My husband booked a room for three people at this hotel. He specified a non-smoking room, and was told that the room would have two queen beds. The location was great, along the main drag.
We prepaid for the room at the front desk upon checking in, as required by their terms. Our mistake was not looking at the room before we paid.
We were shown to what looked to be the older part of the motel - a long building separate (but adjacent) to the main building. The room reeked of cigarette smoke. The carpet was stained. There were holes in the window screens. We didn't expect much for a motel, but this was unacceptable. We asked for a different room, but there were no other vacancies. This was apparently a nonsmoking room.
It was horrible, and so unacceptable that we were prepared to forfeit our payment and stay somewhere else, but there were no vacancies nearby. We purchased odor neutralizer (Oust) from a nearby grocery to try to mask the stench, but it didn't work. When we left, our clothes reeked of cigarette smoke.