“Great Motel, Great Price ~ Very CLEAN!”

Greshams Lake View Motel
Greshams Lake View Motel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We ended up at Greshams after a bad house rental experience. We were surprised that we were able to get a room on a holiday weekend. The staff was helpful and courteous. The rooms are VERY clean and very affordable. The beds were very comfortable. There is a nice place to sit outside your room facing the lake. They also provide a small fridge and there is either a gas bbq or charcoal bbq and picnic tables out the back for guests to use as well. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Greshams Lake View Motel

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We spent an amazing 4th of July week at the lake. The hotel is very clean, no mold or mildew, it just needs a little updating. It is a great location the view was great, fireworks right from my balcony, no hassles with traffic or the crowd of people. Your not going to find the ritz here but people were friendly and room was clean. More important than modern. We are annual visitors to the lake and Greshams is a standard.

Room Tip: Call early for prime weekends
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2013

With the location of this hotel you kind of get your hopes up that you'll have wonderful experience. This is not the case AT ALL!! Where do I begin? When you walk in everything seems nice but upon further review it is clear you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. The beds are an OLD mattress that isn't even on a box spring or bed frame, the mattress is set on top of a piece of plywood, very hard and extremely uncomfortable! The "table" that the refrigerator is sitting on is a piece of cheap summer furniture that they attempt to dress up by throwing a piece of cloth over. The bathroom floor tiles were loose and came apart when you walked on them and the shower head was nothing more then the pipe coming out of the wall! For $85 a night in a small town like this I expect more from a family owned business!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I traveled to Hawley for a wonderful wedding weekend and stayed at Gresham's. The view was incredible, but unfortunately, the Motel left something to be desired. The room was clean, but very outdated. The bed was uncomfortable, hard, and not even sitting on a boxspring. The shower head was more or less a pipe coming out of the wall and when I stepped on the tiles making up the bathroom floor, multiple tiles came up on my foot! The bath towels were very thin and small. The room, and motel in general, could use a makeover and I'm sure would attract even more clientele during the tourist season!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erin M
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Stayed two nights at Greshams, 2nd floor room. The view of the lake was nice. The rest of the stay left much to be desired. Mid-tier chained price, I didn't expect luxury but there were many sub-par issues that left us disappointed in our stay.

Our bed was extremely hard. On the second night, my husband lifted all the bedding up and discoved why. There was no boxspring - only a particle board platform with a mattress on top. As I said, we didn't expect luxury but we did expect at least a full bed.

Towels were very small and extremely rough. We laughed at the sign that said they would charge if towels were missing. I doubt anyone would bother.

There were no lights up the stairs and outside when we came home in the evening. If I was not with my husband, I would have been nervous for my safety.

Good hot water & the heater worked. That's the best of the stay. In the future, we will definitely choose to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We decided to drive around in the Poconos on a low budget and take a room at the nearest 60-70 dollar motel we could find. We've left home with this plan before and have some interesting war stories because of it, as it allows us to explore farther, making the sacrifice worth it.
When darkness and an unexpected snow storm started falling we decided to stop. We checked the GPS and called the nearest place which was Greshams; an elderly man picks up the phone and says :"no problem, names Tom, come on over when you can, here's my cell#; I will be at my son's restaurant across the motel office".
Turns out we were talking to Pops, as everyone knows him, the owner of the motel. When we got there the restaurant seemed friendly and inviting, so we decided to stay for dinner. Delicious. Staff was great, our hostess Julie was wonderful and even stopped by after dinner for chit chat and to give us the local's inside scoop on where to go and what to do. It could not have been better. Halfway through dinner Pops comes and introduces himself, gives us our keys and chats with us like we were one of his clan. We were a little shocked at how comfortable and easygoing everyone was, we filled out a form, but he didn't check for ID or asked for a CC. Needless to say we expected a bed and sticky floors but were so incredibly pleased with a very very clean room, incredibly soft sheets, and the largest surprise was when the sun came up: One hell of a view!

Room Tip: Go for the 2nd floor, enjoy the view!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2013

My friends and I every summer do a girls' weekend and decided to book Greshams on other friends' recommendation. The rooms are very clean and words cannot describe the beautiful view. What was most convenient was the Chop House restaurant right next door which we liked so much we decided to eat their both Friday and Saturday. Saturday there was entertainment which was a band and we had a great time. Lake Wallenpaupak is a beautiful area to visit and I would highly recommend Greshams Lake View. They are very affordable and the rooms are very inviting. We enjoyed it so much we are doing another girls' weekend there this summer. Can't wait!!!

Room Tip: Majority of rooms overlook lake. Cannot beat locaction!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Comfort Inn Pocono Lakes Region
Lake Mocatek Inn
Lake Mocatek Inn
#2 of 2 in Lakeville
Schrute Farms

Been to Greshams Lake View Motel? Share your experiences!