“Great Stop on a long Journey - Dog Friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Hermitage

Quality Inn Hermitage
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hermitage
New York City, New York
“Great Stop on a long Journey - Dog Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

I stopped here because I had to get a rental car from Chicago to New Jersey in less that 24 hours.

After 9 hours of driving, I was in need of respite, but I didn't want to stop in Youngstown, PA because it was 1am and I found Youngstown a bit dodgy the last time I stopped there.

So I continued on and discovered this Quality Inn in Hermitage, PA, which is about an hour beyond Youngstown.

Although I only stopped for a few hours of rest, they were very accommodating. I was able to get in and out efficiently, and was even able to enjoy the breakfast at 6am before taking off.

The best part was that they are extremely dog friendly. They are so dog friendly that there was a dog show in town when I stopped with my dog and the hotel was full of dog owners.

The person at the front desk was very friendly and even though they were full to capacity for their dog rooms, I explained my dilema (Chicago to New York in 24 hours) and they made it work.

The only bummer was that there was still stuff in the room when I got to it. But I was so tired and on such a limited time frame that I didn't care.

Additionally, I was told that the next town that I could stop in was another two hours, when really it was only a half hour away. It was time for me to stop, but I didn't appreciate being told something that wasn't true.

My dog and I ate dinner, slept well, ate breakfast and got back on the road all within 6 hours. I was awake, refreshed and able to get the car to New York in time.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

Apparently, they missed the memo. This is the worst run hotel I've ever stayed in, as well as most dated, and most disgusting. The only thing they did right, was the cleaning service seems to do a great job in the room.

The Bathroom is all yellow, and you can barely fit on the toilet.. Aside from that, the staff at the front desk was completely useless when we gave them concerns over a leaking toilet (when flushed), and a leaking sink (when running).. Neither issue was fixed. Then when power went out at midnight, and some fire alarm goes off, we're guessing someone was smoking in a non-smoking room? The entire place REEKS of smoke, and musty ness. They have MAJOR water leak issues that they seem not-willing to repair.

We wound up leaving, but they told us they couldn't give a refund because we booked thru Kayak, after calling corporate on Choice Hotels, we found out otherwise, and that the manager on duty, AND staff at the front desk, had lied to us entirely. I am going to demand a full refund, or they will probably wind up in small claims court or something.

Wrote up my ENTIRE story: http://bnet.cc/hotel.htm if you want to read it.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tagban

Travellers are raving about these Hermitage hotels

Bucks County, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

Stayed here for a weekend while visiting family and admittedly chose the hotel based mostly on price/location. You get what you pay for as the saying goes. Front desk staff were pleasant enough and check in was quick. We had a non-smoking room but had to get through dingy hallways that absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke before we entered our room. Thankfully the room didn't smell of smoke and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was tiny and circa 1975 with harvest gold/yellow fixtures and floor.

The room was relatively clean but housekeeping was spotty. They came to clean the room while we were out and emptied the trash, but took the used towels without replacing them and didn't make the bed. Maybe they were interrupted and meant to return to finish but forgot?

The included breakfast was awful...coffee was empty, waffle batter empty, yogurt not refrigerated, there were some type of flat yellow disc that we assumed were eggs only because they were next to the dried up microwave sausage patties. We left and went to Bob Evans up the road, thereby negating any savings we had on the room.

The hotel is pet friendly and we would only considering staying here again if we were traveling with our dog and needed a pet friendly hotel, but if it were just the two of us we would pay the extra $ and go elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BLH613
Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Worst Quality Inn I've ever stayed in. The bar/night club clientele set the tone and made you sure to remove anything of worth from your vehicle. Not worth the price. Bad when the Econo Lodge's rating is higher than the Quality Inn.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank rk821
Racine, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

We needed to stay in a pet friendly hotel so you always take your chances. This place had friendly staff and placed us near an exit which is good for pet owners. The place is old but clean and passed my wife's test. The room we stayed in was in need of renovation but the beeding was good and the room was adequate. One of the wings of the hotel is closed which made my wife think of "The Shining" but in the end, the stay was good. The breakfast was good and the dinner the night before from the attached Italian restaurant was good as well.
All in all, not up to the Quality Inn standards we have stayed in the past but adequate for an overnight.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank WinstonB261
Durand, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

Stayed here overnight while traveling. Cheap price, but got what paid for. Rooms and entire hotel in need of renovation. Room was clean, but very old in all respects. Was hoping for more from the Quality brand but was let down here. Do not recommend!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Amy M
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

After reading the negative reviews, we were not sure if we want to stay in this hotel initially. We took our chance and book this hotel because the rate was reasonable, the drive to Grove City Premium Outlets was not far, and we have two kids and want a hotel with free breakfast. The receptionist was quite friendly and knowledgeable. We got our room in the second floor. The air conditioning was in full blast when we walked into our room; very nice since the outside temperature was around 28 deg. C. The room and the beds were very clean. Lots of clean towels and hot water. Next morning at 8am, we went down for breakfast, not expecting much in terms of food and quality. Were we wrong! Not only were there lot of space to sit, but also lots of hot food and drinks. The kitchen constantly bringing out food so the supply was always full - I was very impressed. If you're traveling with kids to Grove City, want a reasonably price hotel with free breakfast, don't mind the slightly run down carpets and hallways, this is the hotel for your family!

Room Tip: Room 210. No veiw - window facing court yard
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank thelazybee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermitage
Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage
Econo Lodge Hermitage
Econo Lodge Hermitage
#4 of 4 in Hermitage
BEST WESTERN Penn-Ohio Inn & Suites

Been to Quality Inn Hermitage? Share your experiences!