“Great escape from the city”

The Lodge at Woodloch
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I recently stayed at the lodge for 4 days 3 nights. This is a great place to stay whether on your own or with friends. The rooms are lovely, comfortable and clean. The grounds are wonderful, be sure to walk to the garden and sample the vegetables right off the vine. The classes are great, something for everyone. The food was fantastic and the wait staff were always friendly and helpful! The spa facilities are kept in great shape with staff constantly cleaning and refreshing. I had one massage and I was a bit disappointed as I thought the massage was just ok. Overall, it's a great retreat to unwind and get back to center again.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room facing the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Happytotravel101

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My daughter and I had 4 treatments and they were all mediocre to blah. We were shocked because everything else about the spa is great. The facilities have a relaxed rustic elegance; the food is great - not just for a spa - but great (stay away from the dishes with soy sauce tho); and the classes are a cut above the usual spa offerings. Fab fitness classes, mind-body stuff that even a beginner could love, beautiful location in the woods (tho the lake is really a nice pond) - so we were really psyched for our treatments. Each time, we had young, sweet women who were totally inexperienced. They were following a strict script, so if you asked them to change something, like concentrate on the lower back - they were at a loss. I don't like deep tissue massage but this was a no tissue treatment, just stroking. The same happened with my daughter. And the descriptions of the treatments which promise " consultations on skin type" or "focused massage" - that did not live up to the actual treatment. However, if you are not focused on the spa treatments,or just want a body wrap, you can spend a relaxing and fun couple of days taking great classes, biking, eating great food and just decompressing. I loved that the spa only allows cell phone usage in the room and outside. it makes for a much nicer ambiance at mealtime. I do wish that the lounge chairs in the whisper lounger were more comfortable but in general the facilities were quite good.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank dp_2000NewYork
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Not to set your expectations too high, but we had a PERFECT trip. The room was great, the grounds beautiful, the activities different and interesting, the food was delicious and the spa was relaxing. The food is healthy and offers a lot of organics. Our taste buds were amazed!

We tried a variety of classes like meditation, Drums Alive, guided walks, bee keeper talks and more.

It was total relaxation and enjoyment. I highly recommend this destination, especially for couples.

1  Thank patsarah
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The Lodge at Woodloch is a rarity - upscale spa hotel just over two hours from NYC. Food was very good (excellent in fact if you are not spoiled by NYC restaurants). The hotel is very uncrowded - only 57 rooms in a large resort facility. The rooms are very nice - not quite four seasons nice - but definitely very nice. Great to just relax or workout in the many fitness classes. There is really no advantage to the "lake view" rooms in the summer - can't see the lake when the leaves are in bloom. Staff is great and accommodating. Whirlpool and Spa facility are great. Really not much to complain about other than the price tag, but even then, hard to find a comparable place even at the price.

3  Thank Picky_Traveler999
Reviewed 16 August 2014

After our first visit, a year ago to celebrate our 26th anniversary, we returned this this to celebrate our anniversary and we plan to do the same next year. There are lots of places in the world to celebrate our anniversary and we keep coming back to Woodloch. Each year gives us the opportunity to experience more of the richness of the facility. They just do everything right. From the time we arrive at the gatehouse and are greeted with a "Happy Anniversary" throughout, we experience what a class organization and facility from top to bottom the Lodge is. We even went to the show at the Pines at Woodloch which far exceeded our expectations. The food is very good, the service is outstanding, the overall ambience is outstanding. I tell everyone interested in a Woodloch-type of experience to definitely go to this jewel. I have not been interested in yoga and even took a class. Next year I'll take more and during the year will learn more about how yoga can help me. What I find so valuable about Woodloch, also, is that I incorporate things that I experience there during the course of the year, such as eating healthier or yoga, and I improve myself as a result. I will say that if you are a high intensity person who can't let go of your current lifestyle long enough to relax then this probably isn't the right place for you. However, there are plenty of guests there who are highly successful, Type A's who are open to doing some things differently than what they do every day and Woodloch is exactly what they, I need. Woodloch, keep up the great work. As another guest said, I too, am afraid that Woodloch may become too popular but I sincerely believe that the owners and managers of Woodloch will always be able to maintain the overall ambience and quality no matter what. See you next year!

3  Thank Michael E
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is my third time to the spa, and even tho it was wonderful then, it continues to improve and amaze!....from the very moment you arrive to the sad moment you must say good bye!...love, love, love this wonderful place!...the facilities are beautiful, immaculately kept and cared for....and you are made to feel like you are the only guest here!....the staff members are friendly, knowledgable and very accommodating!
They have activities for everyone, the fitness oriented or if you like, things for the nature buffs, artist, fisherman, golf, cooking demos , bike and hiking trips, paddle boards, kayaks and so much more!!!...check out their website for the extensive list of activities included in your stay...but if you choose to just relax they do that well too with their beautiful spa facilities!...again immaculately kept and well appointed...they thought of everything here!...your only effort and challenge is deciding how you want to spend your day!
I highly recommend this special place!...a must do for everyone's bucket list or annual getaway!
A great place to rekindle your love life, mother/daughter, father/son bonding time, guys or gal friend getaways...be creative and find a reason!...you will be glad you did!
You will leave here relaxed with a sense of calm and your skin feeling pampered, you may feel fit and guaranteed full from all the wonderfully prepared meals!

1  Thank June L
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Very relaxing mid week visit with girlfriends. Beautiful accommodations, tasty spa portion food, careful attention to every detail. Plenty included classes throughout the day along with spa treatments. I think a three day visit is just right. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank mariad d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Woodloch Pines Resort

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!