Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Harrisburg)
Rodeway Inn(Harrisburg)
View Hotel
Sleep Inn & Suites(Harrisburg)
Harrisburg Hotel(Harrisburg)
View Hotel
All reviewsindustrial areafull kitchenpenthouse suiteindoor poolnewer buildinghershey parkseparate buildingsfront deskliving roomolder partpull out sofathe breakfast areamarriott propertiesfree breakfasta nice place to stayquiet areaoatmeal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Stayed here with my sister and her family for 3 days. The Hotel is clean and comfortable. It is kind of in a werid location in an industrial section but close to Hersey attractions and easy to get to. The hotal had a great breakfast and a light dinner which you could make as your dinner. I would recommend this to larger families. They have an indoor and outdoor pool but the outdoor pool is very small. Having a full kitchen was nice as well. The bathroom should have a door to the sink area because I kept waiting up the kids when I went to the bathroom at night! Otherwise great place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your suite especially the kitchen area and our social events. I am also very pleased to hear our hotel was clean and comfortable as well. If you are in the area again, please stop by. Have a great summer!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

My cousin and I spent three nights at this hotel 7/7-7/9. It is a bit off the beaten path, sits back near several business'. But it was a very nice stay. Staff seemed attentive and friendly. As we were walking back and forth through the hotel, courtyards etc.. they all said hello and were pleasant. Our room was a one room suite, that had a sofa bed. It was in the newer section and was on the first floor. Bathroom Sink was in the bed room area. We were actually in a handicapped room. It had railings in the bathroom but I was surprised that it didn't have the roll in type of shower stall. It had a regular shower head and a removable shower head and hose. We did not request this type of room but it wasn't a big deal. It was clean and appealing to the eye. The kitchen area appeared to be well stocked with appliances, dishes, utensils. We did not use anything other than the fridge. They did have 2 Hershey Kisses in the dining area and one mini Krackle Candy bar on the pillow of the king size bed. They didn't replace it each day though if you are expecting and enjoy those little special touches.

They had a nice outdoor area with a pool and basket ball court. They do offer some evening snacks, light meals. But we were not around when those were offered. Upon check in they did have a cooler with lemonade available. We did take advantage of the breakfast that was offered and it had several choices and items were refilled as needed. The second day we got up too late for it and the third morning, it was a zoo! Very busy, long line and it was already 8:40 and it was suppose to be over at 9. We opted to eat out.

Over all the location was good for what we needed. We enjoy staying in the Hershey area but we often will ride up to Reading or Lancaster to do some additional shopping and browsing at some favorite places along the way. We like being able to return to the Hershey area for our evening meals at some favorite places. It was our first stay at a Residence Inn. We wanted to share expenses but each have some private sleep space. It would of been nicer if the bathroom was not in the bed room area in the event we had to use it in the middle of the night. We would of worried we were disturbing each other's sleep. But we had a good stay, it was a good location over all for our needs. The Hershey attractions were maybe about 10 minutes away from the hotel. They are very helpful with handouts with directions and notes on places to dine, airport etc...

Room Tip: You may want to inquire where your potential room will be as they have several buildings and some have steps only. The regular shower/tub with removable shower head and railings may not be enough to accomodate some handicapped needs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am very glad to hear that my staff was friendly and attentive to your needs. I also glad to hear you were enjoyed your suite, especially the refriderator. We hope you will choose to stay with us on your next visit to Hershey. Have a great day!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed here from 7/2 to 7/9 in room 914. Absolutely thrilled AND was "wowed" for the service, value and friendliness. I rate this place a near perfect 9.9 out of 10. Rooms were clean (yes I did find a dirty baby sock behind a curtain) but it was in a hard place to see. It passed my white socks on the rug and floor test - Guess what? No dirt or grim anywhere! I found no evidence of bugs - and I exhaustively inspect beds and floors and furniture before bringing bags in the room- This place was perfect. Kitchenette and amenities was spotless and passed my "Felix Unger" tests and then it passed my Wife's even more stringent tests. Even the toaster and microwave were clean and in new condition with no crumbs or odors. Friendly Staff was very , very very nice!! Anything within reason you ask for and they will help you get it. The Showers and toilets were well powered and the shower and sinks had fine temp control and the bathroom was clean. My room was cleaned every single day for the 8 days I stayed - and dig this - we only had to tell them once! We had an incident with a smoker next door too and my wife called the desk at 4AM - when we smelled the cigarette smoke coming in our room..We expected a wishy washy limpwristed response , but no! The hotel manager personally dealt with the situation and removed the offensive person who was breaking the rules as this is a clean NON SMOKING IN THE ROOM HOTEL. I was totally impressed. The breakfast and hotel dinners were not the Freezer queen , powdered Army K ration egg variety you see in other places either. It was real honest to goodness very decent delicious fresh hot meals. The 7/3 Yankee Hot dog and Hamburger feast that they had was just awesome! Even the hotel coffee was better than fresh McDonald's coffee. Only thing I had that could resemble a downside or bad thing was the bed was kind of soft and lumpy to my liking, but I do fully realize that this is not possible to get a firm bed to my custom needs. Still I slept soundly and comfortably and the hot shower loosened my lower back up just fine. The Girls who ran the kitchen and service desk are just marvelous. The pool was great for me and the kids. On 7/4 and 7/5 Hershey park's boardwalk and water park were so crowded and we didnt get much mobility there on 95 degree plus days,,but the Pool outside at the Residence Inn made up for it and more. Plus all the other guests were upscale and not grungy foul mouthed litterbugs like you see near the park hotels sometimes - sorry folks , I call it like I see it and you know exactly what I mean. Me and the kids made friends here and played basketball and pool beach ball/ volley ball with other families. The hotel even had a brand new Weber gas grille outside for all of us to use and this we did ..with Franks and Smores. This gave the place a resort or fun camp feel to it. My Wife and I and the boys enjoyed ourselves and we were sorry to leave. We had a great time every day at this Residence Inn in Harrisburg Hershey..All I can say is...KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK AND DON'T CHANGE A THING!!!!...I will definitely come back here when we come to Hershey again.
FANTASTIC HOTEL - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED..A++++

Ps- I also read the few scant negative or poor reviews here, some are very old and probably prior management and as for others, I conclude that these are people who are simply plain miserable and terrible people themselves..So...Do not pay attention to them. THIS PLACE IS FAB!

Room Tip: Just say you want a clean room and tell them you want it cleaned with fresh sheets and linen every day,,and see it done.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I would like to personally thank you for all of the kind feedback. Your feedback is appreciated by my staff and myself. It truly made my day! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel and all of our amentities. We hope to see you on your next visit to Hershey. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

What a gem! Stayed in the penthouse suite while visiting nearby Hersheypark. Spacious suite with separate bedroom and loft area. Worth the splurge gor the space and Wow factor! Kitchen with large dining table worked out great for the kids who were busy making t-shirts for the One Direction concert. Only negative was the crowd at breakfast (waited quite a while to make waffles) and the service at the evening buffet. I went to grab a salad for my husband who was in the room not feeling well and most of the food was already put away. I was rudely told it ended at 7:30!!! It was only 7:29, gimme a break :)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ehill13

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our suites from the loft area to kitchen. The suite sounds like it fit your family perfectly! I am so sorry to hear about the evening social. I do apologize for the interaction between you and the associate. We take pride in our hotel and our food functions. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Hershey. Have a great summer!

Reviewed 4 July 2013

This is a great alternative to the Hershey Hotels. It is in an industrial area, but only an easy drive of 15 min away. We stayed two nights, having a full size refrigerator/freezer was nice. The staff is great, from the young guy who checks you in at night, to the wonderfully friendly gal prepping the breakfast. It was such a nice treat to get gala apples as a fruit, normally the apples at these breakfasts are horrible.

The place is spotless, the maid even decorated the tissue box with a flower. We plan to make this our preferred hotel while staying at the park in the future. Enjoy!

2  Thank Cruiser1260
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our full size kitchens especially our refrigerator and freezer. I am also so happy to hear you enjoyed our staff and breakfast. We hope you will come see us again on your next visit to Hershey. Have a wonderful day!