“Ice Creams and Egg Creams and Lobster, oh my!!”
Review of Dairy Twist

Dairy Twist
Ranked #3 of 4 Dessert in Hawley
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Ellicott City
“Ice Creams and Egg Creams and Lobster, oh my!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We saw sign advertising 24 flavors of soft ice cream at the beginning of our day's adventure.
Later we stopped and discovered even more including the large lobster on the roof. Beyond both soft serve and hard serve ice creams, malts and egg creams were on the menu. This was my first egg cream and I enjoyed it. Next to the menu was a sign that advertised lobster ice cream. I figured that this was an opportunity I shouldn't pass up. First, there's a salty taste, then the butter comes through followed by the lobster flavor. I liked that it wasn't very sweet and the more I ate, the better I liked it. This started when the ice cream business and seafood business came together in one building. With the lobster on the roof, people would joke about having lobster ice cream. When a recipe for lobster ice cream was found, the joke became a reality. Both people I spoke to were pleasant and willing to share the story of this unique ice cream. I'd stop here whenever I'm in Hawley and have more of the ice cream and maybe even another egg cream. The other people in the group were happy with their ice cream choices. This is definitely worth a stop and a taste.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank DHinEC

Scranton, Pennsylvania
“HURRY DOWN FOR SWEET TREATS & GOOD EATS! Boston Seafood Direct & Dairy Twist Hawley Pa”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Who would have thought that seafood & ice cream would go together so well? Apparently the folks at the Dairy Twist and Boston Seafood did! What a treat....reminds me of my visit to Martha's Vineyard a few summers ago. All my summertime favorites under one roof...

So there I was driving up 590...the back way to Lake Wallenpaupack to visit some buddies. I get to the traffic light at Rt 6 and out of the corner of my eye...I see this giant lobster on the roof of the Dairy Twist. I've been going there for years and never saw that before. So....curious me rolls on over. Seafood, ice cream and a guy dancing in a lobster suit. Crazy right? I decided on the Lobster roll... A hard choice between the fried scallop roll, steamed clams, and fried calamari. I grabbed a menu to look over while I waited...they have live lobsters & clams to take home & cook or eat there...live lobsters! I asked the girl to look at one....and sure enough a not too happy live lobster wiggled as I looked through the window. So I got my order and the Lobster roll was delish...toasty buttered bun...chunks of lobster meat with a creamy mayo dill sauce and a little drizzle of butter...a little slice of heaven IMO. Just WOW. As a foodie and chef...they are doing it right!

My dessert was a turtle sundae....hot fudge, hot caramel and a generous portion of soft vanilla custard...plus walnuts, whipped cream and the girls gave me extra cherries! And yes...great smiles from them too. Just to make you aware...Ice cream is in the front...seafood is on the side.

The two are making the summer that much sweeter and tastier. So thumbs up from a picky chef and foodie. They are only there until Labor Day ...so hurry up before Summer is over...and you don't have to drive to New England for a lobstah! You will totally thank me.

2 Thank TravelChefLive
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Stay Away!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Service is horrible, kids that work there have no respect for anyone, just down right rude. Food is expensive for what you get. $13.00 for a lobster roll??? Give me a break!!!

Honesdale, Pennsylvania
“Employees need to learn some manners!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have Parkinsons so for those whom don't know about this disease..we suffer from tremors, weakness, shaking and when i asked lady behind counter today for more napkins, she sighed and only handed me one napkin. I again asked for more . She told me there are about 3 wrapped around the cone already. The napkins are cheap, so for three napkins it equals in my eyes as one. I don't understand why this place has to be so stingy on the napkins. Plus i don't want to have to go through the whole spiel of my suffering from Parkinson's and have to explain why I need more napkins in front of other customers. Customer service there needs to have more compassion and not sigh or wonder why people request things nor give an attitude.

I will never go back there but if I should you can be sure I will be holding my ipod to record any problems again and post it to youtube.

4 Thank Shar O
Hawley, Pennsylvania
“Ehhh I won't go back.”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The staff was friendly but my shake was soft serve could've gone to a drive thru joint for that. Disappointed!

• Visited April 2014