“Good place for family while visiting Hershey Park” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey

Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Massachusetts
“Good place for family while visiting Hershey Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This Marriott hotel is a good place to stay while a family is visiting Hershey Park. We had a small kitchen, two queen size beds, and a foldout couch which made a queen size bed. The room was large and easily accessed. There is a large lobby and in the lobby there is a buffet for breakfast and supper. Breakfast was huge, including hot and cold items. There is a swimming pool and a tennis court/basketball court. Everything was very clean and well-kept. This hotel is about 10 to 15 minutes away from the park. Nearby are many family-friendly restaurants also.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank dallas61
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
We couldn't agree with you more! Thank you for your wonderful review,we are so glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. It sounds like you were able to enjoy all the wonderful amenities our hotel has to offer. We hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

You will enjoy the people in the kitchen at breakfast and that's about it.
From the Sales manager to the desk clerks to the cleaning staff you would
rather be with your dog (which are not allowed by the way) because these
people do not have a clue about how to respectfully treat people.
I will never stay at this hotel again, and would recommend to anyone to
find somewhere else to stay in the Harrisburg area.

Room Tip: A tip to choosing a good room would be to find a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CriticBlowNe
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
CriticBlowNe,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Harrisburg/Hershey hotel. I am dissapointed to learn of your dissatisfaction with the staff at the hotel during your stay. I would like to discusss your stay with you. You can contact me directly at the hotel at 717-561-1900.
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Got to room and had a small blood spot on bath towel. Very visible. Not sure it could have been missed. Unless hey didn't really care. Also opened sofa bed to see that the contents of the previous sleepers bed were still on it and just folded back into it. Housekeeping never cared to check. I stripped the sofa bed and made it with fresh linens from closet. All within 5 mins of beginning stay. Bad start for a platinum rewards member with Marriott. Front desk was polite enough. Just seemed very frazzled and pressed for time. I think shift change was occuring too.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. I was disappointed to learn that your experience was less then satisfactory .Our staff typically receives very positive reviews regarding there level of service and I truly apologize that was not your experience. We hope you will give us a second chance in the future.
Kendall Park, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Our GPS was telling to turn into what appeared to be an industrial park (at night). They need a sign off the local road.

The room was nicely appointed and the staff friendly, but breakfast ends at 9am during the week, way too early, not only for us, but the many families who were also rushing to get there and finish before 9am. It's summertime and people are on vacation. Breakfast should go later.

The fitness room is small and needs a mat, disinfectant wipes for the machines and maybe an exercise ball.

Stayed July 2014
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for feedback .I am sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with the immediate surrounding area. Also thank you for the great compliments on our front desk staff. We did recently upgrade our fitness center so we do thank you for the helpful hints to improve for future guests. We hope to see you soon.
Bridgeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed last week using a free night I earned with my Marriott points. After an extremely hot and humid day at Hershey Park, this hotel was a great place to relax. We checked in around 4:30, got right in our room, a king in the back with a sofa bed. The room was clean and perfect for our needs. It was my husband and I with our teenage daughter, and our 2 year old grandson. The staff was wonderful and extremely helpful. They explained the dinner "social" and gave me a packet of information about the area. We unloaded and stretched out to cool off and watch TV. About a 1/2 hour after checking in, the front desk called to see if everything was ok! I have never had this happen before, and it was a great touch. The social that night was a BBQ theme....hamburgers, hotdogs, baked beans, potato salad, chips, and salad bar. There was a keg of beer, sodas and coffee, tea. The food was plentiful and since it was included, was a great way to end the night. My husband especially appreciated the beer, after a long day with a 2 year old! I did use the Market Store, to get macaroni and cheese for my grandson who is a picky eater. I bought a small Stouffer's mac and cheese, and a Rice Krispie treat and spent $9!! I felt this was extremely overpriced for what I got. The free breakfast was plentiful, also. They offered pancakes, scrambled eggs with several toppings, sausage patties, potatoes, oatmeal with different toppings, several cereals, a bread bar with breads, muffins near the toaster, juices, coffee, fresh fruit, and yogurt. What I liked best was the trays to bring your meal back to your room. This worked well with a toddler. The property offered a basketball court, which was being used, and both an indoor and outdoor pool. The outdoor pool had been closed due to storms, but I took my grandson to the indoor pool. It was very hard to breath in there due to the warmth of the room, but the pool water was cool. Great for kids, but I took the last towel. I have stayed in Residence Inns before, but this particular one was above what I was used to. Good sized rooms, location good for many things. I would return to this property again. In the morning, staff was again very pleasant, and thanked me again for choosing this property. I was told they appreciated my business, even though I was using points, because points don't come cheap. Well done, Residence Inn!!

2 Thank Deborah I
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
An amazing review would be an understatement! We thank you for taking the time and effort to give prospective guest such detailed account of your stay with us. We are so glad to hear our social and breakfast met all your needs and more. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have stayed in many Residence Inns with family & this is one of the best. The hotel is in a very convenient but odd location. The new building in back is very nice with good pool, workout room and bed was great. This was a great stop on our way to Maine, Summer 2014! The staff was great had a good recommendation for Pizza. I think we may have to come back and check out Hershey park next time.

Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so happy to hear that your enjoyed our newly renovated premium suite. It will be my pleasure to pass along the great complements to our housekeeping and front desk staff. Hope to see you again soon and thank you for choosing our facility!
Long Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The family has been coming to this hotel for the last few years, it is a reasonable alternative the the local Hershey hotels and only 15 min away from the park. This year they have remodeled the lobby with expanded seating for breakfast (see photos). What I love is the youthful energetic staff that keeps the property in great condition. Emily W. was so friendly at check-in an gave me a sincere welcome back.

The breakfast they put out is exceptional, the staff that preps it is so friendly, even the pickiest eater will be able to find something.

The only thing that needs improvement is some landscaping. We had a brutally cold Winter 2014 and some of the shrubs did not make it through, they need to be replaced.

Looking forward to our next stay latter this summer!

Room Tip: We were in room 423 it was a King bed and sofa with kitchen
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Cruiser1260
Donna H, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you so much for your glowing review on our Residence Inn. We are so happy that your return visit was just as accommodating and wonderful as your last. Our staff does work hard to provide our guest with the best service and it will be my pleasure to inform them of the great compliments. Recently we finished renovations to our gatehouse, and we are so happy that you notice the extra seating. On that note I do want to apologize on our landscaping, which is the last phase of our renovations to be completed. Thank you again we hope to see you soon!