Woodloch Pines Resort
Cove Haven Resort(Lakeville)
US$394
US$350
  • Pool
Lake Mocatek Inn(Lakeville)(Great Value!)
US$108
Wayne Inn(Honesdale)
US$81
US$79
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,485 results
All reviewsbumper carsmeal planall agesgo kartszip linesnow tubingfamily vacationpetting zoomountain laurelindoor playgroundwhole familypaddle boatscupcake warssomething for everyonebatting cagesthe main lodgescavenger hunt
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Our group of 10 ranged from age 20 months to 64 yrs and everyone found something fun and special to do during our 5 day visit at Woodloch. There is so much going on that we didn't even get to play golf or tennis as planned. We generally stay in larger homes when on vacation but the Kranich house (#519) is so centrally located that it made it worthwhile to give up the space for the convenience! There were mornings when we wished that breakfast started earlier...hard to wait until 8:30 with little ones who are early risers. A hint: next time we would opt for the two meal plan instead of the three meal plan doing lunch on our own to free up the mid day time. A great time was had by all!

Room Tip: The Kranich House has 3 BR and 2 BA and is very centrally located!
2  Thank lah7852
Woodloch, Owner at Woodloch Pines Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you so much for your review and for choosing Woodloch as your vacation spot this summer.
That house in particular is really something special, right smack in the middle of everything and the convenience of a house.

We are continuing to work on our dining experiences to accommodate everyone and keep this ship running tightly. Earlier and extended meal times is something we have have been discussing for a long time and we appreciate your feedback on the subject.

Once again, thank you so much. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

What can I say about Woodloch Pines that hasn't been said? I tell people who haven't been to Woodloch, "it's like a cruise on the land". Everything revolves around eating and activities. Having been to Woodloch five times with my wife and in-laws, it is truly a fun, family experience. Before I met my wife, her family went to Woodloch when they were younger. Now we are all making new memories with our aunts and uncles and nieces and nephews. The day starts with breakfast and then off to any number of activities for children to adults and everyone in between. Then a couple hours later back to the dining room for lunch. After lunch there are more scheduled activities or a chance to relax by pool or go sailing, kayaking, paddle boarding or skiing on picturesque Lake Teedyuskung. But wait a few hours later...DINNER! Woodloch does a very good job in offering a varied menu while being conscientious to healthy eaters and kids.

The staff at Woodloch Pines are amazing. Everyone you encounter is friendly. They may not run up to you and give a big kiss, but they are polite, courteous and will greet you with "hello, good morning and a smile. Staff members like John K.,Joey, Randy and Tom greet you year after year, like family coming back to the old neighborhood. During activities, none of the staff get stressed out or panic when something doesn't go to plan. But that doesn't happen often.

The resort is very clean and there is plenty to do. One day I saw John Kiesendahl walking the grounds with one of his staff and John picked up a piece of garbage. This is the attitude of one one is above or below anyone else and it is the responsibility of the entire staff to keep the grounds immaculate. There are go carts for all sizes, water activities, climbing tower and did I mention a top notch golf course at Woodloch Springs. A very challenging, well-groomed course.
There are bocce courts, bike riding, a world class spa and so much more.

The rooms are nice, but due to the number of rooms and age of the resort they could use a bit of a facelift. As far as cleanliness and comfort the rooms serve their purpose. Just like a cruise, they are they for people to sleep and get cleaned up. If you are in your room all the time at Woodloch, you're not experiencing Woodloch at it's best.

For someone who never went to summer camp, this is summer camp for everyone. But as someone who has been on cruises, Woodloch has it all in one place...fine dining, activities, excursions, relaxation and a professional staff to make sure that your experience is a memorable one and that you and your family and friends will come back for years.

Room Tip: The best rooms are in the Main Pines lodge facing Lake Teedyuskung. Easy access to the beach and the dining room. This is where the North Lodge is. Lots of activities happen in the North Lodge. Easy access to the theater for horse racing night.
1  Thank Jerry M
Woodloch, Owner at Woodloch Pines Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Jerry M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. Just loved the pictures, really spectacular. You say “what can I say that hasn't already been said?” – Well, you did a great job, thank you for the kind words and most importantly for choosing Woodloch as your vacation tradition!

Like a cruise on land is a description we often use as well, although there are no long lines for boarding or departing the ship. We strive to create an environment that is overflowing with activity and options for our guests to have a retreat as exciting or as relaxing as they want. We try to treat every guest as if they are company in our own home and make sure everyone feels like they’re on vacation; you shouldn't have to work on vacation!

Once again Jerry, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is the first time I've ever been compelled to write a review of a hotel, but Woodloch has earned it!

First of all, let me say that I'm a regular at Disney. I used to work there, I still go all the time, and it has rarely let me down. My experience at Woodloch was equally magical!! I feel very lucky to have found this resort while my kids are still young (10 and 8). No one I know has ever been there, so I was going cold based on the website, reviews and gut instinct. I was NOT disappointed. In fact, I miss it already. :-(

There is never a shortage of things to do. We all found our groove doing different activities. My son, 10, enjoyed the games (Survivor competition, Name that Tune, Scavenger Hunt), archery range, go karts and bumper boats. My daughter, 8, loved the beautiful arts and crafts room, In it to Win it, the numerous pools, and the magicians/musicals at night (which totally blew our minds and had our kids mesmerized). My personal favorite was being down by the lake, which I could have done every day for hours (diving off the plank in the middle of the lake, hanging around the waterslide, paddleboating and more) -- pure heaven!! And, my mom loved the arcades, the horseracing (reminiscent of her childhood at classic resorts in the 50s and 60s). There is something for absolutely everyone here.

Now, I am gluten-free and I had a bit of an issue at the Grille Dining room. It seems that the communication between the Springs and the Pines where allergies are concerned hasn't been quite worked out just yet. But, when I told the manager about my experience at the dining room, I was absolutely blown away. They set me up with a personal meeting with the head of the dining room and the rest of the lunches and dinners were spectacular. They had gluten-free bagels, bread, desserts, pancakes, waffles....wow. I ate well at the Pines dining room! One magical moment occurred when a server, Norah, called the main office to get gluten-free bread delivered to the pool snack bar, and later showed up with a gluten-free apple bread that her mother made for us! The staff at Woodloch really cares about you as a guest. They want you to have fun and come back. Which, I cannot wait to do!

I miss you Woodloch. Thank you for giving me a memory with my kids and my mother that none of us will ever forget for as long as we live! I hope to see you same time next year!

4  Thank JobCoachLaura

JobCoachLaura,

Thank you so much for your review. This is what Woodloch is all about; we cannot say it better than that, thank you! This is our goal at the resort; the fact that your family was entertained, but entertained together, you each had your own experience and different favorite activities and you shared them together, just wonderful to hear.

We’re so glad that your dining experience was so positive. We are constantly working on communication, which is the ultimate key to success, thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Your review gave us chills, we’re so happy you found us and we can’t wait to welcome you back. Thank you again.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I have vacationed with our daughter at this outstanding lake resort, Woodloch Pines, multiple times a year for over 25 years. As a child, she found Woodloch nothing short of enchanting! We now continue this tradition with our daughter’s family, which now includes our 2 little granddaughters (18 months and 4 years). Yes, the guests keep returning generation after generation building new memories and renewing old ones. The Woodloch Pines success story stems from the attention to detail and commitment to continued excellence ingrained in the family that has owned this resort for decades. They know how to make guests feel at home in an immaculately clean and comfortable environment. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating, so expect to be treated like family and greeted with a smile and “hello” from every staff member you meet. My granddaughters were enthralled to have a bus driver (yes, mini-buses drive you from place to place) who actually sang “The Wheels of the Bus”! The facilities are spotless and the lodge suites and cottages are spacious with a lovely view of the beautiful lake. The food is healthy and delicious; in fact, the 2 meal plan suffices due to the variety of places to lunch by the pools and elsewhere. Did I mention the cartoon characters that greet the kids at each meal and the Saturday “theme” night with a parade of costumed staff members and cartoon characters? Well there’s Care Bear, Winnie the Pooh, Cookie Monster…... Although my granddaughter is still afraid of Shrek! LOL. Sunday brunch is a must for those with a healthy appetite for lobster, crab, shrimp, roasts, pasta, scrumptious desserts, etc.! Activities? The pools (indoor and outdoor) are especially fun-filled for the kids from infants to teens. There are pony rides and a petting zoo (Sundays only), BBQs, boats, water skiing, swimming in the lake, bumper cars, go-karts, the “Woodloch Forest” (indoor playground). I haven’t even discussed the winter activities, which are just a “google” away. Hats off to the Kiesendahl family and thanks for the memories!

Room Tip: Springbrook and Mountain Laurel suites offer a lake view and indoor access to the pools. You also have large living room that separate 2 bedrooms for privacy.
1  Thank Phyllis1982

Phyllis 1982,

Wow, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us. We’re humbled that we have been your family tradition for so long and so grateful that you choose Woodloch year after year to be your vacation destination.

This resort is run with the “old school” philosophy that when on vacation, you should be dotted on. You spend your every day, as a mom, dad, grandparent, etc… working hard to provide for your family, keep up with the day to day. Come to Woodloch and you should be able to truly relax and we believe that starts first with service. We want every guest to feel as though they are company in our home, we instill this in our staff – which can be challenging with 1,000 staff members – but it’s all from the heart.

Once again, thank you so much for sharing your comments and for choosing Woodloch.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was our first time staying at Woodloch. I really didn't know what to expect, but judging for the all the great reviews, I knew I was not going to be disappointed.
From the moment we were picked up from the Hawley bus station until our dropped off at the same station, we were received with a smile and such amiability that is hard to find nowadays. My two-year-old daughter had the time of her life with all the activities available for her and she really enjoyed every single character appearance during meal time. We are looking forward to go back next year and me it a family tradition for us.

1  Thank Jessica C

Jessica C,

Thank you so much for the review. Your title makes us blush a little, thank you! We take great care in everything we do, but two things are extremely important to us; service and activity. We want to make sure every guest feels comfortable here, as if they’re staying at a friend’s house. And the activities, we truly are “fun for all ages” and we encourage families to take a Woodloch vacation as slow or as exciting as they want to.

So glad you had a good time, thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback.