“Beautiful views.”
Review of Ledges Hotel

Ledges Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here one night over the holiday to visit friends for NYE. The hotel was dressed up for a NYE party package for guests. The lobby is beautiful and the deck with the falls is gorgeous. I hope to visit during the warmer months and take in the serenity.

PROS:
-Terry is worth her weight in gold!From the phone to in person, she was incredibly helpful, personable, and professional.

-The lobby and deck is beautiful!

-The large bathroom with the rain shower head is ultra modern, and the toiletries add a special touch.

-Everything was very clean.

CONS:
- Room 110 is very small

-Coming from a person who is always hot, the room was very cold. The small portable heater was not enough.

-The heat system from the wall is very loud if you are a light sleeper. Luckily, we're not !

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank lbischof
Terri M, Front Office Manager at Ledges Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Ledges and provide your feedback! Very glad that you enjoyed the beauty of our unique setting. The falls are frozen solid right now...quite a sight! We appreciate the comments on the room. Our goal is comfort and a good nights sleep for all. Your comments will help us achieve this goal. Happy New Year and we hope to see you again!

There are newer reviews for Ledges Hotel

Reviewed 20 December 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at ledges wed 12-18 and thur 12-19. We stayed in room 203 which was a 2 story suite. It was absolutely amazing. The room felt like a cozy apartment. I noticed that each room has a different layout. I believe that this room had the best layout in the fact that it was very homey.

Their is a bistro downstairs called "glass". The food is served tappas style (small plates) and it was absolutely amazing. My boyfriend had the lobster tail, i had the build your own mac and cheese (amazing). We shared the french onion bites, as well as the goat cheese salad and the pears wrapped with prosciotto with a sweet demi glaze.

The staff is amazing. From Terry and Marla to Hannah and Mike. Always smiling and very helpful. Would absolutely stay again..hotel is amazing and spot on. Feels more like a apartment complex and community, GORGEOUS!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the left of the hallway have views of the waterfalls (even numbers). Odd numbers have full...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank joey f
Terri M, Front Office Manager at Ledges Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay! Glad you enjoyed your suite..so spacious, and a great place to relax! Sounds like you had some great food at Glass. We will certainly pass along your praise to the restaurant team! The menu changes seasonally, be sure to check us out again the next time you are in town. Thank you again and Happy New Year!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed at the Ledges hotel about 2 weeks ago using a LivingSocial deal. Many times with these types of deals, the service or amenities are lacking due to the decreased cost. This was not the case at the Ledges hotel. We were warmly greeted by the woman at reception who promptly checked us in (2 hours early) and showed us around the common areas and deck, then led us to our 2 story room. She was happy to share information about the local area and even suggested some good spots to watch that day's NFL game. We had the opportunity to check out the wine bar downstairs which was quaint but relaxing. They even allowed us to take the remainder of the bottle and glasses up to our room.
Over the course of the weekend the staff was happy to assist us with anything we needed. At one point we asked for a few extra towels for the 4 of us(the cabinets below the sink were piled with towels unbeknownst to us) and we were given about 6 fresh towels. They even brought up some salt and pepper for from the wine bar below for our homemade breakfast sandwiches one day!
We also enjoyed the common areas, more like a bed and breakfast living room. We enjoyed being some of the few visitors in the hotel and took some cards and wine down to play in front of the fireplace, the way a relaxing weekend getaway should be!

The only disappointment we had at the hotel was the lack of salting/groundskeeping after a bad night of freezing rain. We witnessed several close calls and even a few fender benders in the parking lot outside due to the slipper conditions. While we did see hand-salting in the lower lot, the upper "ledge" of the hill was almost untouched, as well are the gate area between the silk mill and hotel. We had some very scary moments trying to maneuver around the property, even after waiting until lunch time to head out.

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend getaway. I hope the Ledges decides to do a LivingSocial promotion again in the future!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Laura S
Terri M, Front Office Manager at Ledges Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay! It was a pleasure welcoming you to our property. Our apologies regarding the way the parking lot was cared for the time you were here. We absolutely fell down on the job and have rectified the situation! So glad that you found us through Living Social. We are considering running additional promotions with them, and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I recently visited Ledges on 11/24/13-11/25/13 with a coupon I bought from Living Social... Usually, when you buy a coupon the purchase will reflect discounted services... Not this time. From the moment I booked my stay, the woman on the phone, I think Lynn was sweet, informative and patient. I called back 2 or 3 times with questions and each time she was nothing but nice. I requested room 104 which I read on another review to be nice. It was and my request was accommodated no problem. Beautiful view while laying in the mat comfortable bed ever! The hotel s spotless! The lobby area is more or a "great room", very cozy, fireplace, blankets, games, tea... So perfect. Patricia ( I think that was her name, forgive me if I'm wrong) checked us in and gave us a tour. We relaxed until dinner in the glass bar. As soon as we ordered drinks the waiter came back and asked my boyfriend if it was his birthday...it was. I mentioned it to Terry ( please say that was her name too, God I'm bad with names) and they remembered, made a note and sent over a drink! Wow! The food and drinks were great. I had 3 of their specialty cocktail called The Quincy!!! Yum! We can't wait to go back. I miss it already. Would l e to visit again this winter for another relaxing getaway and will definitely be back in the summer! Thank you Ledges!!

Room Tip: No pool, no spa... Just beutiful. Room 104 is great. Took a look in 204, it's a suite will stay...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Terri M, Front Office Manager at Ledges Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

We are so glad that you found us through Living Social, and that you had such an enjoyable stay! Happy to hear that you enjoyed not only your room, but the great room and the restaurant as well. You did a fine job remembering everyone's name....I am impressed! Looking forward to seeing you another time...there will be new speciality cocktails to enjoy, and new memories to make. Thank you!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed here in June 2013 and I was looking for a hotel relatively near Scranton, PA because I was going to warped tour. Since I work at a Historic Hotel of America, I decided to check for one around there, and I am soooo glad I did! this place was absolutely AMAZING. the lady who took my reservation was more than helpful, and she was also the same one that checked us in! (I wish I could remember her name!!) not only was she friendly, she even took us on a tour of the hotel and our room, being sure to show us everything there is to see to make your stay fantastic. We didn't have a room with a view, but with the Great Deck that's available to all guests, it's not really necessary anyway. they have complimentary hot tea 24/7, which my boyfriend and I took advantage of. WE WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR! my only wish is that we stay for longer than just one night this time! <3

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank emeryram
Terri M, Front Office Manager at Ledges Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for your kind words, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay! As you know, there is something truly unique and wonderful about Historic Hotels....I also seek them out when I travel! Glad to hear you enjoyed the tea- we just added some new flavors that are perfect for the colder months. Looking forward to seeing you on another visit!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We tried to get a pet friendly room reservation ( about a month before our actual trip to Hawley) they had nothing available and put us on their wait list. Well we made it!!! Yay.
So here's my review: first of all, our room ( as mentioned in other reviews) is TINY! But most of the other rooms are fine. The dog friendly rooms and 2 others are really small and But now that we've gotten that out of the way... It's clean with comfortable beds and very nice bathrooms. The main areas are beautiful and cozy. The staff is wonderful. Our room as small as it is, we wanted a small fridge and they supplied us with one within an hour. All the complaints about noisy... I found it to be quiet. Slept well and woke up to fresh coffee and great pastries ( not at all commercial looking) both mornings. The main area has a fireplace and is very comfortable to sit and drink wine or tea and just chill. There was a scrabble game in the room. We played, I lost. The restaurant was lovely. We had a late light dinner and some crafted beers. It is lively and accommodating. They have live music on Friday nights ( which we missed) and it was pretty mellow on Saturday night.
It was perfect for our needs and very affordable. I would love to come back in warmer weather to spend more time on they're outdoor porches.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BigApple720

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. Thrilled that a pet friendly room opened up for you, and that you slept well. That is always the goal...a good nights sleep! So glad that you enjoyed the restaurant and the Great Room, both terrific areas to relax. Hoping to see you another time- perhaps in warmer weather when you can move the Scrabble game outside and be victorious!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

The "Contemporary" room has two sizes. (1) a decent size, (2) extremely cramped. Prior to informing them of my L/S voucher, I was told ALL room sizes are available. The second I told them I had a Groupon, the said they had to put me in the smallest Contemporary. (Living Social descrimination?) Despite this, I made the reservation. The larger room wasn't used the duration of my visit. The hotel is difficult to get to (in a small neighborhood). Staff was friendly, hotel was clean. Scenery is nice on a decent day. More like a B&B. ALSO, you get a $15 voucher for Cocoon coffee shop...similar to Starbucks, coffee was good, egg sandwiches were terrible (made in microwave). A few nice local restaurants and a lake nearby. Not much to do....kinda boring....bring board games and a deck of cards. The "Glass" restaurant beneath the hotel is small, dark and pricey. Overall, I wouldn't return.

Room Tip: Save the L/S voucher info for last or you're gonna get a TINY room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jennifer M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Greshams Lake View Motel
Woodloch Pines Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Ledges Hotel? Share your experiences!