“Feel the adrenaline !!”

Sunset Hill Shooting Range
More attraction details
Owner description: Sunset Hill Shooting Range has been serving the shooting community of Pennsylvania and surrounding areas for more than 70 years. Whether you're a novice or experienced shooter, our instructors and staff are ready to assist you. At Sunset Hill Shooting Range we gladly welcome first-time shooters, casual shooters, hunters, law enforcement and military personnel, and anyone else who has any interest in shooting. We put safety first and our friendly and knowledgeable instructors are eager to provide assistance and instruction for all of our customers, no matter their skill level. With more than 100 different guns that are available for use every day we are sure to have the novelty weapons that you have been wanting to shoot such as a Desert Eagle, many different caliber Glocks, AR-15 and an AK-47. Stop by the Sunset Hill Shooting Range and enjoying your shooting outing at our pistol, rifle, or trap range.
Reviewed 30 March 2014

IF your looking for a quick walk to the firing line, this is the place ,great instructor's they take their time to explain safety , you can shot anything from 9mm x ak47. I took my two boys and within five minutes we were shooting 357 x ak47, all worth $150 .

1  Thank Richard N
in 8 reviews
"bullets"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I really had no idea what to expect walking in to a gun range in Pennsylvania, being a city slicker and all. But we had so much fun at the Sunset Hill Range on the first day of our trip to the Poconos that we went back on the last day for more. Both of our instructors were extremely knowledgeable and emphasized safety. I was extremely comfortable both from a safety standpoint and also didn't feel belittled or teased in any way. They taught us proper techniques so we could get the most out of every shot. It is pricey, but we were willing to pay for such a unique experience. Will definitely go back at some point.

3  Thank Samantha S
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I'm from Texas and I LOVE this range. It's large with several booths and tons of options including handguns, lots of rifles, my favorite is the AR-15 sniper rifle. It is super cheap. I get my shootings worth around $50 and that includes multiple guns and rifles!!

1  Thank StilaTraveler
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Really pricey if you're renting but boy is it fun! It's nice that they allow children over 12 to rent and shoot with an adult and that they have certified instructors on site who work with people. I grew up around firearms and spent 13 years in the Army but living in California, there's only so much fun my children and I can have. It was nice for my daughter to be able to fire some of the weapons that I did, and to experience firing larger caliber rifles as well. She loved the Remington 700 chambered in .308 and it would have been hard for her to experience that short of my buying one here locally.

Thanks for the memories!

1  Thank josephmclain
See more reviews
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I've been coming to this range for a few years. We've always been on the public side and the instructors we've had were always patient, professional and emphasized gun safety. I've never seen any problems in the times I've ben here.

The best time to come is when they open at 10am. Even 10:30am is alright. You'll see the crowds getting larger by 11:30 and can expect to wait longer to register, to wait for an Instructor and for an available bay to shoot whereas if you arrive earlier you'll have more time to enjoy what you came here for, namely, to shoot, and not just standing around.

Earlier this year I've been bringing my wife on average about once a month, to use the private side of the range,since she doesn't yet have a pistol permit. As always there is always an instructor nearby if you have any questions, problems, or need some shooting tips.

3  Thank GhostmanNewYork