“Planned a weekend in Hawley around a spa day trip!”

Woodloch Pines Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 November 2013

And it was worth it! We couldn't stay at the resort because they don't have pet friendly rooms and we travel with a small dog. We came for massage and to use their facilities. First of all it's gorgeous. The design is visually beautiful and very user friendly. The waterfall pools and tubs are so effective for getting out all the kinks in your body! The sauna and stream rooms were both exceptional. The lounges are elegant. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We wanted to have some lunch after we had our spa experience but they stop serving at 2pm, so that was disappointing. I feel like they have the staff to stay open thru out the day. But to their defense, they were willing to find us something when at first they thought we were just arriving hotel guests. Our massages were great and it was a great experience all in all!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Woodloch, Owner at Woodloch Pines Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear BigApple720,

It sounds like you had a fabulous spa day at our sister property, The Lodge at Woodloch! Staying at Woodloch Pines or Springs with the ability to visit The Lodge at Woodloch for the day is a great way to get the best of both worlds when you visit the Woodloch properties. We appreciate the kind words regarding the facility, and cannot wait to see you again!

& The Entire Woodloch Family

Write a ReviewReviews (1,446)

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Since my last review a couple of years ago when the grand kids joined us here for a family reunion, things have gotten even better. First off the entire staff goes out of their way to make every guest feel like family ( in a good way )and shows intrest in your comfort and enjoyment of the Woodloch vacation. The food is beyond belief and the staff is so attentive. The rooms are attractive and so clean. There are nightly shows and I kid you not they are top shelf. There are also shows put on by some of the staff and it amazes me at their talent! These shows are not some skits but performances by truly talented people. You will not be disappointed by the talent you see. There are games for young and old and a mix to boot for all to partake in.The grounds are beautiful the lake is so pretty. The sports and games are listed on their web page too much to write about here but I will tell you my son went on the Zip Line with my Daughter in Law and they had a blast. There are too many things to tell you about but I want you who ever you are to know I highly recommend Woodloch Pines for a great family vacation. Enjoy.
Mike the B

Room Tip: Each of the rooms I saw had a clear view of the lake. There are elevators if necessary.
1  Thank Mike B

Dear Mike B,

Welcome back! We are glad that you decided to return to us and have found this past stay better than the last! You will always be like family in our home, and our staff is content to share our hospitality with you. We are very proud of their accomplishments and what they have to offer our guests. We truly appreciate the recommendation, and cannot wait to see you again.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We first visited Woodloch in April of this year and have gone back 2 more times because we love it so much! Having 2 young boys (ages 2 and 4) they are fully entertained and us adults are at ease knowing the kids are having the BEST time as well as us. As a family we did the go-karts (yes, we were able to take our 2 and 4 year old on them!), bumper cars and boats, hayride, paddleboats, row boats, play together in the Woodloch Forest, the list goes on and on...my 4 year old even won at the horse races one night! The food is delicious and the service is amazing. Every staff member pays attention - our first day there at lunch and dinner my husband asked for skim milk for his tea and the next morning when he asked for tea and skim milk our waiter said it was on the table! The rest of our trip at each meal they had skim milk for us waiting, sounds silly but the mental note they made about liking skim milk just shows they pay attention when you speak! My boys and myself cannot wait to go back in a few months (my goal is to go every 3 months!)...my husband and I feel like kids there along with our children!

During our last trip we went with another family who had children ages 7 & 10 and the trip was great for all of us - the kids played well together and we were able to find something to do for every age group!

It rained for a little bit on our last day but that did not stop any of us, all the activities continued and we just found stuff inside to do.

Another plus was the hotel was SOLD OUT but you would have never known by the service, cleanliness or lines for any of the activites they offered. Because there are SO many different activities to do people are scattered all over the 100+ acre resort making it feel like your own personal resort!

I was hoping to spend our Thanksgiving there but they were sold out TWO months in advance...that just shows how amazing they are.

I can go on and on but I think everyone gets my point that this is the best place ever!!!!

Room Tip: Honestly every room is great, we had a room this last time with no view because we booked so late bu...
1  Thank beclikestotravel

Dear beclikestotravel,

Thank you so much for you kind review! We appreciate that you have chosen to return to Woodloch so frequently and we sincerely hope that every visit is better than the last. Having the opportunity to spend time together, make memories, and enjoy our signature hospitality creates a welcome escape from the daily grind, and we hope to be your haven for many more visits. We are sorry you were unable to join us for this Thanksgiving, but hope we can see you next Thanksgiving! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I spent two nights at the Woodloch Pines Resort. We had a great time. Food was excellent. Accommodations were great and everyone was very accommodating. Although we don't have young children, this is a great place for young children. They have constant activities scheduled throughout the day to keep kids busy. Down the road there's a beautifult spa for adults only to relax and get spa treatments.

Room Tip: Ask fo.r a high floor (only three floors) overlooking the lake
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jacqui608,

Thank you for choosing Woodloch for your most recent stay! We pride ourselves on having something for everyone, so from couples to families with kids, you are guaranteed to have a good time! We appreciate your review, and look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

It's hard to describe Woodloch, other than to say it's a surprisingly fun mix of Dirty Dancing, Great Adventure, and Chuck-E-Cheese. The location is serene, and the Mt. Laurel suites were spacious, comfortable, and modern. The indoor pool and splash zone exceeded our expectations, including 2 jacuzzis and 2 saunas. Meals were fast and service was very hospitable. The whole staff seems to pitch in everywhere to make the place run like a well-oiled machine. This is a place that you really want to settle into for a few days to relax and have some good, wholesome fun. It really hit the sweet spot for my 8 and 10 year-old boys. They loved rifle shooting, Go Karts, the Treehouse Playground, the pool, and the Haunted Hayride. I love gazing at the lake and the stars at night; shopping at the Country Store, and savor in the smell of the fireplace at every meal in the Main Lodge. We will definitely return to experience Woodloch in all seasons.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear ShariCiapka,

We are delighted that you found your time at Woodloch enjoyable and that it surpassed your expectations. Our staff truly cares about your experience and you will find that many staff members do pitch in at various locations. We strive to provide family-oriented fun that is designed to create memories that are meant to last a lifetime. Being an all-season resort, we do offer a unique experience every time you visit, with many different activities that change season to season. We are excited to be able to share that with your family for your next visit. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Just by reading few some of the reviews, you get a realy clear picture of what this place is. The person who referred to it as a 'cruise on land' is actually how I always describe it.

Southwoods Home Rental:
- The homes are on Woodloch property, but across the street & down the road from the main bldg
- You have to walk on the highway or ake the shuttle bus to get there

The home was really clean, open & inviting. It was perfect for our group but some people were a little put off by the distance from all of the activities. It was super clean, even the blinds had not a speck of dust. Stayng in the house was great bc you get all of the services of the hotel including daily maid service, meals & activities. There were 2 decks (enclosed & open) and a full kitchen. Each room had an ensuite bathroom as well. A big group that wants to hang out together would benefit most from this type of accomodation. Otherwise, you're probably better off in one of the other hotel style options.

In general the staff at Woodloch is unbelievable. Each person is friendlier than the next. Except for our waiter Kyle... he was clearly disinterested, rude and snarky from the start. We were surprised by his open lack of disregard for his guests or his job....

The grounds are simply beautiful. The lake at any time of te year is stunning. The property is immaculate & we enjoyed walking around outside as much as possible.

Now - what we feel needs some improvement:
- The food: not very good. Except for the breakfast, it was reminiscent of bad catering hall food.
- The public bathrooms located in the main building - they really got to be filthy & dirty throughout te day
- Nickel & Diming: There were LOTS of activities that were an extra charge. Shooting range, batting cages, etc. It just felt like we were always faced with another activity that was an extra charge.

Dear TPalm22,

Thank you for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community. We do liken ourselves as a "Cruise on Land" where everything is provided to you at one location. The Southwoods homes are very large and spacious homes located on our resort shuttle route and you are able to walk on a portion of our Nature Trail to get to the various activities. They are ideal homes for families or extended families looking to stay under one roof, and we are happy to see that you found it to be immaculate perfect for your group.

We appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff. We are glad that the majority were friendly and hospitable to you. We are terribly disappointed to hear about your server during the meals. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused you and will address this with the DIning Room Managers.

We appreciate the feedback regarding the meals. If you ever find any particular items not to your liking, please let us know so that we may use this feedback when we reexamine our menus.

Also, if any of our common areas are in need of attention from Housekeeping, please let our Front Desk know. We understand that common areas become heavily traveled which can lead to an unkempt appearance, but we always have staff on hand to take care of this as soon as possible.

While some of our Adventure Series activities are an additional charge, it is important to note that the majority of what we offer is no additional charge at all, including the planned activities put on by our dedicated Social Staff. We always encourage any guests to visit our website to see which activities are an additional charge or ask at the time of booking.

Thank you for your review and we hope to share our hospitality with you again!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

GREAT FAMILY VACATION SPOT!!

Wow! What a great surprise! Woodloch Pines Resort is such a gem, I can't believe we didn't hear about it sooner! The icing on the cake is that it's within driving distance of our home in NJ - no airfare - what a bonus! LOVED that the meals were included and the food was VERY GOOD! The homemade baked goods, which appear at each meal, are wonderful - now I understand why everyone was placing orders 'to go' for when they checked out!

Here's the breakdown - we were four total, two adults and two 9-year olds:

~Accommodations - we were in a one-bedroom suite in the Springside building. All rooms have a lake view (right on the lake!). Bedroom has 2 queen sized beds - and THANK YOU for having comfortable beds! The best beds we've had at a family resort! The attached 'living room' (separated by a door), has a pull-out couch and love seat. Two TVs and two full baths. Mini refrigerator, porch, Perfect. Clean, updated, and overall a great room. This building is centrally located to pretty much everything - with a short walk to most facilities, venues, etc.

~Food - since it's included, you should know that it's good! Selections at every meal, kids choices at every meal, great desserts (at lunch & dinner). You pay for alcohol, or bring your own and store in the refrigerator in your room We had the 3 meal plan, but I hear you can do 2 meals a day and receive a 10% discount. Honestly, 2 meals might be enough - I felt like I was on a cruise and all we did was eat. Meals are served during specific windows - so if you like to eat early/late, you might be out of luck. Table service or buffet; tons of servers. My kids think this is the best restaurant ever because you got served so quickly. Everything was tasty!

~Activities - tons of stuff for the kids, and adults, to do - but let's be real, it's about keeping the kids busy and entertained. Aside from the outdoor activities (i.e., go carts, batting cage, rock climbing wall, paddle boats, mini-golf, etc) there are TONS of indoor games and activities. We loved the Woodloch Horse Races and my daughter has now turned into a bingo diva. Real money can be won, which makes it more exciting! At times, it felt like there was too much stuff to do all at the same time - so it was necessary to manage time and be on a schedule (...schedule?!?!? No schedule, I'm on vacation!). For many events, the kids need to be supervised, or maybe it was just me - but I felt like all I did was usher my kids around the resort from one activity to the next. I was completely beat by 4pm each day - having been on the run with them each day from breakfast (8:30). I would LOVE if they had a kids program similar to Club Med - this was a huge hit with our family as the kids could be with other kids having a great time doing all the games & activities (supervised by a Group Leader), but Mom and Dad could also do their thing...relax, golf, spa, etc. Surprisingly, Dad DID manage to get in 18 holes at the Woodloch course and said it was very nice. Not surprisingly, Mom did NOT get in a visit to their world renowned spa - as I was running around with the kids all day. As they get older, I'm guessing they can do some stuff on their own; however, there did seem to be some activities that required a parent or guardian to be present. My favorite activity was the pontoon boat ride of the lake, I could have stayed on that all day! I thought we'd spend more time at the indoor pool, but the kids were too busy with all the activities. One night time visit was all we could fit in. The pool, Jacuzzi and splash area all looked nice. Only my daughter went swimming and she said it was awesome because it was so warm (and it was 45 degrees outside). The outdoor pool was covered, but the pictures look awesome.

~Service - Extraordinary. Excellent. Everyone was very service oriented, pleasant, and went out of their way to make sure we were having a good time. I LOVE that this is a family owned/operated resort and there are members of the family at EVERY meal welcoming you into the dining room and visiting tables to hear from everyone. Nice touch - great service!

~Entertainment - We went to three of the evening shows (shows/entertainment every night). The Saturday night show was a big musical show and I was really impressed. Sets & costumes were much better than I would have imagined, performances were very good. We all enjoyed it. Some of the shows didn't start until after 8 which was pushing it for our kids, but they made it...barely.

This is a four season resort, we were there in Fall which was beautiful. Crisp, but gorgeous. I'm sure summer is phenomenal since the resort is right on the lake and there are lots of swimming docks, slides, boats, etc. I liked the off-season feel of the resort, it was crowded on the weekend, but it cleared out on Sunday after lunch. Many fewer guests on Monday & Tuesday, but I hear it starts picking up again the closer you get to Friday.

Off-season is much more reasonable than holiday weekends or summer. This trip was about HALF of what I was quoted for President's Day Weekend last year. If you plan to go, choose your time wisely - but know that you'll have a great time!

We will be back! Thanks Woodloch!

Room Tip: Be prepared to walk - the resort isn't huge and there is transportation, but it's easy to wa...

Dear SouthJerseyTwinMom,

Thank you for taking the time and writing your very detailed review. We always appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests. The ability to get to Woodloch on a tank of gas is a huge advantage since you don't have to worry about the added cost of purchasing airfare and lost time due to travel. Once you get on property, you can jump right into the activities!

The Edgewater Suite in Springbrook is a good option for families due to the addition of a second bathroom and the proximity to the dining room and pool complex. We are also delighted to see that your family had a lot of options to choose with respect to the activities. While we do not have a kids camp, we do offer very affordable babysitting services which can be obtained while you are on property. The babysitters are able to take the children around to the various activities just in case you need a break or want to get away to the spa!

Thank you for sharing your review, and we cannot wait to see you again!

& The Entire Woodloch Family

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hotel Wayne
The Lodge at Woodloch
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Woodloch Pines Resort? Share your experiences!