Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel seemed to be in a safe area of Harrisburg. The lobby was picturesque and quiet. Most of the people there appeared to be senior citizens. Our room was clean and had plenty of room. The bed was very, very comfy. The pillows were so fluffy. The room was quiet. No sound from neighboring guests. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MsTravelLover
Write a ReviewReviews (1,595)

Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed here last minute using Priceline's "name your own price." For our first night away from our infant, the gentleman at the front desk surprised us with an awesome upgrade! We stayed in one of their suites, complete with a king-sized bed, two-person jacuzzi, and enough square footage for a party of 10. If anything, the room was too big!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank foxilocks
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I booked 2 rooms via Hotwire for this hotel and upon checking in they had yet to assign rooms to us. Since the hotel was booked that weekend we made do with what they gave us. We had 2 rooms across one another rather than adjoining which worked out fine. The staff (front desk/housekeeping/maintenance) were all very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and beds were comfy. Only complaint it that we couldn't quite get the showers to stay at a constant temperature. One minute It'd be semi cold water and the next too hot. Overall a nice stay though and only 15 mins to Hershey.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. Clean, well-appointed rooms. We found out to our dismay though that we ended up in a room near the pub attached to the hotel, and we couldn't sleep well because we could hear the chatter of the people going to and from the pub late at night. Needless to say, we asked for a room change the next day, which the front desk graciously entertained. They even moved our stuff for us while we were out, and we were very happy with our new room, which was much quieter. We also liked the gym and the pool.

• Stayed: April 2012
Christine D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent experiences with us at the Best Western Premier Central Hotel! We appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of our guest rooms, as well as the service provided by our front desk team during your room change.

We do apologize for the noise level which was experienced during the first night of your stay. I am confident that our team will find a solution to help reduce the noise levels for our guests who may be located adjacent to O’Reilly’s Pub. In the future, please do not hesitate to contact our manager on duty so we may resolve the issue immediately. Our manager on duty is available 24 hours a day, and may be reached by dialing -0- from your in room telephone.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences with us, as it is through our guests’ remarks, and observations that we will continue to improve our services! We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Christine Dunn

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I purchased the room from Hotwire. It was a better deal than purchasing directly from the hotel. This trip was planned two months in advance for a hockey game with Hershey Bears and Albany Devils. I completely forgot about the significant of the date of our stay at this hotel. The hotel is very easy to fInd off I83 exit 48 from Baltimore, MD. I notice that the hotel has a very large lobby, and upon entering a banquet, I believe was about to happen. The check in was uneventful. I notice though that a lot of children was running around in the lobby, and a few children was also hanging out by the computers. We were assigned a room in the third floor (poolside). I was impressed by the size if the room. The bathroom is very small. We left for the hockey game about 5pm. We came back to the hotel about 10:30pm. There were no parking space in the immediate area. We had to park almost a block from the hotel. I believe that the parking spaces were being used by the St. Patrick day parties, because the lobby is also connected to the only Irish Pub in the area. As we got into our floor, parties were also being celebrated. I saw people running around, sitting around just having a great old time like they were in their own living room partying. Lucky for us, they were far away from our room, as I close the door the noise was just faint. The next morning my husband got dressed because he was going to eat breakfast at 6:30am. He came back to the room a few minutes later because breakfast was not ready yet. Again, he went back at 7:00am, still they were not ready. By 7:30am breakfast was ready, and oh by the way, it's not free. It's $12.95 per person (bacon, sausage, eggs and oatmeal) or $8.95 for continental breakfast. You can also have breakfast made to order, but no waitstaff to take your order because only one person showed up for work at the restaurant, other than the cook.
If I have to over again, I will not stay here again on St. Patrick day. The bed was comfy, the rooms were clean. I think my experience was because if St. Patrick day.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I reserved 2 adjoining rooms and when I got my keys I went into one room that was already being occupied so I went into my other room called the front desk and told them about the problem and they said they would reassign me rooms and bring the keys to me. Well after waiting 15 minutes no one came so I went to the front desk myself dragging all my luggage with me and received different keys to the new rooms. Once at the new rooms the keys for only one room worked and I had to go back to the front desk to receive new keys for my second room. The people at the front desk didn't offer me a discount or any help with my luggage after all of the inconvience I incurred.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Just half an hour from our favorite Best Western Premier hotel Eden Resort Inn is the Central Hotel another Best Western Premier hotel. We stayed in one of the King rooms over looking the lobby. It was like waking up in the middle of a football field. There was so much room. It was great. We unfortunately came here the weekend they changed from FREE breakfast buffet to a paying one. What was great about that was our server Gail. She reminded us that with our AAA membership we received a free buffet. Gail and Belma at the front deck made our stay very pleasent. Because of them and the hotels central location to numerous fun attractions we will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool can be loud. The pool stays open until 10 pm.