 for a total of $6.00. While a little money, it really was the kicker to say never again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. We read the reviews and thought any place could have a bad review but should have heeded the one about the flies.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Caroline0419
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived at Red Roof Inn after driving from OC MD. I had read the reviews and thought it would be ok for our two nights in the Harrisburg area. I was sadly mistaken. Staff was friendly enough, but room and building were below par. Upon entering room we were met by flies!! Not just one or two, but more like 10 plus. Apparently this had been a previous issue considering I found them smashed on mirrors, wall, and two on ceiling. I killed 6 myself in less than 10 mins. Carpet was stained terribly and overall room was dark and dingy. Covering on one of the beds was stained as well. One of the lamps had a burned out bulb and the light in the tiny, tiny bathroom was extremely dim!! I would not let my children take their shoes off!! Within 15 mins I was on the phone trying to find somewhere else. Luckily we did find a HI Express about 10 mins away!!! We loaded up car and moved!!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank cad815
Hershey950, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

I cannot apologize enough for the issues you had with your stay. Please understand that this situation is not normal as we take great pride in our rooms. I have looked into these issues and have addressed them accordingly. I have had all carpets cleaned in every room by a professional carpet cleaning company. I do also apologize for the flies in your room, in the middle of summer with as much humidity as we have had we do have an influx of outside bugs. Luckily we were able to accommodate a first floor room for you and as all first floor rooms are outside access, any time the door is opened there is a possibility that a pesky bug may enter that room. I am following up with this with a pest elimination company. I can assure you that your next stay with us will be pleasant for you and your family.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

First let me say all hotels within 20 minutes of HersheyPark are way overpriced. The further away the better the deal but in Hershey they are outrageous!! Knowing this I will not stay at my preferred brand Hilton (Hampton Inn) which is close to the park or near here. I'm only 2 hours from the park but just don't want to drive home after a long day or spend $200.00 to sleep. That said I look for reasonably priced lodging in the area. This time I tried this hotel and was pleased with the accommodations. Rooms are very basic, low on amenities but clean and my room had a fridge and microwave. My only complaint was with the clientele staying at the hotel. Lower priced accommodations attract a different type of traveller than a Hampton Inn. There were groups of individuals sitting outside their room on the desk chairs drinking beer, cooking on a grill in their flat bed pickup till close to midnite. Not what I want to see coming and going from my room. When checking out Emily the desk clerk who was very polite explained that this location gets a lot of construction workers for long stays. And as she said she has no control over the type of guests who choose the hotel. In the end for a brief stay this hotel is fine but for more than two nights I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank septaleon
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The staff at the Harrisburg Hershey is great -- special "shout out" to Polly and Domm whom I 've tried hard to make crazy but keep responding with patient smiles. My schedule is subject to change and they happily change my reservations.

The free wifi is nice, too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel is clean each time I stay. The location is exceptionally great because there's a laundry mat across the street, string of different restaurants, and shopping centers. The front desk attendant, Emily is very polite and helpful. I also appreciate that they're dog friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014