My husband and I recently had the pleasure of staying at Woodloch two weeks ago.
It was amazing to say the least! Yes, it is extremely expensive but it is totally worth it!
1. Front Desk- fast check-in process, extremely friendly staff across all areas of the hotel
2. Housekeeping- excellent turndown service, room was extremely clean
3. Classes- we loved the Terrarium and Watercolor classes. The teachers were awesome and taught in a very simplistic manner- which was great for us:) Nothing beats having a glass of wine while trying to get in touch with your creative side. Just be sure, if you sign up for the 'Great Wall of China' yoga class, you arrive five minutes beforehand because we were closed out :(
4. Restaurant- every meal was absolutely delicious! The first night we went to bed extremely hungry because we weren't aware you could have seconds/ a second entrée choice. The portions are super tiny, so a second entrée is almost mandatory. Loved the fresh squeezed Kale juice in the morning and the smoothies! Great selection of wine/ champagne.
5. Spa Area- the pools are amazing!! Suggest you retreat to the whisper lounge as everyone says. The locker area was extremely clean and we loved the fireplace/sitting area they had.
Since the pool area can get packed, I suggest going late at night after dinner. We had the whole place to ourselves.
1. We had a couples Body Scrub and Deep Tissue massage and were extremely disappointed :( At about $450 for this service, you expect to have the best of the best. The therapist did not use enough pressure after I indicated I prefer a deeper pressure level. My husband said the same, we both basically felt like we were having oil gently massaged over us. I am not sure I would book another spa service because of this.
2. Room Service- we wanted a late night snack on both evenings and were left with very few choices- chocolate covered strawberries, popcorn, chips and salsa. I was expecting a little more items to choose from- smoothies, juices, light appetizers. This was a little disappointing when there were times we just wanted to stay in the room and grab a bite to eat.
3. Afternoon snacks- this was my biggest annoyance overall. Since you are unable to order food between breakfast/lunch, lunch/dinner, they provide free snacks in one of the lounges. One two occasions we came down and there was nothing! Nothing was replenished on all occasions. When you are spending $1800 for two nights, you expect a cookie at least!!
Overall, we would totally come to Woodloch again. It is a far superior establishment to Mohonk-Mountain House, which we frequent about three times a year. Being an adult only establishment was also a huge selling point for us- something that Mohonk isn't.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your The Lodge at Woodloch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Woodloch Hotel Hawley
- Hotel At Woodloch
- Spa At Woodloch
- Lodge Woodloch