We stayed 2 nights this past weekend as part of a group for a baseball tournament. As I observed the hotel lobby, hallways, elevators, and ultimately my suite, I wondered how Best Western defined "Premier". According to the Best Western website, only if one of their hotels achieves a minimum AAA 3-diamond rating can BW tack on the "Premier" label.
The AAA website states "<3-diamond rated hotels> appeal to the traveler with comprehensive needs. Properties are multifaceted with a distinguished style, including marked upgrades in the quality of physical attributes, amenities, and level of comfort provided."
Now armed with the ratings scale and requirements, I can say that the Best Western Premier - The Central Hotel & Conference Center might actually meet the 3-diamond/Premier rating, but not by much.
Upgrades in quality of physical attributes? The hotel was worn, the windows in our suite provided no barrier from the indoor pool noise or chlorine smell, and the "upgraded" bathroom did not include quality workmanship or finishings. The thermostat was in our bedroom, but the other area of the family suite was much colder than our bedroom. I can't even imagine how expensive it is to furnish a hotel as large as this one, but the furniture/headboard, etc... all appeared to be a wood veneer that had seen better days.
I won't say don't stay at this location, just don't expect a huge improvement over a traditional Best Western, except in terms of price and a few additional computers, candy bar, conference rooms, and expensive on-site restaurant. All external to your hotel room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel you are sure to experience ultra clean, comfortable guest room accommodations certain to exceed your expectations. We are confident we will provide a memorable overnight experience through friendly, personalized service paired with a distinct style, and plush guest room amenities sure to please. O’Reilly’s Tap Room & Kitchen, our on-site full service restaurant, offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily, and features fresh local favorites, as well as classic Irish specialties. All of our guest room accommodations include: 42-inch flat-screen television complete with HD service, Complimentary wireless high-speed internet access, Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, and Microwave, IHome clock radio and docking station, Iron/Ironing Board, In room Safe, Complimentary Bottled Water, and full use of all hotel amenities including Heated Indoor Pool, Fitness Center, Guest Laundry, Dry Cleaning Service, Extensive Business Center, and Sundries Shop.Our location is convenient to both I-81, and I-83, just east of Harrisburg, and west of Hershey. Our proximity to the Harrisburg International Airport, and Harrisburg’s Train and Bus Station, paired with complimentary shuttle service to each, make The Central Hotel a perfect venue for overnight guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier The Central Hotel Harrisburg
- Best Western Premier The Central Hotel And Conference Center
- Four Points By Sheraton Harrisburg
- Sheraton Hotel Harrisburg Pa
- Sheraton Harrisburg
- Harrisburg Four Points
- Harrisburg Sheraton
- Four Points Harrisburg