Woodloch Pines Resort
Cove Haven Resort(Lakeville)
US$394
US$350
  • Pool
Lake Mocatek Inn(Lakeville)(Great Value!)
US$108
Wayne Inn(Honesdale)
US$81
US$79
Hotel Wayne(Honesdale)
US$108
US$105
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,485 results
All reviewsbumper carsmeal planall agesgo kartszip linesnow tubingfamily vacationpetting zoomountain laurelindoor playgroundwhole familypaddle boatscupcake warssomething for everyonebatting cagesthe main lodgescavenger hunt
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I have been enjoying Woodloch Pines's for 43 years! My first visit was as a five year old! There has been no greater joy then returning to Woodloch with my own children. My family feels right at home. We are greeted by the very compentent staff each time we enter the dining room. The accomodations are comfortable and impecably clean!The food is delicious and plentiful! The activities at Woodloch remind me of being on a cruise ship. One could say "Woodloch is a cruise on land". After our recent visit, my husband asked our children if they thought they would be bringing their children to Woodloch some day - the answer was, "yes-definately, we like it better than Disney World!". What more can I say?

Room Tip: All of the rooms are very comfortable. Woodloch has recently upgraded the bedding which makes for an extremely restful sleep. Even the lower priced rooms, although dated with the notty pine walls, are a comfortable bargain.
1  Thank Dina B
Woodloch, Manager at Woodloch Pines Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2013

Dina B-

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We’re happy to hear that you’ve been enjoying your stays over the past 43 years - WOW, thank you! - a great deal of our success is through loyal customers like yourself! Our doors are always open and we’ll always be there to grow along with your family!

Reviewed 29 December 2012

We have been going to Woodloch for 12 years. We have stayed in a hotel room - a 4 bedroom house - and everything in between. No matter where you stay, the hospitality is better than ANYWHERE! They always treat you like family. Everything is immaculately clean and the food is always delicious! Nothing beats a Woodloch Breakfast! My children were 6 and 8 when we stayed for the first time and we've been back multiple times per year since then. They are now 20 and 23 and they still love going! We have been to Woodloch in every season and they're all great! The entertainment is first rate as well. Always something to do - or do nothing if you choose. (The Spa is great for THAT!). I cannot give a higher recommendation! You won't be disappointed - of that I am certain!

Room Tip: The Springs has more luxurious accommodations but you have to drive back and forth.

CathyPNewYork

Thank you for the kind and encouraging words.

We’re happy to see that our philosophy and mission statement is shining through. We strive to treat each and every guest as if they are company in our own home. It is our goal that your vacation is exactly what you desire it to be- you can literally run around competing for your entire stay or opt to find a cozy location to nap the day away. Our location and dedicated staff make that all a reality.

It’s a beautiful thing to see families grow up and ultimately bring new generations into the mix. We eagerly await the day that your kids return with kids of their own!

Happy New Years to you and your loved ones.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

Before we came I read some of the negative reviews and if you are expecting luxurious accommodations and gourmet food this is not the place. You stay in a nice place and the food is good but as previous reviews said it is kind of campy. However I am bias cause I always loved camp.

To me if my kids are happy, I am happy and there are plenty of activities for kids of all ages to keep them entertained throughout the day. It is really the people who work here including the family that owns woodloch that go the extra mile to make sure your family has a wonderful experience. When I first checked in I thought I needed to upgrade to the three meal plan from 2 meals cause I didn't see a place we could go to eat. However the person at reception was very honest and said two meals would be sufficient as they are big meals and mentioned other places here we could go if we were hungry.

I usually travel Christmas week and have plenty of pictures of my kids with Santa Claus and Christmas trees even though we are Jewish. Though I am not that religious it was nice that they had a giant menorah and a during the hayride tour for the light festival had a section for Hanukkah so I could take nice pictures with the kids.

They even have nightly entertainment for adults and kids. My kids got to see a magician, fire eater, juggler, and clown. Being that they are impressionable at this age they are trying to figure out which one of these careers to choose. I guess I won't be retiring anytime early. Thanks Woodloch.

One added bonus here is the families here are pretty nice and my kids were able to make friends with other children and they made appointments too see each other during the day.

However it is not all superlatives. My kids loved arts and crafts and while they did have projects throughout the day that were supervised there was no one stationed in the arts and crafts room like there is at every other activity. This would have helped because they ran out of certain supplies and colors during the day and it would have been helpful to have someone there to refill it. It would have also helped to have someone with artistic ability give them different ideas for their projects.

Unfortunately some parents think that when they are on vacation they are also on vacation from supervising their children. I had an incident at the pool where kids were playing wild around the basketball rim while I was playing separately with my son. One of the kids ended up hitting me with the ball and breaking my glasses. While accidents will happen there was no apology no nothing. The lifeguard was kind enough to try to get someone to fix my glasses. However I do think there should be better safety at the pool so not to interfere or hurt other guests

However I believe this was just an aberration and we are already looking forward to coming back.

Stuart

3  Thank StuartAlt

StuartAlt

Thanks for reviewing your stay with us! Kids can sometimes be our toughest critics- we’re happy to see we were successful at keeping yours occupied and satisfied! Our Arts & Crafts room is a popular destination and we do our best to keep it stocked to keep creative minds busy. Your suggestions on improvements are being passed on to our activities staff.
We’re happy to see that for the most part the family friendly atmosphere made you feel welcome. We are a family resort that enjoys seeing families bonding and enjoying time together- it is a little disheartening to hear some unsupervised children caused you some headaches. Parental supervision is highly recommended, but ultimately we can’t always “force” parents to stay with their children, though incidents such as this aren’t common in the least bit. We apologize for your troubles.

As your children grow, they will find new ways to enjoy this resort, and you will be able to right alongside them. Thank you for your input and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 28 December 2012

I have been a guest at Woodloch Pines Resort for 35 years now. I was first introduced
to Woodloch by my parents who, along with my Aunts and Uncles, vacationed at
Woodloch every September. My family, my sisters and their families and cousins
became regulars at Woodloch every September also. I had my husband’s 40th Surprise Birthday, Girls Weekend, my niece’s Sweet 16, New Year’s Eve, Red Mitten Weekend, Mother’s Day, etc. at Woodloch. Lots of beautiful memories were made throughout our years there. Our children fell in love with this glorious place. Of course, we would vacation other places too, but when I would ask them which vacation they liked best, the answer was always Woodloch. My children, now aged 35, 29, 26, and 25 don’t really vacation with us anymore, except when it is a vacation at Woodloch. So, just to spend some quality family time with my children, I will arrange a trip to Woodloch. I have 4 grandchildren and now they are experiencing all the wonders of Woodloch that my kids did. There are activities for every age.

I, and 78 others in my party, just spent a weekend (December 2012) at Woodloch and they all want to do it again next December. The year before (Dec, 2011) we had 50 people join us. We love that time because of the Christmas festivities. We actually have been there many times in the Spring, Summer, and Fall as well.

The Woodloch Staff are friendly and go out of their way to make our visit always a
pleasant one. During our last visit, the Activity Sheet did not include a game called “Name that Tune”, which we always looked so forward to with each of our visits. I spoke to Joey, the Activities Director, and mentioned we were so disappointed we weren’t going to play that game. Joey said he would see what he could do, and the next day, it was announced the game would take place at 10:30 a.m. in the North Lodge. Some of my group neglected to make a reservation for the Festival of Lights hayride, which was phenomenal, and again, Joey came through for us and we were able to participate in this very beautifully done activity.

The owners work so hard all day long to make sure everything is running smoothly and can be seen walking around the complex throughout the day, speaking with guests. My family and I have developed a lot of special friendships with the Woodloch staff – they are just very warm, down-to-earth people.

The rooms are beautiful and immaculate and the grounds are spectacular. I have sent so
many friends there and they have thanked me for it, saying their children loved it and
they can’t wait to go back.

We always have a fabulous time there. Most of the time it’s so difficult for all of us to
get together because there are so many of us, but if I plan a Woodloch trip, it’s a sure thing EVERYONE will make it! It’s a very MAGICAL PLACE which has such a special place in all of our hearts. Woodloch has touched the lives of 4 generations of my family thus far, and will continue to do so for many, many more years to come.

Thanks for the MEMORIES Woodloch!!!!
And Keep Doing What You’re Doing

WE’LL BE BACK AGAIN IN 2013!!!

Chloey921

We’re happy to see that you (and the rest of your large party) had a good time with us in December. We thank you for you loyalty to our resort spanning over the past 35 years. Again, your loyalty and smiles are the fuel that fires our hearth of hospitality.

The other aspect of our success lies within our staff: they try to do everything that they can to ensure that everyone is happy and enjoying their stay. While it’s not always possible, we’re glad that we were able to move some activities around and provide your group the opportunity to play “Name That Tune”- also one of my personal favorites so I understand!

Thank you very much for the good vibes- we encourage your friends to visit us and try things out for themselves.

Happy New Year and bless your family- we will see you ALL in 2013!

Reviewed 28 December 2012

I have vacationed at Woodloch Pines in all four seasons over the past thirty
something years with friends and family, We go about three times a year. From
my grand children 6,9,and 13 to my 92 year old sister every one loves going to
woodloch. We have stayed in cabins , suites and 5 bedroom houses , we have
always found all to be exceptionally clean. We enjoy the choices available in the
dining room at all the meals with enough variety for every one. At woodloch the
choice is yours , you can take part in as many activities as you like or just relax
and do absolutely nothing. As far as prices go we find woodlochs prices to be
comparable to other vacation properties we have been to, but woodloch is way
out in front when it comes to friendliness really caring about guests. The owners
and staff are constantly finding ways to improve the site and activities .The shows
and entertainment are as good as some of the broadway revues and in some cases better. The most important quality about woodloch is the sense of safety
and security experienced by my friends and family we are always at ease and
stress free due to the friendly atmosphere among the guests. Last trip was sept
2012 , next trip may 2013,

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Lou G-

Thanks for your kind words. We strive to keep everyone happy with activities and entertainment- adults, children and children at heart. We’re also very glad that your group feels comfortable and safe here- it’s hard to have a positive experience if there’s any anxiety involved. We’ll do everything we can to preserve this sense of security.

It will be May in just a few short months. We eagerly await your return!
Happy New Year!