“Great for a night”

Quality Inn Hermitage
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hermitage
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I spent a night here, on our way to Chicago.

Since it was just for a night, the factors I looked for were free Wifi, free breakfast and free parking. This place had all three.

The lobby was nicely done up and welcoming, unlike the depressing receptions you find in many budget hotels. The staff that we interacted with were very courteous.

The internet speed wasn't too great. I didn't mind it for a night, but if I had to work from the hotel room, as I have done in the past, it may have posed a problem.

I thought the breakfast was pretty good, when compared to what I found in a few other hotels of similar range. They probably should have selected a bigger room for the purpose though.

We didn't need to use it but the place also had a coin laundry, which I thought was nice. This is besides the in room laundry service.

The room was clean, the bed very comfortable, and the bathroom was adequate.

Their restaurant is not functional but there are a bunch of places to eat close by including a 24 hour diner.

If we drive through this area again, I wouldn't mind spending another night here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
DeborahD343, General Manager at Quality Inn Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at The Quality Inn. We really do work so hard to make this a nice place for travelers such as yourself. I hope you stay on your way back this way, we will be happy to have you. Thank you for your kind words.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Hermitage

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I must admit to some trepidation when pulling up to this hotel. While there had been some good commentary, there were also some real horror stories.

But after a very nice two-night stay here, I can't understand what people found so terrible about this place.

The hotel was obviously a former Holiday Inn, so it had the big rooms of the 60s, but very nicely upgraded. The carpeting looked new, and while the furniture had a few dings, it was certainly not old and shopworn. And the facility was clean throughout.

True, the bathroom sported colors of the 70s, but everything worked just fine. (Besides, fashion runs in cycles, and gold may come back as a hip color.) The bathroom did, however, show signs of incomplete renewal, as there was obvious patching to the ceiling, which was faux stucco or something, which was big in the 60s and 70s, and which I hope will never come back. However, it didn't interfere with my wife and I getting ready in the morning.

The air conditioning was wonderful, and the TV worked just fine. I particularly like the new fashion of a comforter-style blanket, instead of the traditional blanket.

The breakfast was not exciting, but certainly adequate, with selections other than carbohydrate bombs. I appreciated having eggs available.

The front desk was very accommodating, especially when I requested extra towels, and the whole place was quite comfortable. The location right on the highway was very convenient. As it was once the old Holiday Inn "courtyard" style, there looks like there had been a swimming pool, but now it is a lawn area. (Outside pools seem to be becoming an endangered species in areas with cold winters.)

I have no problem recommending Quality Inn Hermitage.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LKTravelerboy
Debbie D, General Manager at Quality Inn Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you so much for your awesome review, I am pleased to see there are still people willing to over look our lovely bathrooms, they are being renovated this year, I know you are disappointed we wont have harvest gold toilets anymore lol. All joking aside I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again. Thanks so much for staying with us.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

he property seemed like it was a old Holiday Inn converted into a Quality Inn, which the property seemed like it has not been updated since then. The property had a lot of cosmetic issues like water marks on the ceiling and wall paper pealing. These issues did not cause any problems with our stay.

The hotel room looked cleaned, but had a strange smell. The air just seemed stale.

The Breakfast wasn't bad, but not great. It was a standard continental breakfast with waffles, cereal, eggs that were heated in the microwave, sausage, hard boiled eggs, juice, and coffee/tea.

Lastly, it appears that they advertise a restaurant on property but it appears to be permintely closed.

Overall the property was dated, the staff made do with what they had to work with, and the price was right for what you got in return.

Room Tip: Do not take a room in the back hallway bad internet connectivity.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
DeborahD343, General Manager at Quality Inn Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

WOW! This hotel was built originally as a Holiday Inn, however, we have made several updates. Just in the past 3 years we have totally remodeled the lobby and front desk, and put new carpeting in the hallways, and just this year we have painted all the doors. The breakfast room is also new and I think we have a pretty good breakfast. I do have a great staff and they try to do whatever they can do give our guest a comfortable stay.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Everything was fine until 10 o'clock at night when the party started the volume just getting louder and louder and louder so 3 a.m. Had to call the front desk 3 times before they answered and then had to go down to the desk because of the noise.

We will NEVER be staying in one of these again that it was

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

I am so sorry about the noise the weekend you stayed with us. These types of things are far from the norm, we are usually a very quiet and peaceful hotel. I have taken measures to assure that there is no way for this to occur again. In fact all events in the baquet room have an 11PM no noise clause in their contracts now. If you are traveling through this way again please give us another chance.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Amazing, friendly service, yummy breakfast waffles and clean rooms. I got my money's worth that's for sure! We were only here overnight on our way to grove city, but the service was amazing, it was right off the highway and the wifi worked great. The only downside is that the heater emitted a really weird smell when it was turned on but it didn't last long, so I wont complain too much about it and the beds were comfortable enough to make up for it. Fridge and microwave were a lifesaver! Met my expectations!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
DeborahD343, General Manager at Quality Inn Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, we have worked hard to put together a great staff. I am so proud of them and I am very happy you were so pleased with your stay, Thank you

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

For the price I paid, I am thoroughly impressed. The service was friendly and we had a clean room. Decent breakfast plus a steady WiFi. What more for a stop before continuing a journey or hitting the outlet malls. Highly, highly recommend this place.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are proud of our hotel and are working everyday to make it a great stay

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

The staff was friendly but seemed to have their children running all over the hotel while working. Doors were extremely loud and had difficulty getting a good nights sleep with this in addition to very noisy neighbors in the hotel multiple nights. Nice breakfast bar and coffee in the lobby. The restaurant and bar connected to the hotel are both closed down.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Ars1300

Everyone loves our staff they are great and work hard to make your stay as comfortable as possible

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermitage
Park Inn by Radisson Sharon, PA
#1 of 4 in West Middlesex
Travelodge Hubbard OH
Travelodge Hubbard OH
#1 of 3 in Hubbard

Been to Quality Inn Hermitage? Share your experiences!