“Never felt so well cared for...”

The Lodge at Woodloch
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I spent the last week at the Lodge for a much needed winter escape. My trip was so wonderful, both engaging and relaxing at the same time. It was a bit like being at your Mom's house with a full staff.

The place is physically gorgeous and extremely clean. The grounds are very well kept, including the walking trails that surround the Lodge. The attention to detail is expert.

The food... is absolutely delicious and yet, is healthy, so you won't feel guilty about how much you are eating. My favorite were the cookies they served every afternoon around 3pm.

The rooms are cozily furnished and good sized. My room had a small patio attached so, you can step outside to enjoy the beautiful grounds.

The spa is beyond pretty... in the changing rooms they have private rooms for your post treatment shower.

The pool area has 3 separate hot tubs, 2 inside and 1 outside. The outside one was my favorite.

The classes and activities are really designed to offer something to everyone. I did not take one of the hikes, but they are included in the price and sound wonderful.

There are fireplaces everywhere and plenty of big couches and comfy chairs to curl up in...

The white robes are so inviting, you will want to wear yours all day long. Many people eat breakfast and lunch in their robes. I wish we could have purchased a robe to bring home.

Overall, it was one of the best spa experiences I have ever had. This was due to the exceptional staff who were friendly and genuinely concerned that you have a good trip.

I would absolutely go back and am recommending it to friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank angela o

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Needing a winter break but did not want to travel by plane this was a perfect place for a long weekend. The resturant staff was excellent as was the food and portions. Many times when we travel we do eat too much due to the American sized portions, the portions served at the lodge were perfect. The gym was wonderful and quiet which we do not experience at the YMCA at home. I had a moisturizing massage and the masseuse was excellent and professional. My only complaint was the chattering by the staff that welcomes you to the spa, definitely cut into the quiet spa experience. The spa staff needs to be a bit more professional, quiet and reserved. I do rate this a wonderful experience and would return.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kate B
Jamie F, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Dear Kate B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community. I am glad to hear that we provided a wonderful alternative to traveling by plane for a long weekend escape! We appreciate the comments regarding our cuisine, treatments and the facilities. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some disruption to our tranquil environment in the spa area. We will follow up with our spa team members to ensure that this doesn't happen in the future. It is great to hear that you would like to return; we look forward to welcoming you back. Please remember that as a return guest, if you are able to come back within 6 months, you will receive a $100 credit towards any 2 night stay or longer! Thank you again for choosing The Lodge at Woodloch.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Our second stay here - my college roomates and I loved it so much it is a new tradition. The setting is lovely, the rooms beautiful. The food is amazing and the classes are fun and diverse. The staff is so helpful and friendly. I am the least athletic of our group but felt perfectly comfortable and encouraged by the staff. The treatments are wonderful - this year I had several more than last year and each one was wonderful. I can't wait to go back again.

Room Tip: The 2nd and 3rd floor rooms are wonderful. I never saw the rooms on the bottom floor but I am sure t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed 10 February 2013

After returning home last Tuesday, I am yearning to return to the Spa. The Lodge at Woodloch is a wonderful place. This time we were four women needing a getaway from work. Usually we are a group of seven.friends who thoroughly enjoy the classes, the treatments, the food, the setting and the great staff at the lodge. We have also been guests at the lodge with our husbands. We always have a great time.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lynnNewCity_NewYork
Reviewed 9 February 2013

This was my second time at the Lodge and it was even better than my fist. Last year I went with my husband and the new room with couches TV and a fireplace is a wonderful addition. There weren't enough places to hang out then, and this new space really made a huge difference. This time I went with my mother for her 70th birthday. Everyone treated her like royalty beginning with guard at the entrance who wished her a happy birthday and actually cheered for her upon arrival at the lodge. He put a smile on both of our faces before we even entered the doors! We really had a magical experience and I've never seen her so happy. She had a lot of firsts on this trip, including many of the group classes. Maryann and Blake were especially kind and gentle during yoga and mediation, and it was incredibly appreciated. Mom even fell asleep during Maryann's power nap and woke up fully relaxed. I love Cindy's Drums Alive class and scheduled my trip to make sure I didn't miss it in our busy schedule. It was my favorite class on both trips and I wish she lived closer so I can take it more than once a year. The food was perfect and elegantly served and prepared. Chef Pat even went a step further when she heard of my gluten allergy and knew I couldn't take the baking demo. She sent a full tray of gluten free cookies to my diner table for dessert and sent a copy of the recipies to my room. The spa services are great and the locker rooms are well appointted an immaculate. I loved the outdoor hot tub over looking the woods. Every employee not only asked if we needed anything, actually cared that we were having a great time. They take a lot of pride in their service and it shows. These are just a few of the many reasons that I look forward to my next visit to the Lodge at Woodloch and know each trip has the ability to exceed my expectaions.

Room Tip: I liked staying on the first floor so I didn't have to go on the elevator everytime I needed to...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I had such an amazing 4 days at Woodloch last year that I asked my family for the same gift this year. I was a bit worried that it wouldn't live up to my memories BUT it did. Yet again, the people that worked there from the wait staff to the spa staff to the exercise and yoga/meditation instructors to the housekeeping staff, everything was 5 stars. If there were a 6 star I would give it to them.

I highly recommend Woodloch to anyone looking for relaxation and complete pampering in a beautiful setting.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lynn M
Reviewed 6 February 2013

This was my second trip to The Lodge and it was fabulous! I brought my husband for his birthday and we only had time for a quick overnight trip. As we drove up to the entrance he began to relax, the scenery as well as the architecture of the building are like an elixir for the soul. The service is impeccable, you feel special and well cared for the whole time you are there. The food is the best I have ever tasted at a spa and the special Happy Birthday Chocolate they put on his creme brulee dessert was beautiful. My husband - who is not easily impressed - was very impressed and agrees that we will have to go back again!

Room Tip: Make sure you make reservations for dinner and spa appointments before you get there. Especially if...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Woodloch Pines Resort

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!