“Why Travel Overseas”

The Lodge at Woodloch
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Reviewed 2 April 2013

It's good to know that one can certainly enjoy the luxury of great meals, beautiful surroundings, and a super staff that goes out of their way to pamper you back to a state of zen from the first day of arrival until your departure. The last time we were treated with that much care was when we went to a spa resort in Jamaica, Domnincan Republic and Costa Rica. The best thing about the Lodge Woodloch Spa is that is located in the state of Pennsylvania and not overseas. We arrived on a cold Monday in March 2013 to celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary and stayed for 2 1/2 days. The unusual cold, wet and snowy weather certainly did not ruined our stay at all. The property is surrounded with colossal windows everywhere so when my wife and I were dining, reading, working out, napping or relaxing in the spa lounge room after treatments we were warmly embraced with a remarkable outside view of huge bare trees, majestic hills from afar, rocky trails, evergreens, patches of snow and a frozen lake. It was picture perfect. You can easily enjoy your stay here during the winter, spring, summer and autumn season. We loved the delicious meals served in well balanced portions, well kept rooms, the various programs they offered during the day and those luscious robes. It all made our mini celebration very special. We look forward to coming back in the summer.

There are newer reviews for The Lodge at Woodloch

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Took my daughter for ther 30th birthday. What a wonderful place. We both enjoyed the many fitness classes and spa treatments. Everyone at The Lodge is very polite and friendly. Food was delicious and service was great. Never left the dining room feeling hungry. Took advantage of the cooking demo class and spa pantry demo. Also made a terrarium which I was able to take home. I would recommend booking your spa appointments and dinner time before you arrive. We did, but heard others having a problem trying to get the times they wanted. Wish they had extended spa treatment times during the evening hours. This spa is top notch. Been to a competitor of theirs and The Lodge by far outshines them in many ways. Hoping to return back some day.

Room Tip: request a room in the rear. those rooms overlook the firepit and lake. front rooms face the front...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I visited the Lodge at Woodloch with my two teenage daughers. The facility is beautiful, the service excellent, and the food is both healthy and delicious. We enjoyed a variety of exercise classes and the spa facilities. A nice plus compared to other resorts is that you have access to the spa facilities- steam room, sauna, hot tub, well-appointed locker room, lounges, at all times and not just before an after a scheduled spa treatment. We all look forward to a return visit,

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2013

This was my second time at the Spa. I convinced my husband to come with me this time around for a mid week special. We both loved the classes and Cindy's spinning. Services and the "Whisper Room. " Five star dining, great evening music to dine to. Rooms were superior. We would like to make this an annual event. The facility and grounds from our extensive nocturnal walk were well maintained and we loved the night sky. Well worth the drive from Vermont!!!!

Reviewed 30 March 2013

This is an amazing place to re-center yourself. Not much at the Lodge for kids but plenty of activities for them at the sister property Woodloch Pines as I understand it, at least during the summer so if you are at the Pines be sure to come to the Lodge. The spa is top notch. They offer great mind/body/fitness classes which are taught by very interesting and talented staff. Spa services such as facials, body treatments are some of the finest I have ever had. Also cooking demos, wine testing, fly tying etc. Be sure to check out the class schedule in advance and you can book your spa treatments around that. Need to make your spa treatments in advance. My favorite treatment was lavender garden dream and my favorite classes were Chi Gong, Mantra meditation and Let's roll (class on stability ball). They have an amazing pool area with indoor hot tub with a waterfall and an outside hot tub. Locker rooms have all the amenities including sauna, steam rooms, showers, lounge. Dining....amazing. 3 meals per day are included and they are just wonderful, thoughtful menus. Dinner menu changes daily and only repeats every 5 days mostly. Vegan, Gluten offerings all on each menu. Healthy gourmet eating. They have a garden where so farm to table in season. The staff: they have it together. Nothing is overlooked. No logistical worries. When you come through the gate it all starts. The parking valets are waiting for you, the front desk has everything in order, all the spa treatments and your schedule all set, whatever plan you booked is accurate. It is the only place where you really don't have to look at your bill. It will be correct. No doubt it is pricey. I booked through AMEX platinum and got $100 credit (which of course was appropriately deducted) and got an upgraded room to a 2 room suite which was amazing. Stayed 2 nights, arrived early the first day and had a late check out for the last day for almost like 3 days.

1  Thank RobfromPA
Reviewed 30 March 2013

The lodge is something else! The place is gorgeous and the people are so gracious and attentive, The details make this place top shelve. The women's retreat was fantastic. You can choose to add on paid spa services, but no need to, as the spa is wonderful and they offer tons of free classes. the food was pretty good, not up to the standard of the overall experience, but the service was lovely.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Absolutely fantastic spa in a beautiful setting. The facilities are top notch - well appointed, looks brand new!, large spaces for massage/locker room/pools, even hot tub waterfalls to sit under to relieve my shoulder stress!

My profession takes me to 4-star/5-star properties on the east coast monthly, and i typically enjoy a massage during my stay. The Lodge at Woodloch is THE best spa I have visited. My only regret is not staying at the onsite hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Woodloch Pines Resort

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!