“Quality? Not really... just so-so”

Quality Inn Hermitage
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hermitage
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Quality? Not really... just so-so”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I have really mixed feelings about this place. The amenities are acceptable (furnishing, flat TV, firm bed, etc.) But my 1st night, I found lots of lady's long hair on the bathroom floor. Worse was that the shower drain was clogged !! I had them clean it all, then it was okay. Free WiFi, but its unstable at times. Free Breakfast, but it's not continental by any definition. The problem with this place is their staff -- they are either too inexperienced, or too young. That goes for housecleaning as well as front desk management. It's okay to stay here, but not sure if it deserves the full price. Find a coupon for discounts if you really want to stay here. I hope the Licenser of this hotel chain will come and stay here to see for themselves.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ellin2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Vallejo, California
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I had a great time at this hotel its like a one stop shop got a room and didn't have to leave the hotel for dinner restraunt on site and a bar for a night cap. Front desk staff so friendly next time i through this town i will only stay here price was great too and the breakfast hot food can't beat that.

Room Tip: First floor great
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lee J
Wellsville, Kansas
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Stayed for two (2) nights in early September. Staff was good, rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, breakfast was good. While traveling through that part of the state I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Canton, Mississippi
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This appears to be an old Holiday Inn built in the 70's. We stayed here 2 nights in July, 2012 while visiting friends. We had never been there before some of the better hotels weren't available. There was a high school reunion and wedding going on that weekend. The worse thing about the hotel was the smell. It smelled moldy and the carpet always felt damp. The shower/tub area had visible mold and mildew throughout the grout. I kept a headache from the mold anytime we were in the room. The breakfast was normal, fine for what we paid. There is no pool. There once was one but it had been filled in leaving an odd grassy area in the courtyard between the 4 wings...no landscaping to make it look like a garden, just grass. We won't stay in this hotel again when we visit. We will travel to another town in necessary.

Room Tip: No suggestions...try to find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MAMCBE2002

Travellers are raving about these Hermitage hotels

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

Property is dated but not horrible. Room was clean. Grouchy front desk help at check-in, different ungrumpy front desk help at check-out. No pool or workout area. Flat screen TV is nice. Did not eat at the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 August 2012

While traveling cross-country, I found myself in a position where I needed to take what I could get (hotel wise). To be brief: This cut-rate motel tried to put me into a room that was already occupied. Then, put me into a smoking room with dirty (not stained) sheets! The did provide me with clean sheets. I guess I should have known when I walked in and saw a motorcycle parked in one of the hallways? Did I mention that the rate was $105 per night? The carpets were dirty, the bathrooms were circa 1969, the walls were filthy... I was afraid to remove my shoes.

This hotel is opporated by the lowest of the low. The entire hotel is worn and badly in need of renovation... I've stayed in nicer/better/cleaner for $29.99 per night. No "quality" here.

I did complain on checkout and was given a $50 discount... It wasn't enough.

STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Scott C
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I enjoyed my down like comforter on the bed. Contemporary design, coffee in the room, really comfortable. Breakfast was really good. They had someone working the area who made eggs, you could make your own waffles.... more expansive than most continental breakfasts. I would definitely stay there again and consider Quality Inn in other cities.
Sent my co driver in first to get a room rate and he got quoted $75 and the guy would not budge. Went down the street for a louse dinner at a near by diner and came back. Shift change got 2 rooms at $67 with tax each.... So try again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermitage
Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage
Econo Lodge Hermitage
Econo Lodge Hermitage
#4 of 4 in Hermitage
Best Western Penn-Ohio Inn & Suites

Been to Quality Inn Hermitage? Share your experiences!