“Quite, Clean, Relaxing and Romantic”
Review of Ledges Hotel

Ledges Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This place is at the top of my list. Just awesome. If you are looking for a calm, quiet, relaxing place, this is it. The contemporary suite was clean and spacious. Setting out on the deck by the waterfall is the best kept secret. The staff was kind and very helpful. I cant say enough about this place. Enjoyed every minute. Coffee and danish in the AM and flavored teas all day was a nice bonus.

Room Tip: spend the extra, get the suite
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joy G
There are newer reviews for Ledges Hotel

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Ledges Hotel is very serene and clean. Beautiful views and sounds of the waterfalls. We also enjoyed the The Settler their sister hotel. Very lovely dining room. Would return here if we ever visit this part of our country again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We come to this area once or twice a year, but have never stayed at this hotel. As we were making the reservation at the last minute, the only availability was a suite. We were so impressed! The contemporary suite was 2 stories with a circular staircase connecting the two levels. It worked out perfectly for us as our son stayed on the hide-a-bed downstairs and my husband and I stayed upstairs where there was a king bed. The upstairs had a large bathroom with a soaking tub and a shower, while the downstairs had a half bath and a kitchenette. The best part was that every room had a spectacular view of the falls. There are also decks outside where one can relax and enjoy the view while sipping coffee or tea and a sweet roll in the morning, included with the room, or a cocktail later in the day. The Settler's Inn, which is nearby, has a full breakfast menu which you can include in some of the packages. We would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WeightwatcherLdr
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Ledges was a perfect getaway for my wife and I. Very peaceful and relaxing. Contemporary rooms are small but comfortable. Decks near waterfalls make for a perfect rejuvenating experience. Will be back next time on a Sunday for their Blues, Brews, and BBQ.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Great scenery with waterfalls on the deck. Everything close by. Nicest people! Boat House best food and sunset too! Will definitely keep in mind for the future. Pretty nice night life too! Big and pleasant surprise all around!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Maria D
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My wife and I were on tight budget but wanted to do something special for our 10th anniversary. My wife hit the web for a nice vacation spot within a 3 hours drive. Low and behold we found The Settler's Inn which is the sister hotel to the Ledges. Upon inspections of the the different packages that The Settler's Inn had to offer, one included a voucher for the Glass restaurant at the Ledges. At first we both assumed that the Ledges was a hole in the wall kind of inn with a pub but we were exponentially surprised when we decided to Google the Ledges. The pictures alone were enough to draw us in but they don't do justice to actually being there and experiencing this great place.

The views were breathtaking and the service was top notch. Even though we stayed on the ground level we felt like we were living it up in the lap of luxury. This place is well hidden from the beaten path but not so much so that you could not walk to anywhere you want to spend time at. Lake Wallenpaupack is a short drive away and you can take lake tours as well as swim if it strikes your fancy.

We had stayed at Cove Haven Resort for our 5th anniversary and I can honestly say that I enjoyed the Ledges more. We liked our accommodations so much that we looked into staying an extra night. The concierge was so helpful and wonderful that she gave us the best top floor suite for the same price as the hotel room we had rented for the first few days. Once she had learned that we were celebrating our 10th anniversary she arranged for our master suite and accented it with drinks and gourmet truffles to make it a memorable end to our beautiful escape.

I absolutely fell in love with the place and would go back in a heartbeat. The Scandinavian-like simplicity and elegant design of the rooms and hotel ambiance made it am A++ place in my book. I have never been so relaxed and entertained as I have been at my stay at the Ledges in Hawley, PA. We checked out the Silk Mill and the Cocoon Cafe also owned by the family who owns the Ledges and the Settler's Inn and it was wonderful.

I will always recommend the Ledges as it has become one of my favorite places in PA. I met a lot of very nice people and got to enjoy a masterpiece of nature displayed outside my window. Simply awesome.

Room Tip: Room 118 was budget brilliance.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I certainly didn't! I was very, very fortunate to get a same-day reservation. I made countless trips through the Poconos throughout my childhood and eschewed everything associated with the Poconos--until now. I came to Hawley for the wonderful music venue Harmony at the Silk Mill. The lovingly restored building and grounds are just beautiful--can't beat the natural setting. The modern decor from the great room to my bathroom made me feel I was in Scandinavia and was a welcome change from my Adirondack-style home. .

The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable, and probably would have stood on their heads to accommodate me. Since it's not a large hotel, there's plenty of parking. And yes, there's Sunday morning yoga, but I preferred to sip my coffee on the deck (it was an unusually warm day and participants were right in the sun on the "serenity deck"). I didn't give Ledges an extra star because, being an old building, it was a tad noisy--I could hear people talking and doors banging as they retired for the evening (this was around midnight, I think, I was abed about 11), and, as in reviews from other Trip Advisor reviewers in other hotels, one could hear their next door/above neighbors using the bathroom...just comes with the territory. Ledges scored extra points for providing Harney & Sons teas (though I didn't see any hot water, and when I tried to use the water cooler I was unsuccessful so I had coffee instead), but lost points for the breakfast pastries--mini croissants and danish that looked like they were purchased at the Hawley IGA. Since the facility touts spa products, perhaps healthier continental breakfast items, such as yogurt , smoothies, fresh fruit and high fiber muffins, are in order, but it wasn't a deal breaker. Unfortunately, I tried to book a room for my next trip to Hawley, but were none available for my date...but I'll be back eventually!

Room Tip: The suites are way beyond my budget, but probably great for a group. I was perfectly content with m...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ScorpioWordsmith
jeanne g, Owner at Ledges Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you for your thoughtful comments about Ledges Hotel. We want to let you know that we are addressing the "continental" breakfast pastries immediately - it has been on our radar screen and we have now completed a new model that will be put into effect very soon. We hope to see you again at Ledges Hotel and thank you for helping us to improve.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Greshams Lake View Motel
Woodloch Pines Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Ledges Hotel? Share your experiences!