“Great Getaway from NYC”

The Lodge at Woodloch
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The Lodge at Woodloch is a rarity - upscale spa hotel just over two hours from NYC. Food was very good (excellent in fact if you are not spoiled by NYC restaurants). The hotel is very uncrowded - only 57 rooms in a large resort facility. The rooms are very nice - not quite four seasons nice - but definitely very nice. Great to just relax or workout in the many fitness classes. There is really no advantage to the "lake view" rooms in the summer - can't see the lake when the leaves are in bloom. Staff is great and accommodating. Whirlpool and Spa facility are great. Really not much to complain about other than the price tag, but even then, hard to find a comparable place even at the price.

3  Thank Picky_Traveler999
Write a ReviewReviews (1,208)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

After our first visit, a year ago to celebrate our 26th anniversary, we returned this this to celebrate our anniversary and we plan to do the same next year. There are lots of places in the world to celebrate our anniversary and we keep coming back to Woodloch. Each year gives us the opportunity to experience more of the richness of the facility. They just do everything right. From the time we arrive at the gatehouse and are greeted with a "Happy Anniversary" throughout, we experience what a class organization and facility from top to bottom the Lodge is. We even went to the show at the Pines at Woodloch which far exceeded our expectations. The food is very good, the service is outstanding, the overall ambience is outstanding. I tell everyone interested in a Woodloch-type of experience to definitely go to this jewel. I have not been interested in yoga and even took a class. Next year I'll take more and during the year will learn more about how yoga can help me. What I find so valuable about Woodloch, also, is that I incorporate things that I experience there during the course of the year, such as eating healthier or yoga, and I improve myself as a result. I will say that if you are a high intensity person who can't let go of your current lifestyle long enough to relax then this probably isn't the right place for you. However, there are plenty of guests there who are highly successful, Type A's who are open to doing some things differently than what they do every day and Woodloch is exactly what they, I need. Woodloch, keep up the great work. As another guest said, I too, am afraid that Woodloch may become too popular but I sincerely believe that the owners and managers of Woodloch will always be able to maintain the overall ambience and quality no matter what. See you next year!

3  Thank Michael E
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is my third time to the spa, and even tho it was wonderful then, it continues to improve and amaze!....from the very moment you arrive to the sad moment you must say good bye!...love, love, love this wonderful place!...the facilities are beautiful, immaculately kept and cared for....and you are made to feel like you are the only guest here!....the staff members are friendly, knowledgable and very accommodating!
They have activities for everyone, the fitness oriented or if you like, things for the nature buffs, artist, fisherman, golf, cooking demos , bike and hiking trips, paddle boards, kayaks and so much more!!!...check out their website for the extensive list of activities included in your stay...but if you choose to just relax they do that well too with their beautiful spa facilities!...again immaculately kept and well appointed...they thought of everything here!...your only effort and challenge is deciding how you want to spend your day!
I highly recommend this special place!...a must do for everyone's bucket list or annual getaway!
A great place to rekindle your love life, mother/daughter, father/son bonding time, guys or gal friend getaways...be creative and find a reason!...you will be glad you did!
You will leave here relaxed with a sense of calm and your skin feeling pampered, you may feel fit and guaranteed full from all the wonderfully prepared meals!

1  Thank June L
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Very relaxing mid week visit with girlfriends. Beautiful accommodations, tasty spa portion food, careful attention to every detail. Plenty included classes throughout the day along with spa treatments. I think a three day visit is just right. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank mariad d
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This small and beautiful resort demonstrates attention to every detail to create a truly memorable stay. The variety of classes and activities, the quality of the food, the attentive staff, and overall luxury and cleanliness of accommodations make it a place you will carry with you even when you re-enter back into your hectic everyday life. Can't recommend more highly if you are looking for an escape that will allow you to relax and discover.

4  Thank K2thefab
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great place for a girlfriend getaway! From the moment we drove up to the front door to the last good-bye to the bellman the entire staff is super friendly and willing to go above and beyond with any requests. The decor is beautiful and serene. We enjoyed the abundance of activities offered. You could be as busy as you want or just find one of the many beautiful quiet areas inside or out to unwind and relax. We loved the spa feel to the entire resort and enjoyed having breakfast in our spa robe and slippers as we prepared for our day of fun and challenging classes. I highly recommend the Great Wall of Yoga and Drums Alive! The activities change day to day and week to week so if you are staying for more than a few days you'll get plenty of variety.
The food was all organic with many vegan and gluten free dishes for those who prefer it. I found the menu diverse and the food was very good. Excellent wine list too!
The resort never felt over crowded and it was nice to run into the other guests at the spa, the classes and again in the restaurant. The age span was wide from college age girls to women in their 80's all enjoying the same classes and/or treatments. It looked like it was a good place for couples as well.
I'll be back ...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank dolcevita713
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Perhaps the timing to getaway midweek was a big factor in my rating as i found myself relaxed and having 'no worries' during my whole stay at the lodge. Most of the staff were always smiling and always ready to help-- from the property's security, valet parking, front desk, housekeeping, spa staff ( i.e. handed in pool slippers & extra large towels) , restaurant staff (i,e.Chef especially during cooking demo & our server 'mallory') , activity guides. Lots of options in terms of indoor/outdoor activities to nourish mind, body & spirit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank goodplai
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Woodloch Pines Resort

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!