“Convenient & Great Value”

Motel 6 Barkeyville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Harrisville
Mississauga, Canada
“Convenient & Great Value”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We drove down to Grove City area to do some shopping at the outlets. The hotels/motels around the outlets either had poor reviews here or cost more than what I was willing to pay. Checked around and found the reviews for this Motel 6 weren’t bad – although I have to admit that I did have some concerns. While I have stayed at several Motel 6’s in the past – they were either new or newly renovated at the time. This was the first time that I would be staying at a “regular” Motel 6. Happy to say that my concerns were unfounded.

The motel itself is less than 20 minutes away from the Outlets. From the Outlets – it’s a left onto I-79 North. After about 3 ½ miles then it’s onto I-80 East for another 10 miles before taking the Barkeyville exit. A left onto PA-8 and about ¼ mile later another left and you’re there. It can’t get any simpler than that. When we got there the young lady at registration was extremely pleasant. I asked if it was possible to have a room on the ground floor with no-one above us. She was kind enough to check and gave us Room 117. She also gave us the “lay of the land” by telling us what eateries were nearby.

The room itself can best be described as “dated” but it was clean. It was just the right size and even had a small arm chair (which I later passed out on as I was watching tv). The beds were comfortable – not too hard not too soft. The lighting in the room wasn't as good as other Motel 6's we have stayed in. The TV itself was one of the older CRT units – but reception was good and we had the channel we wanted (AMC for the season premiere of the Walking Dead). There was a mini-fridge and a microwave. The bathroom was average size but clean. There was a small bar of soap at the sink but no shampoo. Water pressure was good in the morning when we were getting ready.

This Motel 6 is a simple “no frills” place to lay your head down at the end of a long day of shopping and cost about $ 40 less than some of the places by the Outlets. Don’t forget to bring bath soap, shampoo and a hair dryer. The staff (night and day) are courteous and go out of their way to make you feel welcome and answer any questions you may have.

There are also several eateries nearby – Arby’s is about a 1 minute walk from the front door. There’s a Burger King and a King’s Family Restaurant across the street. There’s a Subway further down PA-8. But the real discovery for us was the TA Travel Center down the road (see separate review and pics) where you can get 20 % of your meal if you present a coupon that you can get at the front desk of the motel.

We’re not sure when we’ll be heading back to Grove City again but I’m pretty sure that when we do – Motel 6 Barkeyville will most definitely be high on our list of places to stay.

Room Tip: Room 117 was a decent size, Room 118 was a little smaller,
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TO_Triskelion

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Just recently stayed here with my girlfriend for 2 days and 2 nights,extremely friendly staff,extremely clean,morning coffee no charge,20 minute drive from Grove City Outlet Mall,Arby's,Burger King and King's Family restaurant close by.Absolutely no complaints,would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Book early,great value.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Moreland Hills, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I booked this for me to stay while my 18 yr old visited colleges. It was conveniently located and got a better review than the hotel across the street. It was a terrific cost effective option! SImple room. A bit outdated but clean. Don't forget your own shampoo and lotion. My teen age daughter would not have been happy based on expectations to stay in a fancy room. For one night and the convenience, it was just as advertised. The towels were a bit scratchy and the white sheets were not bleached white, but it was perfect for an overnight. I did not love that there were smoking rooms within close proximity to my room. I really could not smell it in my room. Bring your own toiletries. This is not meant to be the RItz but perfect for a night on the road.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

m64470bo, General Manager at Motel 6 Barkeyville, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you so much for the pleasant review. We look forward to hearing our guests experiences and feedback.
Pickering, Canada
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Very clean, comfortable and quiet. Staff is extremely pleasant and helpful. Nice quiet location with a few restaurants nearby. Best M6 I ever stayed in. Even though pet friendly everywhere was clean and not smelly. Ask for a 2nd floor room. In a 1st floor room you hear the footsteps of the guest above. Only footsteps no other noise like the shower or TV etc.Even outside the 1st floor room you don't hear any noise unless they are really loud.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd floor. In the 1st floor you hear the footsteps in the room above. Floor is not sound...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

m64470bo, General Manager at Motel 6 Barkeyville, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Rio G,
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review. Our team greatly appreciates the kind words, and it helps motivate us to do even better the next time. We hope you come back soon!! And again, thank you.
Racheal
Toronto
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I booked this Hotel online..with booking.com expecting a better price and a decent hotel. It cost us more with booking rather then walking off the street.
The room we booked was a King Non Smoking Rm..it smelled of smoke and was really musty. The towel were hard as a rock and the soap was really bad..

Worst of all the BED, WOW really bad..lumpy

Room Tip: Room on the North side face the parking lot
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
m64470bo, General Manager at Motel 6 Barkeyville, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear CubaToronto,
Thank you for taking time and writing a review for our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests especially on areas we can improve. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, we are in the process of replacing all of rooms with new beds very soon. We do hope you will reconsider on stay with us again here in Barkeyville.

Racheal Day

Travellers are raving about these Harrisville hotels

Wantagh, New York
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We were on our way back from driving across country, and this was our last night on the road before reaching NY. My husband and I found it to be on a higher end of Motel 6's. The staff was very helpful and kind, and the lobby was inviting, not like some I've seen in other cities. It might be one of the nices Motel 6's we've stayed at, and we've stayed at many across the country. The rooms was clean and large. The parking was close and brightly lit, and there were plenty of spots. It was nearby to restaurants to get some quick food in the morning before heading out. Just what we needed. We would totally stay here again if we find ourselves in Barkeyville again. They seem to go over and above for the guests.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
TORONTO
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is a clean and comfortable motel in a quiet location. It's about 10 minutes drive from Grove City outlets. The price was very reasonable. The only complaints were that the bed pillows very too firm and the towels were very small and very rough. I would recommend that you bring your own pillow from home if possible. If you are very picky, you should probably bring your own towels, however,I was OK with them. They do not provide shampoo or lotion, only soap but I always carry my own toiletries so it didn't make any difference to me. Kings restaurant directly across from the motel is a good spot for breakfast and they give Motel 6 guests a 10% discount. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: They have smoking and non smoking rooms. If you are a non smoker and they only have smoking rooms a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
m64470bo, General Manager at Motel 6 Barkeyville, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Thank you so much for your kind and generous comments. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisville
Quality Inn
#2 of 4 in Grove City
Royal Motel - Hermitage
Royal Motel - Hermitage
#1 of 4 in Hermitage

Been to Motel 6 Barkeyville? Share your experiences!