“Staff was excellent!”

Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Staff was excellent!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at this property May 2014. The location was a pleasant walk to the downtown center, the room was very nice, but most of all, the staff was professional and very warm. In particular, check in was handled beautifully by Barbi and at our two breakfasts, we received great attention from Beth and Kathy. Staff definitely makes a difference!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
butler, pa
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The beds were very comfortable. We stayed here having traveled to Harrisburg for a one-day bus trip to NYC, and it was Heaven falling into the nice soft bed and pillows after walking all over Manhattan for a day! I liked the number of outlets for charging devices (two cellphones, two iPods, for two travelers); usually I'm hard-pressed to find places to plug in the chargers. The location is good, right off the downtown exit of I-83 (Harrisburg's Capital Beltway), and convenient to 2nd St, one of the main downtown thoroughfares, and to Cameron St (just east of downtown, for the Farm Show Complex and other government offices). It's right along the river and the riverfront activity goes right past the hotel, and City Island is within walking distance, which is good since after hours, there's not much going on in downtown Harrisburg. The microwave and mini-fridge are a big bonus, especially if you're staying for several days, you don't have to worry about leftovers from restaurants and such. We were able to buy drinks for our bus ride the night before and keep them cool for the trip, and didn't have to stop on the way to the pick-up spot to buy cold drinks. We come from Pittsburgh to take this trip, since it's only 3 hours on the bus each way and not 8 (ugh!), and I'm sure we'll do the trip again, and when we do we'll stay here!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Buffalo NY
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel I still love this location because I enjoy being by the river. And where else can you stay downtown and not pay for parking? I complained about the wi-fi in my last review. They manager responded and said it was being upgraded. It did seem better this time but that could be because I had a room with an actual window, not one with a window into the hallway. I only used my computer for entertainment so it's not a big issue. The fridge and microwave came in handy. Free breakfast is always nice. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 May 2014

"Thank You!" to Misty at the front desk and Bev in the breakfast room. We were traveling in mid-April (2014) to visit family and arrived tired. Misty was especially efficient and attentive to us as well as to other travelers. Bev was courteous and helpful as we asked about getting around the city. Their service was very favorably impressive by comparison to the other four or five motels/hotels we stayed at during the trip. We welcome an opportunity to thank them and let other travelers know about the helpful staff we encountered at Comfort Inn Riverfront! --rhg9905@hotmail.com

Room Tip: Ground floor facing the river was very nice with all the trees in bloom!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank R G
pittsburgh
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times. Getting our room for 79 dollars after tax for advance purchase is a steal for the area. It is bout 60 to 70 dollars less per night than the other two hotels near downtown but also includes a free breakfast in the room is just as nice. the room especially the king room is not large by any means but it's very comfortable. The new bedding and pillows are very nice as well. The TV has plenty of good channels to watch. I did take advantage of their fitness center which is small but has a little variety for everybody. I definitely think that the renovations a few years ago look nice. I also think that it is time for a light refresh which will make the place look even nicer. This happens whenever you have a very busy property and the hotel itself is older to begin with. Our room 140 was convenient to be near a side entrance and was not as loud as I expected it to be. BeforeI go into any suggestions I will return either way. So the staff are very nice as everybody else mentioned and I was very happy to have been granted an early check in. the internet is still an issue here but as a previous review said they are looking at correcting that because none of our devices either in our room or the fitness center pick up much internet. And as I said before a little touch up to the rooms and hallways will make the place looks even nicer. The last suggestion would be our particular coffee maker was missing the cover to the water reservoir and that but dustin even some hair in the reservoir that I have to clean out haha. With all being said this is a great value with a great location and I would definitely recommend.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Staff was attentive, room was good, nice location, you can walk downtown (it's a small town) and the Indian restaurant next to the hotel (I believe it's part of it) is very good.

Wifi was a pain in the neck, though. The computer they had at the business center was obsolete as well, so I was not able to print there. Good thing the receptionist agreed to print a few pages for me from the computer at the front desk.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Kris M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Riverfront, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for your comments, we do have a very nice team here at the Comfort Inn Riverfront. As I write this our WiFi experts are adding more access point here at the hotel! We are always willing to do whatever we can to make sure that we have met our guests expectations. The Passage to India next to us is a very good restaurant. With very easy access from our hotel.
Please come stay with us again so you can see how much faster our WiFi is working! As well as enjoy springtime on the Susquehanna River.
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We needed just one night and we're lucky enough to find an ad in the Harrisburg Travel Guide for this hotel.
We checked in with Barbie who was pleasant and offered us a room with a river view on the first floor and a cheery "Help your self to some coffee while I print out your restaurant directions"
The room was clean and comfortable.
In the morning we met Bev at the breakfast bar who was warm and friendly and even laughed at our jokes!
Checkout was smooth and efficient with Sara and Ehab. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank rvig50
I feel just like a proud mother when I read about how well my team has taken care of our guests! It is so important to all of us that all of our guests have a "truly exceptional" stay! We have just recently upgraded all of our guest rooms with the "Truly yours" bedding package. New pillows, comforters, bed scarves and skirts! Wow what a nice difference this addition had made for the comfort of our guests! Along with our newly upgraded WiFi and a lovely view of the Susquehanna River make the Comfort Inn Riverfront a great Choice for guests. With the warmer months finally here you can easily walk to City Island the Whittaker Center among other neat attractions here in Harrisburg. Please come stay with us again!