“Nice”

Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Germantown, Maryland
“Nice”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The desk staff person was welcoming and nice. We arrived at the hotel a little before check-in. He checked us in and told us that he would call us when our room was ready. While waiting, we took a short trip to the Target that was a few blocks away. We received a call from the desk staff shortly after we left informing us that our room was ready.

The room had a great layout, lots of space, and was very comfortable. My son claimed and loved the loft. The negatives about the room were that the bed was really hard and uncomfortable, the TV pictures weren't sharp, the sofa looked like it needed to be cleaned and had short white hairs across the back where your head rests, and the wooden outside stairs that go up to the room were narrow, old, and scary. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for your 4 star review. We are so pleased that you had a pleasant check in experience. Our property also has a two bedroom suite, which has the same room accommodations on one level. This option may suit your family needs better. Thank you again for choosing our Residence Inn.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
New Jersey
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We recently visited the Hershey area and needed space for lodging. We had 4 teen girls for a "Birthday" trip and one hotel room with one bathroom would not work for us.

The Hotel is located in more of an Industrial area, but it was quiet. We had a great room with a loft, 2 bathrooms, nice sized kitchen, and living area.

That was perfect for what we needed! The girls were thrilled and had a great time using the pools. Hershey is not far away at all. Under a 10 minute ride. Also, nearby is plenty of places to dine or shop.

We found our unit to be very clean and comfortable. The kitchen was also a great perk!

The free breakfast was good and everyone enjoyed their morning meals. I would recommend this place for anyone looking for a place to stay with a family with older children needing their privacy and space.

Room Tip: This Hotel also takes dogs. I enjoyed walking around and seeing the friendly people with their pets...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tappenfeat
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so happy your family was able to take advantage of our wonderful amenities, our larger size suites, and our four legged friends. Also we would like to wish your daughter a belated birthday! We are looking forward to see you in the future.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Because of traffic, we were not sure where we would end up for the night, so didn't call for a room until we were only an hour away- and boy are we glad we picked this hotel!! The hotel staff were all so friendly and courteous, and the room was delightful. Our room was a studio style suite and was very comfortable, with a nice TV, kitchenette, and plenty of room. Our stay was quiet and comfortable. We used the internet with no problem and I used the fitness center, which had an eliptical and treadmill. The breakfast was good with plenty of choices - even fresh eggs. Overall, a very nice stay- we liked it so much, we are planning to stay there on our return trip!

Room Tip: Our room was on the side farthest from the highway- and was quiet and easy to access.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Hi LG12112, Thank you for providing such a glowing review of our hotel! We appreciate you taking the time to give feedback on your stay. I am happy to hear your accommodations were comfortable and relaxing and our amenities met all your needs.
We look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Rocky mountains
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I think that to be perfectly transparent folks need to know that some of the units at this Residence Inn are located in such proximity to a busy highway that you can look out your window and see the trucks and cars passing by . You can certainly hear them at all hours . It is an unpleasant surprise as is the two story walk up to several units .

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that is not next to the highway.
Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hello Cusemeister, Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear you were disturbed by local traffic during your stay. Our hotel is an apartment style Residence Inn with private entrances. We do offer suites in many locations on our property with first and second floor stair access. We look forward to accommodating you in the future.
Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This has been our seventh consecutive year staying at the Residence Inn for the CHAP Homeschool Convention in Harrisburg. The wonderful accomodations and proximity to major roadways is a why we return year after year. The breakfast is an added perk - freshly made scrambled eggs are just the begining. After a good nights sleep and a great breakfast we are ready to tackle the miles of walking the vendor stalls and sit attentively at the educational sessions.

Room Tip: Book early, this place is popular! There is not a bad room in the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review. We appreciate your loyalty and dedication to our facility. Hope to see you next year!
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We were very pleased to stay at this hotel during cheer competition weekend! We had a king suite with sleeper sofa, and room were spacious, clean, and nice! Don't hesitate to stay here. : ) Location was good and close to many restaurants. The swimming pool was very well kept and clean. The fitness center was also very clean, and offered a lot for hotel. Outside our suite was a really nice sitting area with benches.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am please to know our extra amenities were able to fit your needs. Hope to see you soon!
Williamsport
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel is beautiful, I love the fireplace. The whole suite is very nice and I feel right at home. I do have two complaints though, I worked in the hotel industry for a few years so I know the ropes. First of all on my second day housekeeping shampooed my carpet, this was very uncomfortable because all night I had to either wear shoes or get my feet soaked because it was so wet. I've never ever worked in a hotel before where they cleaned the carpets while a guest was in the room. The standard procedure is that the rooms be vacant and taken out of order until dry.

Then I checked my account and I was glad I did because it was close to being overdrawn. My company is paying for my hotel, so the front desk should have only authorized my debit card for $60, I get how that works. takes 3-10 business days to drop off and so forth. But I was missing hundred of dollars out of my checking account. I called the desk when I noticed (around midnight) and he wasn't able to locate the authorization, which is fine, he was very polite and helpful. The next morning I called my bank and they confirmed the hold on my money was coming from the hotel. No problem, that can happen easily when checking someone in. I knew it was a simple fix, all the hotel had to do was fax over the information authorizing the release of my money.

However when I called the hotel, Katelyn answered and was not helpful in the beginning. First she just tried telling me it was an authorization and not a charge (which I understood and made that clear when I called) then she proceeded to tell me it was normal. It wasn't normal. They authorized my card for hundreds more than it should have been. Then she told me there was nothing they could do. That is also not okay. I told her I worked in the hotel industry, had her exact same job before and told her exactly what she had to do. After that she immediately put me on hold. I could hold for too long because I was on break, when I called back later she seemed much more eager to help, I'm assuming she spoke to her manager. Bottom line is, she never apologized, then on top of that tried telling me there was nothing that could be done.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
HI Kate,

Thank you for your comments on your guest room! The fireplace is a great amenity to have, especially when it is cold! I would llike to apologize for the issues that you experienced during your stay with us. I am sorry that the front desk was not able to assist you as efficiently as they should have. I have confirmed that the bank issue was taken care of. Also, regarding the carpet, we do have all of the carpets professionally cleaned throughout the year, and I apologize that it had not thoroughly dried. We appreciate your business, and look forward to your return to the Residence Inn Harrisburg.

Have a wonderful day!