“Are You Kidding!”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Syracuse, New York
“Are You Kidding!”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

This was the worst hotel accommodation we have had in the last ten years at least. I was shocked to discover that the place was only 20 years old. The room was a mess. It's hard to know where to begin. The beds were rock hard, just a mattress on a plywood board. The room was small and the only way to watch television was on the uncomfortable beds. The first morning I woke up with such a bad backache I could hardly move. The furnishings were dated and jury rigged. The lamps were dim and in one case didn't even have the on/off switch. The sink was full of cracks and probably quite unsanitary. We were there for three nights and when we returned to the room after doing some sightseeing the first day, we discovered it hadn't really been cleaned. I had spilled coffee on the sink the night before and the stain was still there when we returned. The shower curtain was so dirty that my wife asked for it to be washed and for the room to be cleaned properly. It was replaced that same day and the room was cleaned properly in response to my wife's request. The grounds were nice in the front, but the dumpster off the parking lot in the back was overflowing and there was a lot of trash on the ground around it. There were signs everywhere warning of charges for towels, using too much ice, etc. In short, it was a nightmare. We were convinced that the management had written their own positive reviews. It was that bad.

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel if you want a good room and experience.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dick S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Madison NJ
Reviewed 4 September 2011

This was about the worst place I ever stayed in. Old and Musty room. Beds were a mattress on a platform.. The mattress moved around so my son almost fell off the bed a few times. Towels, the nerve to say I they would charge $10 if you take em who in their right mind would? I can buy great towels at Walmar. I use better towels to clean my floors at home. The rug is icky. The shower is a mist. Don't expect shampoo! Mini bar of soap. We were a family of 4 but only 3 towels Hmmm. I'm confused? We booked two nites but left after nite one. If you have a boat the dock in across the street but no ramp. Pass this buy and stay at one of the other places looked much nicer Erhardts or Tanglewood.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Terry R

Travellers are raving about these Hawley hotels

Lords Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I travel a good bit in all months of the year. I have stayed in bed and breakfasts on a ski trip in Maine to flea bag places in Maryland because nothing else was available. When in the Wallenpaupack Area which has been very often lately , I always stay at Greshams and enjoy the visit. The place has been very recently renovated and I must say they did a great job. I have been in the home remodeling business now for over 30 years. The rooms are clean , very comfortable and the front balcony is a great place to sit outside in the early morning or in the evening. The lake views are great and you just can't find a better vantage point for the forth of July fireworks. The people and the rooms are both great at Greshams as well as Greshams Chop House Restaurant next door. I like Greshams and will continue to go back as well as to recommend this place .

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Went here for a weekend away with my fiance. I wouldn't stay there again. The rooms were clean but pretty musty. The AC's were not powerful enough. The AC's were actually pretty old, I'd say at least 15 years old. The beds were hard as a rock, and were extremely uncomfortable. I'm a pretty flexible person and will stay at a place as long as its clean, but this place was pretty uncomfortable.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I only stayed for a night. The room was clean and the owner couldn't have been more helpful. Staff made you feel right at home and the restaurant next door was great! I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great room for the right price.

• Stayed January 2011
Reviewed 11 January 2011

My colleague and I are use to staying at the Hilton when we travel for work. The problem was are meeting was in the Pocono mountains. We had limited choices to stay. We were nervous about what our accommodations might be. I must tell you not only was Gresham's accommodating it was a matchlesss experience ...the food was delicious next door at Gresham's Chop House, the rooms are clean and the service is impecable. I will be back.

• Stayed January 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I booked three nights at the Gresham Lake View Motel. From the outside it looks very nice and modern but looks can be deceiving. The room was dark with a dark red carpet and dark blue walls. There was minimal lighting so when we arrived late at night it seemed grungy but in daylight we were able to see that it was clean. Unfortunately that was one of the few good things. The faucet at the sink sprayed all over when used so you and anything on the sink would get wet every time you turned it on. There was no luggage rack and no place to put your items, they need to add some flat surfaces. No hair dryer, no internet and no extra electrical outlets to plug in phones, etc. The room was old and in major need of updating. It did have a nice TV with plenty of stations if one cares about that. Bottom line is I will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Comfort Inn Pocono Lakes Region
Lake Mocatek Inn
Lake Mocatek Inn
#2 of 2 in Lakeville
Woodloch Pines Resort

Been to Greshams Lake View Motel? Share your experiences!