“Great little place”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Food is always good. Service too. Tables are very close together. Joe is always pleasant. It is finally getting the make-over which is way overdue. They ate getting rid of those dirty white swinging doors!

1  Thank justme33k

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Pastas are terrific. Servers VERY FRIENDLY. Joe always makes you feel like family. It's a little noisy, but hey, whose family isn't? But go for the food, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank irishwit2
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I can not say enough wonderful things about Giampino's. My family has dinner here about once a week if we can but at least every other week. This is our go-to spot. It is a family owned business whose owners truly care about their customers and treat them like family. The food is wonderful. I grew up in an Italian-American family and the "red gravy" tastes like my grandmother used to make. The food is tasty and plentiful and the service is outstanding. All of the servers are wonderful but I would be remiss if I didn't mention Shannon in particular who brings our favorite appetizers and drinks before we even have to ask for them. I usually have the chicken parm with a side of gnocci in red sauce while my husband usually opts for the anti-pasta to start and the parmesan crusted salmon. Since the restaurant is a byob, you can have a wonderful meal for a family of four including an appetizer, deserts and cappucino for about $65. They also feature a lunch buffet and a dinner buffet on Mondays but we typically order off the menu versus the buffet. My husband has had the buffet and loves the mussels.
The only thing to be prepared for at the restaurant is that it is small and the tables are somewhat close together. It can get very loud, especially if there is a large party having dinner. We think it is best to go on a weeknight when it is less crowded.

1  Thank Elaine M
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Had dinner at the request of a relative - still have't forgiven him. The front entry doors were filthy, enough to make me walk out but my dinner companion wanted Italian. A dirty sign at the front desk warned that patrons are advised to have patience as everything is homemade, another omen. We were seated at a table that looked into a dirty, disorganized kitchen. The overpriced appetizer of mixed seafood consisted of rubbery calamari bits and two each of overcooked shrimp and scallops in a drenching pool of lemon juice. I had the fried calamari salad which was cold and greasy. Relative had the veal oscar special that consisted of 3 small veal medallions pounded into a mealy submission, covered with thick slabs of flavorless cheese. In between were a few slivers of rabe tinged in brown rot (supposed to be asparagus) and a few slivers of crabmeat, all in a thinned pool of lemon juice. Entrees took an hour despite only 5 occupied tables when we were seated. After interminable dinner service, check took anoother 20 minutes. Blonde owner? sitting at back of room seemed irritated when she had to get up to seat customers cause waiters were in the weeds. Would have been nice if she or others at her table helped out (like cashing out checks). A true disgrace. Havertown and eastern Delco we deserve better.

1  Thank Ann F
Reviewed 27 April 2012

The food was really good here. I'm fussy about my Italian food. I had chicken oscar. Sauce was very tasty. I really enjoyed it. My husband had the chicken special (marsala reduction, portabella mushrooms and mozzarella). Cooked just right - he loved it. My caesar salad was nothing special - it might have been bottled dressing, at least that's what it tasted like. My husband had the garden salad which was good - not great (his words). Bread was delicious.

The one thing I didn't like was that it was very, very noisy. Annoying.

I would go back.