“Cora's a gem that keeps shining bright!”
Review of Cora's 1850 Bistro

Cora's 1850 Bistro
Ranked #14 of 49 Restaurants in Hawley
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is a great spot for drinks, dinner, lunch or Sunday brunch specials. I loved the oyster platter, my Mom had the hamburger and fries, and my Dad had an eggplant dish so plentiful and good he took half of it home for a snack later. The place is relaxed and the waitstaff remembers you from before. It is a great local gem, located next to a park that is leisurely river walk for after lunch. Hawley's lucky to have this place.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

This is our "go to" place. Besides being local, the atmosphere is good because you have a choice of bar area tables, or dining area. The food is always very good. The Chicken ala Cora is very good especially. The most you can say is the wait for the food is sometmies in excess of 30 minutes. However, in the 2 1/2 years we have been going there, we have found the wait staff to be very friendly, and the food always worth the wait. I've eaten at many places withing a 25 mile radius. I would always recommend Cora's.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

There is nothing more disappointing that to be excited at the idea of having a good meal in Hawley/Honesdale and then be be completely let down. That was what happened when I went to Cora's not too long ago.

First the wait staff. Three of us were seated in the dining room shortly after we arrived, and yes, we did have a reservation. One waitress was on the ball, attending to customers getting their drink orders, and even mentioning specials. Ours was more absent and never mentioned the specials of the evening at any table. This definitely impacts anyone's visit to a restaurant!! The entire evening with this waitress was more of the same...very long and dragged out due to her inefficiencies of performing her job. Everyone after us was receiving their food much sooner than us which really annoyed us. Perhaps a little training and a match are what this waitress needs to get up to speed!?! Right now, she received a failing mark from me.

The other part was our food. Nothing came out hot when served which was really disappointing. I think the plate of fries that accompanied one of the entrees was the warmest thing that arrived to our table. BTW...why was there an entire side of french fries? It really was quite ridiculous compared to what a service of rice or mashed potatoes looked like. Anyhow, the Prime Rib was so darn thick it was obnoxiously large to manage. Besides lacking flavor, it was really unappealing to tackle. My entree was barely warm which was a few small pieces of flour breaded veal, with some lackluster sauce on top. YUCK is all I can say after tasting that flour coated meat.

So I would really like to know what is Cora's known for? Is there anything on that menu that is "AMAZING" and worth a second trip for? Is there any place in the area that is "amazing?" Do I just have higher food standards that all those in that area? I really can't imagine going there again, it was beyond disappointing after a simple meal was OVER 2 hours...no dessert either!!

2  Thank Southernfield
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Four of us went to Cora's for a couple of beers while visiting in Hawley.One of the locals recommended it.
Cora's is definitely a local "joint," but is lots of fun within that classification.
the home potato chips-- i think called "frips?" were fantastic!

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Picture a blue building with a couple of beer signs in neon lights and windows with gold awnings. Inside you have Cora's Bistro. If you are in Hawley, PA, this is a "must eat at place"!!! The service is relaxed and friendly. The environment warm and comfortable. The menu an absolutely tasty surprise.

The food is delicious!! My wife an I had Turkey Reuben's and Frips. The Frips are fantastic. If you haven't had a Frip, it is worth the trip. We washed it all down with a Doghead Fish 60 minute IPA.

Happy eating at it's best!