“Great place to stay”

Tanglwood Resort
Macungie, Pennsylvania
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed at Tanglwood for the first time using a timeshare. We stayed at the main location in the condos up the hill from the registration office. We rented a 2 bedroom condo which was very clean and newly renovated. First floor with a kitchen open to a living room/dinning room combo. Also a bedroom and a bathroom. Up the spiral stair case was a second floor master bedroom and another large bathroom with double sinks and a Jacuzzi tub/shower. Everything was in good working condition. We really have no complaints at all. From check in to check out everything was great.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Brandon Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
new york
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

I spent the week at Tanglwood Resorts, from Dec. 17-21,2013 the condos by the lake are the better ones from what I read online also the one I was in was very nice by the lake. We did several activities shooting range, skiing and the pool but that was at least 13 miles away so we only went there once. Plenty of places to eat, decent prices. The towns ppl are very friendly. we went to big bear ski resort(I'm very sore I might add), my car broke down and wouldn't start. The Comm. police at the resort jump started our car 3 times to no avail, they called us a tow truck & also waited with us until it came. The best part was that I called the resort and spoke to someone they arraigned transport from turkey hill gas station where the mech. shop owner dropped me and my lady off. They took us back to our condo, the problem is that the car wouldn't be ready by checkout. They put us in a courtesy room until my car would be ready. Also took me back to turkey hill the next day so the shop owner could take me to my car.The resort took very good care of us. I would like to say Thank You very much to the staff at Tanglwood resorts.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank nyctitere
Burlington, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed at the section of the resort on the golf course. The wildlife was amazing. Every day we were there we encountered deer, ducks, geese, and wild turkeys. The resort was a central location for the concerts that we has scheduled to attent during the week. My family would love to go back to Tanglwood any time of year but particularly in the fall when the leaves are changing.

Room Tip: Stay on the golf course if possible
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank OldSpice012148
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 November 2013

After my horror in the Pocono Mountains last year, my wife and I decided to give this area another try this year! We chose Tanglwood Resorts because we knew they had nice hotels/cabins beside a lake which we always love! Tanglwood offered exactly what we wanted in a getaway, a nice hotel, a quiet area, very scenic and picturesque! The room itself was nicely designed with the main bedroom on the top floor, a BIG bathroom with double sinks and a hottub. The downstairs had a nice flat screen HD TV on the wall, sitting area an extra bedroom and a nice second bathroom. The kitchen area was a little tight but everything was so clean!! That alone sold us! The lake was a few steps away and our unit had a nice balcony that oversaw a good portion of the lake from the upstairs bedroom. Hawley, PA is a nice quaint area and we took a tour of the downtown area which was quick. Its about three blocks long but it has some shops there that remind one of little shops from the 60's. (Dating myself here.) Off of Route 6 which passes through Hawley there are newer stores though like Walmart, Dollar Stores, KMart and other mall-type of stores. Like I said, it was a nice and relaxing week of leisure. We will definitely visit this location again! If quiet is what you need, come to the Tanglwood Resort and enjoy the area and relax by the lake in a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Any room that you get at the Tanglwood Resort will be a good room. They all have their bathrooms ove...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Andrew J
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Units are nicely renovated and comfortable. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Very clean. Resort Amenities are lacking compared to other resorts we have visited, but it is a good place to get away and relax. Pleasant walking path along the lake is right across the street. If you are a diner lover, it is worth the 14 mile drive to Shelly's Diner on route 590.

Room Tip: Room 109 has a lovely view of the lake
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Palobears
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Week of Oct 25,we'll kept,well stocked,ultra clean,home away from home,scoped out area will stay HERE every time we visit the poconos .Inside pool,sauna, etc a few miles off site but we'll worth the trip.friendly helpful staff

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Samuel M
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I had read all of the wonderful reviews of the Tanglewood resort and my mom had stayed here two weeks before and said how beautiful the room was. We check in and after driving about 8 miles away from the main area and to the golf course units, we unload from the tight spot in front of the unit and get in. We were floored and VERY DISAPPOINTED to find the room very dated and run down. The carpet was filthy and could not have been vacuumed before we arrived, there was white fuzz all over the place. Only queen beds, a small, slightly dirty shower and only one remote worked between three tv's.
I guess we were not lucky enough to get a newly renovated unit with a king size bed, flat screen tv's, everything updated and nice. We are pretty low maintenance when it comes to these units but just very disappointed the we didn't get what EVERYONE else had reviewed about. Being at the Golf Course didn't help matters after driving half the day to get there and another 8 miles to the room, it was really an inconvenience to be out so far away from everything.
We had clean linens and a hot shower, luckily we didn't spend much time in the room, not that we wanted to once we first entered the unit. We felt there was no sense in complaining to management, they can't fix dated and run down in an instant...

Room Tip: Avoid room 308 on the golf course, I believe it may be the only room NOT updated within the units..
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nikniron
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Greshams Lake View Motel
#3 of 7 in Hawley
Lake Wanoka Resort
Lake Wanoka Resort
#1 of 4 in Honesdale

Been to Tanglwood Resort? Share your experiences!