“Great view, clean rooms w/restaurant right next door”

Greshams Lake View Motel
Greshams Lake View Motel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Staten Island, New York
“Great view, clean rooms w/restaurant right next door”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

My friends and I every summer do a girls' weekend and decided to book Greshams on other friends' recommendation. The rooms are very clean and words cannot describe the beautiful view. What was most convenient was the Chop House restaurant right next door which we liked so much we decided to eat their both Friday and Saturday. Saturday there was entertainment which was a band and we had a great time. Lake Wallenpaupak is a beautiful area to visit and I would highly recommend Greshams Lake View. They are very affordable and the rooms are very inviting. We enjoyed it so much we are doing another girls' weekend there this summer. Can't wait!!!

Room Tip: Majority of rooms overlook lake. Cannot beat locaction!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Milford
Reviewed 13 January 2013

My wife and I spent the weekend at Gresham's. It is a very nice hotel, clean, and very reasonable. Tom and his family welcome you and make you feel like part of their family. We don't live far away but we had cabin fever and needed a weekend out. The Chop House was Great... good drinks, good food, reasoanble prices...We will be back again in a few weeks.
Flip & Karen L

Room Tip: Our room was perfect for a couple
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 November 2012

This hotel saved my family from having to deal with the power outage due to Hurricane Sandy. The staff was friendly and very efficient. The room was clean and comfortable. I can't understand why some people couldn't see the lake and complained that the room was dirty. My family was extremely satisfied with everything concerning this hotel. As a former business traveler, I have stayed in both good and bad hotels throughout the world, and, for the price, I would rate this hotel as outstanding. If you really want to know what a shoddy hotel is, try some of the neighboring ones. This place is one of the best in the area - plus their restaurant is great.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
new england
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I am confused around the wonderful lake views. There is a glimpse of the lake if you jump up and down and ignore the electric cables. The rooms are overpriced and dirty. The restaurant next door is challenging although the waitstaff were pleasant. Never,ever again.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a good room.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Hawley hotels

Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We initially booked two rooms next door. The Sandy Beach was like the Bates Motel. We quickly ran next door and found friendly and clean accommodations. For the price, we received the basic necessities. We walked next door for dinner which was awesome and fun. I highly recommend! Remember that you are in the mountains, not at the Four Seasons in the stuffy city!!!! Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 14 September 2011

This was the worst hotel accommodation we have had in the last ten years at least. I was shocked to discover that the place was only 20 years old. The room was a mess. It's hard to know where to begin. The beds were rock hard, just a mattress on a plywood board. The room was small and the only way to watch television was on the uncomfortable beds. The first morning I woke up with such a bad backache I could hardly move. The furnishings were dated and jury rigged. The lamps were dim and in one case didn't even have the on/off switch. The sink was full of cracks and probably quite unsanitary. We were there for three nights and when we returned to the room after doing some sightseeing the first day, we discovered it hadn't really been cleaned. I had spilled coffee on the sink the night before and the stain was still there when we returned. The shower curtain was so dirty that my wife asked for it to be washed and for the room to be cleaned properly. It was replaced that same day and the room was cleaned properly in response to my wife's request. The grounds were nice in the front, but the dumpster off the parking lot in the back was overflowing and there was a lot of trash on the ground around it. There were signs everywhere warning of charges for towels, using too much ice, etc. In short, it was a nightmare. We were convinced that the management had written their own positive reviews. It was that bad.

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel if you want a good room and experience.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dick S
Madison NJ
Reviewed 4 September 2011

This was about the worst place I ever stayed in. Old and Musty room. Beds were a mattress on a platform.. The mattress moved around so my son almost fell off the bed a few times. Towels, the nerve to say I they would charge $10 if you take em who in their right mind would? I can buy great towels at Walmar. I use better towels to clean my floors at home. The rug is icky. The shower is a mist. Don't expect shampoo! Mini bar of soap. We were a family of 4 but only 3 towels Hmmm. I'm confused? We booked two nites but left after nite one. If you have a boat the dock in across the street but no ramp. Pass this buy and stay at one of the other places looked much nicer Erhardts or Tanglewood.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Terry R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Comfort Inn Pocono Lakes Region
Ledges Hotel
#3 of 7 in Hawley
The Lodge at Woodloch
Woodloch Pines Resort

Been to Greshams Lake View Motel? Share your experiences!