“We'll be back!”

The Lodge at Woodloch
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We were pampered the minute we drove onto the property. The Lodge at Woodloch has impeccable service, fun activities and amazing spa services. Every meal was delicious. They go out of their way to make sure you have a wonderful experience, and we did.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suntanmoma
Lindsey B, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

suntanmoma-

We are delighted you had such a wonderful time here at The Lodge, and we look forward to sharing our hospitality with you again! Thank you for staying with us!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,207)

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights/3days and it was the absolute best. The spa,fire pit, etc etc I can't say enough the staff are all fabulous. Everyone should experience once in their life. The food was also wonderful and fresh cooked perfect and the portions were just right. We had a couples massage which was sooo relaxing. We took 3 yoga classes with Darrin and Daisy Zeer they are a wonderful couple and I'll go back when they are there!!! They are from Denver sure hope they back.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Dicarwesl

Dicarwesl-

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay! Our weekends with Darrin Zeer are always well attended, and we do plan on working together again in the future. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I went to Woodloch for the second year in a row with three girlfriends. We noticed a more even split of couples and girlfriends this time (last year there seemed to be mostly women). The service was near perfect and the food was outstanding. We discovered that they changed chefs since our last visit and it shows. There was not a single item on the menu that we did not thoroughly enjoy. We always ordered extra dishes "for the table" and never got any push back. It seems that service has improved as well. Everyone was so accommodating, helpful and pleasant. We took a decorative birdhouse class and thoroughly enjoyed it (picture attached). The instructor was outgoing and helpful. We went cross-country skiing on the lake and the employees down by the lake were over the top helpful - they were so patient and talked to us for a long time answering our numerous questions. One of them even said she would watch my girlfriend from the dock if she had to ski alone. Three of us had spa appointments and all were excellent. I am a massage junkie and found my massage to be one of the best I have ever had. My girlfriend had a Chakra massage and was equally impressed. I'm somewhat perplexed by the negative reviews of the spa from other reviewers. A couple of us never showered in the room because the locker room was so well stocked. We just showered there then walked back to the room in our robes to get dressed (lots of people were robes, even to breakfast and lunch; robes are not permitted at dinner). We took numerous fitness classes and enjoyed all of them. We loved trying new things like drums alive, great wall of yoga, bosu, etc. and found most of the instructors to be extremely enthusiastic. The place is small so the classes are never too crowded. In fact we were the only students in many of the classes. The place is also very casual - jeans and a nice top to dinner was perfect. I say that Woodloch is "near perfect" because of a few MINOR points. First, I agree with other reviewers that the snacks are a little light mid-day. They should add a smoothie bar for after workouts. Also, I love the idea of adding a pool table or some other evening entertainment. Finally, lounge chairs by the pool would be nice. Otherwise, we had another amazing time, food was fantastic, spa spectacular, classes terrific and we left rested and relaxed. The best part was the amazing staff all around! We will return again and counting the days!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Mitchcob-

What a fabulous reflection of your recent stay, thank you so very much for sharing! We are thrilled your group had such a memorable experience, and look forward to welcoming everyone back soon!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have stayed in the Hawley area for many years, but this year decided to treat myself to Woodloch. Yes, it IS expensive, and I had to meditate on whether to invest - but I am glad I did and on this side of my visit have to say I got true value from the spend and would go again in a heart beat! Rooms, grounds, food and service are all 4 star!! (I reserve 5 starts for heaven:-) It is very well managed and has an extensive list of actives - this is more of a place to invest in your well being in an active way than a restful respite! I took a wonderful cooking class, and invested in meditation classes and tried my hand a kayaking...meals are included and the dinner was especially nice -select an early seating and ask for a window view! The rooms are spacious and I enjoyed the forest view - however, the walls are rather thin and since the discourage cell phone usage in the common areas, I was subjected to a rather loud and chatty person in the room above. While the staff was very understanding and offered a room shift - save yourself the hassle and request a top floor when booking. The spa and pool areas (esp outside pool) were outstanding and I rate this property as 4 stars all the way! Also, well worth the drive - which is scenic!

Room Tip: Choose high level and lake/forest view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

tbnott-

Thank you for sharing your comments! It sounds like you were truly able to enjoy all we have to offer- everything from our wonderful cooking demonstrations to our wide variety of fitness classes, there really is something for everyone. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of staying at Woodloch two weeks ago.

It was amazing to say the least! Yes, it is extremely expensive but it is totally worth it!

Pros:
1. Front Desk- fast check-in process, extremely friendly staff across all areas of the hotel

2. Housekeeping- excellent turndown service, room was extremely clean

3. Classes- we loved the Terrarium and Watercolor classes. The teachers were awesome and taught in a very simplistic manner- which was great for us:) Nothing beats having a glass of wine while trying to get in touch with your creative side. Just be sure, if you sign up for the 'Great Wall of China' yoga class, you arrive five minutes beforehand because we were closed out :(

4. Restaurant- every meal was absolutely delicious! The first night we went to bed extremely hungry because we weren't aware you could have seconds/ a second entrée choice. The portions are super tiny, so a second entrée is almost mandatory. Loved the fresh squeezed Kale juice in the morning and the smoothies! Great selection of wine/ champagne.

5. Spa Area- the pools are amazing!! Suggest you retreat to the whisper lounge as everyone says. The locker area was extremely clean and we loved the fireplace/sitting area they had.
Since the pool area can get packed, I suggest going late at night after dinner. We had the whole place to ourselves.

Cons:
1. We had a couples Body Scrub and Deep Tissue massage and were extremely disappointed :( At about $450 for this service, you expect to have the best of the best. The therapist did not use enough pressure after I indicated I prefer a deeper pressure level. My husband said the same, we both basically felt like we were having oil gently massaged over us. I am not sure I would book another spa service because of this.

2. Room Service- we wanted a late night snack on both evenings and were left with very few choices- chocolate covered strawberries, popcorn, chips and salsa. I was expecting a little more items to choose from- smoothies, juices, light appetizers. This was a little disappointing when there were times we just wanted to stay in the room and grab a bite to eat.

3. Afternoon snacks- this was my biggest annoyance overall. Since you are unable to order food between breakfast/lunch, lunch/dinner, they provide free snacks in one of the lounges. One two occasions we came down and there was nothing! Nothing was replenished on all occasions. When you are spending $1800 for two nights, you expect a cookie at least!!

Overall, we would totally come to Woodloch again. It is a far superior establishment to Mohonk-Mountain House, which we frequent about three times a year. Being an adult only establishment was also a huge selling point for us- something that Mohonk isn't.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thgreatalex

thegreatalex-

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay here at The Lodge! We are delighted you had such an enjoyable experience. We do apologize for those few points of mention that were not up to standard- we are currently addressing these matters. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to have the chance to welcome you again!

Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

This place was nearly perfect from the minute we arrived, and I am usually very picky. They offer valet, or they will drive you to and from your car. However, once parked, we never left "the compound" nor did we want to.

I'm not a spa type of person, but I love all-inclusives. Only thing extra was alcohol and spa treatments. Activities were all included such as snowshoeing, cross country skiing, and cooking demos. The gym was more than adequate, with Precor equipment. I ran 6 to 11miles a day. The indoor pool was large with 2 jacuzzis. In addition, there was an outdoor jacuzzi which I sat in every night in 9 degree weather. The sauna and steam room were also included. The Men's area had a nice lounge with a TV. I did get a regular 50min massage which was well worth it. The facilities are very clean. There is a fire pit out back perfect for sitting by with a hot chocolate at night.

The food was amazing! Actually, we are still here and I decided to write this review now! I'm not the most health conscious person when it comes to food, but I was very impressed with the meals. I could not necessarily tell I was eating "healthy" food because it all tasted so great... a different spin to the usual "spa" food. Also, the portion sizes were just right. I don't know why other reviewers were complaining. You can actually order more than one entree if you are really hungry, but I felt like I was already eating all day long... Breakfast, lunch, 3pm cooking demo in chefs kitchen, 4pm snack time in the lounge, and finally dinner! My wife is gluten free, and there are many items GF. It is actually one of the main reasons we chose to come here in the first place. They are very accommodating.

Finally, the staff is very friendly. No one was rude. Everyone was relaxed. You can wear wherever you want, including your bath robe to lunch. Also, I don't want to forget to mention the live music each night at dinner. We sat by the fire tonight listening to the music till 10pm.

All in all, this was a great getaway for 4 days... our first time here but definitely not our last. I would love to come back this summer for my birthday in June and take advantage of some kayaking and biking. This is truly a 5 star resort.

If I had to make any personal suggestions, I would like some lounge chairs by the pool to lay out on and it would be nice to add a pool table or some kind of game room...

I grew up going to Big Bear Mt right nearby, but never discovered this place till now. I will recommend this place to everyone...

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Lindsey B, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

travellingdocNYC-

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your stay here. Please don't hesitate to ask if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable. Enjoy the remainder of your visit, and we look forward to seeing you again for your birthday celebration!

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

It's rare that my wife and I repeat a vacation. But we have come to the Lodge at Woodlock for 4 years in a row now. I just feel so healthy and relaxed here. Clean air, clean food, beautiful spa. Wonderful service. All inclusive except alcohol. I highly recommend if you have kids and just want 2-3 days away to reconnect.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Lindsey B, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Edward R-

How wonderful you and your wife are able to return year after year to reconnect! The Lodge certainly is a fabulous environment in which to renew relationships. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Woodloch Pines Resort

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!