“Great Family Resort”

Woodloch Pines Resort
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Good, clean fun! We stayed here during the winter, and had a great time. The room we wanted wasn't available, so they upgraded us to the one bedroom suite with a stunning view of the snowy lake. So many activities for the whole family. Food was ok. We went with the 2 meal plan, and that seemed to be too much. But it was winter, so we needed more anyway.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Woodloch, Owner at Woodloch Pines Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Tripster74,
Thank you very much for your thoughts and feedback about our resort.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience of not having your room you had originally wanted available, but are pleased to hear that your upgrade was a great fit for you, accompanied with a stunning view. We really go to great measures here at Woodloch to create activities in which our guests of all ages can play and have just as much fun, and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed them!
We hope to see you back real soon!
& The Entire Woodloch Family

Write a ReviewReviews (1,436)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've been to Woodloch Pines several times before but my latest trip, May 2nd through May 4th 2014, was the most memorable for all the right reasons; all was wonderful! I booked the stay in Nov., taking advantage of the "Black Friday" specials; planned the trip with my four sisters to celebrate our Mom's 80th B'day. By Spring time we had to change our room, to accommodate my parents need for a Handicapped Accessible room. The Woodloch staff, particularly Christina Bower, could not have been more gracious & accommodating! They gave us a fabulous room, closest to the elevator. An unexpected room amenity, that Dad was super happy to see, was the special chair lift recliner. Soon after our arrival we needed assistance from housekeeping; they responded so promptly that they came and went in the time I walked to my car to get some luggage. At every turn the staff was extremely helpful and you can see the employees here enjoy their jobs. From the bar tenders to the maintenance people everyone takes pride in what they do.

The food as expected was excellent in it's variety, quality and abundance! My Dad’s only complaint was “too much food; just when I think I’m done eating they bring me more”, LOL :)
A Woodloch highlight is their specialty home made breads and baked goodies; we brought several loaves home. We were fortunate to partake in a special pre-dinner tasting of menu specialties. This was an event celebrating Woodloch's anniversary. We also really enjoyed the Sunday Buffet that included tons of shrimp & oysters. On Sat. night we were surprised by a special Ice Cream cake and Birthday singing for Mom; Woodloch arranged this without us asking for it! After the dining room sang to Mom and other special celebrants, Dad sang softly by himself directly to Mom, "mi esposa", making this a tear jerking memory for me and my sisters. One small food related improvement would be the variety of Teas offered. Although there are several herbal teas to choose from, my family prefers Earl Grey or some other high end Black tea, and they only had plain Lipton tea.

Woodloch's activities were quite varied and allowed for our 'older' group to find things we could enjoy together; beading necklaces and bracelets for a tiny fee made for a nice memento. The many families on our weekend enjoyed many outdoor and indoor activities. The entertainment was also a highlight, including the day boat tour with an engaging 'Captain Jack'.
All in all I can not recommend Woodloch Pines enough. I definitely hope to return with my family, as this is the type of vacation getaway where special memories are made and treasured.

Amparo C.,
Thank you for your much appreciated feedback about your stay here with us at Woodloch.
Our staff really goes to all lengths to treat our guests as if they were guests in their own home. It makes us very happy to hear that you were treated as just that. We take great pride in being able to help our guests have the vacation that suites their needs, whatever they may be.
We are so pleased to hear that the celebration of your mother’s birthday is one in which your family will remember for years to come. Thank you for letting us be a part of that!
Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I arrived on Monday for a first time stay at Woodloch. I somehow started getting emails and found a special midweek rate. I thought that would be a great time to try this resort. I wasn't disappointed. We booked 3 nights and had a wonderful time. The activities just never stop. We canoed, paddle boated, played mini-golf, sped around the track in fast go carts, tried the archery range, walked the nature trail, swam in the indoor pool, played jackpot bingo, did a wine tasting, enjoyed the evening show and last but not least tried the zip line. What a great time!! The accommodations were beautiful with a balcony overlooking the lake. The service in the dining room was wonderful, the staff was friendly and courteous. A great place for a couple or a family. You can do nothing at all or do everything!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Woodloch, Owner at Woodloch Pines Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

AlbertaTrip,
Thank you so much for your feedback, all of us here at Woodloch love to hear such kind words said about what we have to offer to our guests. It truly lets us know that we are doing our job right!
At Woodloch we really strive to provide our guests with activities that our guests of all ages will fall in love with! It’s so great to hear that you and your husband partook in what we had to offer.
We appreciate your feedback and hope that you come back to stay with us real soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Let me start by saying if you want to be pampered in every way it's here. The service is top notch. The rooms are excellent and like new every time I vacation here. You start your day off with an awesome breakfast... All you can eat. The same goes for lunch and dinner. Have you ever heard of a resort with all you can eat bacon or prime rib? Well it's here. Their are games and events planned all day long. You family signs up as a team at one of the gams and you win... They give out medals, mugs and glasses. Saturday night is formal dinner and a show for you whole family. My family had so much fun that we needed a day off when we got home to rest. Way too many things to list. You will be hooked after one visit. I have been taking my family for 5 years and it has only gotten better and better.

Room Tip: You can either stay in the main lodge or just out side the lodge in walking distance. We like the...
1  Thank Rob B

Rob B.,
Thank you for your kind feedback and for your loyalty.
We are so happy to hear that your have had great experiences all around with what our resort had to offer you during your multiple visits. We find it really important to always provide our guests with endless options to constantly make our guests happy and away from their worries while they stay here with us.
First and foremost we are a “family resort,” although we do have something to offer everyone, we go to great lengths in creating activities that a family of all ages can enjoy together. Those memories made are very important and valuable to us and we love hearing the memories build from visits with us year after year.
Thank you so much again for your feedback and we hope to see you and your family again real soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

As a family, we have been coming to Woodloch for years. Every single staff member is kind, friendly, warm, helpful and fun. The place is immaculate - from the rest rooms to the accommodations. Two "complaints" 1. There isn't enough time in a day to take advantage of all the activities available. Who wouldn't want to go trap shooting but then reluctantly have to skip it to play Name That Tune? 2. We stayed at a beautiful house in Woodloch Springs - it's just a bit of a hassle going to and from, especially with a large group. Go Carts and Bingo are a must! Randy is in a class by himself!! I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Woodloch, Owner at Woodloch Pines Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Cindy B.,

Thank you for your feedback and for continuing to make Woodloch a getaway choice for you and your. We take great pride in being able to leave a legacy in the lives of our guests.

We understand your “complaints” and take them into account. We always like to give our guests an ample amount of activities to choose from during their stay. If you can’t do an activity one day, chances are it will be scheduled at a different time on the next day, making it available to do different activities with each day of your stay. As far as transportation goes, we thank you for your feedback, this is a subject we continue to discuss and will develop something in the future.

We thank you again for your valuable feedback and look forward to seeing your stay with us again real soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My son's 8th grade class trip will be remembered by all! Woodloch is a beautiful resort, with much to do and the service is REMARKABLE! We were a group of 30. 21 teenagers and 9 adults, and we all enjoyed our trip very much. I cannot say enough about the Woodloch staff. They were very WONDERFUL. The grounds are beautiful, and the accommodations we had were welcoming, attractive, clean and comfortable. The meals in the dining room were very good, and what a lovely view. There were plenty of activities to keep us all entertained and busy. I definitely would visit again and I have a feeling this is going to become tradition for the 8th grade graduating class.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Cynthia_M1030,
Thank you so much for your feedback and we appreciate your kind words about your stay with us here at Woodloch Resort.
It really means a lot to us when you say that your stay here will be remembered by all. Here at Woodloch, we strive to make lasting memories and impressions on our guests by creating an environment to ensure fun is had by all.
We are so happy to hear that the entire 8th grade class and chaperones that came to stay with us all enjoyed the trip just the same! Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Would like to start off by saying kids had a blast. Staff was friendly. Lots of effort made to entertain families that you don't see many places. Highlights for my family (two boys ages 7 and 5) were the cake boss competition, evening horse races, paddle boats, go garts, and indoor pool. I think my expectation were a little high based on the reviews and thinking the events ran all day as opposed to nothing until after 10:30am and little between 12:30 and 2:00. We stayed in the Springs section (2 bedroom condo) and did not do the all inclusive meal package and I think the gap in entertainment/activities were scheduled because most people are probably eating during those designated times.
We were there for a friend's wedding (had mother in law to watch kids) and that was beautiful and seemed to go off without a hitch. Food was very good and outside ceremony was great.
Will try it again I am sure when weather a little warmer to see what it is like when lake area is hopping.

Room Tip: Please understand the Springs is a good 3 miles away from ALL activities but there is a near by gym...
1  Thank smack25
Woodloch, Owner at Woodloch Pines Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

On behalf of the Woodloch Family, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. The core of Woodloch Pines is the American-Plan package, where there are some group activity breaks in order to accommodate meal times for all guests. That being said we do continue certain events through those meal times – specifically lunch – to accommodate guests not on a meal plan. Your comments are well taken as it is our goal to make sure every guest has a top-notch, action-packed experience. We are already working towards opening events earlier in the day and keeping more items open through lunch. We are glad to hear your friend’s wedding was lovely and allowed you the opportunity to see Woodloch as a family resort. We do hope you’ll join us again.
Owner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Greshams Lake View Motel
11 mi away
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Woodloch Pines Resort? Share your experiences!