“Woodloch was wonderful!”

GreenLeadersGold level
New York City
“Woodloch was wonderful!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Kathy (reservations), Sade, Corey, Steve (Dining & Management) Joey (games & activities) were a part of our incredible vacation. We stayed at Woodloch Pines in a one bedroom, two bath suite. We had our children (10 & 9 and our niece & nephew 13 & 7) with us. The room was clean and spacious for the six of us. We arrived late at night (call before and let them know if you are running late, if you are on the meal plan, they will credit your account). The weather held up during our stay and we truly enjoyed the outdoors. The grounds are safe. The children were allowed to go out and play unchaperoned (something I would never allow in NYC); we were able to "exhale"... The grounds are immaculate and we never heard the word no. At every meal we were greeted not only once, but every few minutes.Their meals were delicious, cooked to order and since we had 4 children, we requested family style breakfasts which were generously portioned. One evening, my husband was at their world-renown spa (listed 4th in the entire US) and I asked if they could keep his meal warm. Yes, absolutely was their reply. I think we were the last to leave their vast dining room that night. The show was awesome, the drinks (the only thing not included in our package) were reasonably priced. The kids played and played! There was the indoor playground, the 2 game rooms, archery, go carting, bumper cars, rock climbing wall, tennis court, indoor/ourdoor basketball indoor pool (and so much more!!!). We truly enjoyed making s'mores at the fire pit, being a part of the first non-winter outdoor Olympics and the cake decorating games. Though we did not win a medal, we were winners in the fact that we met and competed with other wonderful Woodloch families. Full disclosure; we've been to Woodloch before, six years ago. It was wonderful when our children were smaller, and it was just as fun this time! GO!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Pool wing. It was convenient, spacious and clean. The Spa is pricy - but well worth...
Green Features: Woodloch is very ecologically run. You can tell their environment efforts are working.
2 Thank O&Msmom
O&MsMom-

Thank you for your recent visit and taking the time to review our resort.

We’re always happy to hear when our guests had a great experience. Having four children traveling with you can be quite the task, but we’re glad to hear that we were able to keep everyone happy and active while you felt secure.

While you may have come up short for your medal this time, it’s rewarding to see that you understand the true meaning of our games- getting together to have some fun while creating lifetime memories. That in itself is better than all of the gold in the world.

Thanks again for your review, and we look forward to seeing you again!

& The Woodloch Family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
New York
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and 8 year old daughter surprised me with a trip to Woodloch for my 40th birthday. We traveled with another family with two kids 7&9.

Since this was my first time at Woodloch, I didn't know what to expect. As the days went on, and we got caught up in the fun, we became fans of Woodloch.

This place is all about fun. They have activities going on all day and night, so there is always something to do and you don't have to be athletic to get involved. They really put thought into some of the activities where adults don't have an advantage over the kids. As a result, you can stay together and have fun as a family.......nice touch. I will always remember the look on my daughters face when they announced our team as the gold medal winners in the "minute to win it" contest. She sprinted across the field to get her gold medal. This is a little girl that hasn't had much success in athletics, so it was nice for her to finally get a win!

The social staff is incredible and they really make the trip enjoyable. They always interacted with you and made you feel like family. They are fantastic with the children and you can tell that they actually like their job. My daughter and friends got to know Matt on the first day and he would always stop by to say hello. Thanks Matt for always making the kids laugh and smile. Matt was also at the trap shoot contest with Ryan. They were like a comedy team and had everyone laughing. Always encouraging the shooters and working hard to see them succeed. Thanks for the tips Ryan....I finally hit a few.

If you get the meal plan, you will be stuffed. Tons of food....some family style. You will not starve, that's for sure. Breakfast was the best meal of the day.

The room was spacious and very clean. Room service was timely and thorough.

The show on Saturday night was very good and the comedian that followed was hilarious.

We were all having so much fun that we decided to extend an extra day. Thank you for working with us on our last minute request.

So Woodloch, thank you for making my 40th birthday a memorable one. I will always remember the great hospitality and quality time I spent with my family and friends.

We will be back.

4 Thank binimon
Binimon-

Thank you for your recent stay… and happy belated birthday!

We’re happy to hear that your birthday surprise was a good one. We are in a rewarding line of work- moments like your daughter earning her gold medal aren't only special for our guests but make us smile as well. We’re fortunate to be in such a line of work.

We’re glad to hear that you decided to stick around a little longer- we hope that you consider us for future getaways! Thanks again for the kind words.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 April 2014

When my wife told me we were heaed to a lake in the Poconos for spring instead of Florida, I thought she was out of her mind. It turns out she picked the perfect spot for our family including our 13, 11, and 9 year old boys and 5 year old girl - there was plenty for them to do and mom and I also had a great time.
The lodging is exactly what you see in the advertisements and every thing is very comfortable. The beds are high end and the lines are better than you'll see in most hotels. In spite of the abundance ot kids staying at the resort, we never heard other guests when we were in our room. Some of the best nights' sleep I've had in a long time.
The meals are abundent and good. We had some great fish / seafood dishes as well fine cuts of meat and good casual dining.
The staff is very attentive and accomidating. When we called and said we were going to arrive too late for dinner the first night, they had hot food waiting for us in our room. Attention to detail and service with a sincere smile seem to be their hallmarks. Every single employee was polite and helpful.
The amusments and entertainment were great. From bumper cars and archery for the kids to fun family games and evening entertainment, we had lots of awesome family fun together. Everything is very convenient, so when "together" wasn't what we wanted, the kids were able to go off on their own and mom and I were able sit and read or enjoy a beverage without them.
Mom and I spent a morning at the spa while the kids did their own things - worth the effort. We had great massages.
We'll definately be back. Out trip was in the spring, but it looks like it's even more fun in the summer. We're planning another trip - probably later in the summer.

Room Tip: Recommend the cottage of the two lodges with lake views, but really are nice. Try for en end unit f...
Green Features: They're clearly doing their share and are trying to build an environmentally friendly facility and encourage environmentall-friendly practices by the staff an guests.
2 Thank Chris T
Chris T-

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to share your thoughts.

We pride ourselves in being a resort where multiple generations can participate in our activities together, but we also understand that everyone at some point might appreciate a little “alone time.” We all have different tastes and sometimes it’s nice to go out and explore then reunite for meals and other events with loved ones. We’re glad it worked in our favor.

Your summertime visit will offer even more ways to bond with those you love. We can’t wait to show you! Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My story is very similar to many others. I too visited Woodloch as a child and now I am a guest in the summer season with my family (husband and two kids). I have also visited Woodloch in the Fall Winter and I have just experienced being a guest in the Spring. I have never been disappointed. When Laura made our recent reservation, she couldn't have been more accommodating. The excitement I heard in her voice when she heard we were coming back was truly genuine. When we arrived, my kids saw Matt H.and ran across the lawn to hug him. His ability to balance his work responsibilities while at the same time providing my children with positive attention is incredible. When he had to go to work and noticed sad faces on my kids, he made a promise to check back in with them when he was passing by or on a break, and he always kept his promise. This is just one example of the many positive experiences we have encountered during each and every visit. When JK puts his hand out to greet us at every meal we feel like inviting him to come sit and eat with us.....we almost forget that he owns Woodloch. Steve has always been so kind to us as well, always doing whatever he can to make our stay perfect. Two times, we have even decided to extend our stay, and Steve has always helped us with our last minute changes! Vanessa has been a wonderful role model for my daughter and has been a big part in building up her confidence and self esteem through the years. The staff's ability to maintain professional boundaries while at the same time making you feel like a part of their family is amazing. I have even heard my daughter call Ryan "Uncle Face" (his nickname). From the dining/bartending staff ( Mike Megan James Corey Jessica Kaylee Skylar Jafari just to name a few) to the social staff (Matt Vanessa Pat Tom Cara Nikki Maria Mandy Ryan Ryan Pat Kiley Scott Dawn Adrian Susie Jesse Debra Michelle Louis Eric Robbie Guy Brett Dan Zach Zac Joey and Randy....I can go on forever), their service, kindness and sincerity is commendable. As far as being expensive....what can I say....YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!! (participate in some activities, you may win"Joey Dollars"). Woodloch is magical and no review can truly describe all that Woodloch has to offer, you just need to experience it for yourself! Thanks Woodloch...for loving us and loving our kids!

Room Tip: Participate in the activities!!!
2 Thank Chris W
Woodloch, Manager at Woodloch Pines Resort, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Chris W-

Thank you very much for your review.

We’re glad to see our staff had such a great impact on your stay. Every name you mentioned is another reminder of how important our staff has been to our success over the past 56 years of business. All resorts have accommodations, all of them have amenities and food, but having a staff as special as ours is something that we’re truly blessed with.

The pleasure of helping families create lifetime memories is truly rewarding to all of us. We look forward to seeing you again.

st. clair
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My boss scheduled a retreat for us in February. I wasn't sure what to expect since some vacation resorts in the pocono area are dated. I was pleasantly surprised! Every building was maintained beautifully and the home we stayed in was clean, large, modern, and had a fireplace, 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. We were treated to a massage and facial as well. The spa was first rate. I was pampered from the moment I put on a fluffy robe, to the moment where I was left to reflect in a wonderfully relaxing lounge with a large stone fireplace, huge glass windows, healthy snacks, and herbal tea. My husband and I are planning a "couples retreat"in the fall-I can't wait!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the new rental homes.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Gosteelers81-

Thank you for your recent visit and review of our property.

We’re glad to hear you had a pleasant visit in our guest homes and a refreshing escape at The Lodge at Woodloch. Sometimes, you need to take a break from work in order to be more productive- taking the time to relax and reinvigorate yourself will prove to be a worthy investment.

We’re happy to hear you plan on returning for a “couples retreat” in the fall- thank you again for your kind words!

Princeton, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Woodloch Pines has the intimate feel and attentative service of a B&B, the comfort and amenities of a luxury hotel, and the entertainment of an amusement park. All in the backdrop of the gorgeous Pocono Mountains. We went with our kids - 2, 5 and 7 - there is something for kids and adults of all ages here. It can be as laid back or as action packed as you want it to be. Nothing can beat the family feel of this resort! If I had to pick on one thing, I'd say the food can be hit or miss - we had some great meals and some not so great. I'm planning on making this destination a family tradition.

Room Tip: Most activities are in the Main Lodge, but the whole resort is very walkable (I really enjoyed the s...
Jen T-

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort.

We’re glad to hear you had a positive visit. We pride ourselves on being a place where kids, adults and everyone somewhere in between can go away for a few days and focus on what’s most important in life: quality time together.

As always, we love to hear that we’re being included in new traditions! Thank you very much for the kind words, and we hope to see you soon!

Coatesville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I took my wife and family here for a momentous birthday and had a blast. My wife and her family came here for nearly 20 years straight and has been a while since being back. So for my wife birthday we brought the family including our two children who had never been. We had a blast. My daughter as in tears when it was time to leave she loved it so much.

There is so much to do or not do depending on your idea of fun. From playing bingo to the famous horse races, from go-carts and batting cages to sitting by the fire in the 911 room. If you have smaller kids the game room/building is great and features Woodloch Forrest. Kids of all ages really enjoy it.

Then there is the food. what can one say..... you eat and eat and eat wonderful Woodloch food. They were able to accommodate my wife who is Gluten Free and my son who has a peanut allergy. The staff was so friendly and courteous and the manager of the floor came to speak with my wife about her food options. Needless to say no one left the table hungry.

All in all a great resort and a place for a family to have fun! Go and relax in the enjoyment that will engulf every one present! Looking forward to our next trip back!

Room Tip: My wife has stayed in almost any accommodation that there is for Woodloch and has enjoyed them all n...
Timothy J-

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to share your thoughts… and of course happy birthday to your wife!

We’re glad you decided to visit us once again and gave us another chance to share our hospitality with you and your family. We’re happy to see that a new generation of your family was able to visit us as well!

We do the best we can to accommodate any dietary concerns and always take food allergies and sensitivities seriously. We encourage all of our guests to let us know any concerns ahead of time and we will do everything in our power to accommodate their needs.

Thank you again for the encouraging words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

& The Woodloch Family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Greshams Lake View Motel
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center

Been to Woodloch Pines Resort? Share your experiences!