“Not a bad place at all!”

Royal Motel - Hermitage
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hermitage
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We booked this Motel as we were heading to Pittsburgh to see a Steelers game over a weekend. We wanted to get some shopping done and found this place in a good spot at a good price.

1. Value: We stayed 2 nights at this place and didn't pay much at all! If you want to spend more on shopping or football, stay here!
2. Location. This place was an hour away from Pittsburgh, 1/2 hour from the Grove City outlets and right in front of a mall! I mean you can get to all 3 easily! I was very impressed with where it was located.
3. Room itself: When I saw where it was located, I was sure I was going to hear cars all night. This didn't happen. The room was very quiet and had a very comfortable bed. The TV and furniture is a bit outdated but the owner doesn't charge much and everything works fine.
4. The Owner/Manager: He was very friendly and more then happy to answer any questions we had. I even noticed him cleaning in the morning. Seems like he does it all and he does it well.

Overall this was perfect for what we wanted on our trip. If you want a weekend of football and shopping, this is a great place!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wayner76

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The owner is very pleasant and you can't beat the price of this motel. It is clean and we slept well. Room has a fridge and microwave. Coffee is available in the lobby in the morning. Would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank majnc
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, Beds are comfortable and clean, room was clean, Free wifi, A bit much on the air freshener in the room, but perfect for the a quick stay when on the road. Not much to do in the town, but I Would recommend to those passing through!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank nicde
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I travel for business and I found the Royal Motel in Hermitage PA to be a good value. Very reasonable rates, clean, comfortable and the wi-fi worked. My room had a micro-fridge. I appreciate the old style-rooms that allow you to park in front of your room. Nothing fancy, but more than I usually get for $50. I will stay here again on my nect trip to Hermitage PA.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank foto_johnyoc
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The room was very clean and comfortable. Great bang for you buck! The outside is no refection to the great service and cozy, clean rooms! The owners/operators take great care of their customers and rooms. Would stay again and recommend.

Room Tip: Too add sample shampoo and conditoner for guest to use.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank SusanOct1713
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I can't believe that I believed in so many other reviewers of this shabby place! I spent a year in Vietnam as a Navy Medical Advisor in the boonies of South Vietnam, and this place would rate below the places I have stayed in, even in outlying islands! I hesitate to say third world, but this comes close. Let me list the reasons:
Basic dead bolt, no other security. Bathroom light was not reliable.
Door to the bathroom binded and made a grating sound when closing. Small refrigerator cycling on and off jars you awake periodically. (We had to plug it in to make it work.)
Signed in on-line for a king bed, but were told on check - in that the maintenance man, who was supposedly revamping such rooms, was sick and so there weren't any king bed rooms available. Nice smiles just don't cut it. Alarm bells should have sent us to Plan B. Unfortunately, other Trip Advisors people had turned us away from the nearby motels due to their lack of cleanliness. Just what is wrong with Hermitage anyway?
Forget any in-room niceties except for the noisy refrigerator. Yes, some lights did work. Just think of the Bates Motel. It was very close (15 feet away) to the street traffic, which subsided eventually. We turned on the AC for white noise, and set it for a certain number of hours to carry us through the night, but for some reason it shut down then turned itself back on hours later.
I have NEVER seen such a bathroom fixture as what there was there. Maybe from the 50's? Restricted to PA? Yes, it did work, as did the shower. The bed was reasonably comfortable.
The room was cheap.
There is no really close by restaurant in SAFE walking distance.
If you are doing a documentary on what motels were like in the late 40's and early 50's, then this place is for you! Otherwise, unless you are forced off the highway due to blizzard conditions, sleep in your car.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard R
Reviewed 5 September 2013

As we visit this motel more frequently, the manager gave us good deal on price without reducing any facilities. They are planning to give good facilities to all guests, and also regular guests can save more money on top of that, like we did. Room includes all basic facilities like, clean sink, bathtub, towels, bed, good air conditioning, nice smell, insect free carpet. I personally like chair and table set to study when I am off from work. All good restaurants and malls are near by. Its a wonderful stay every time for us and now we are saving some money also.
Wish you wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Paulk R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermitage
Econo Lodge Hermitage
Monroe Heights Hotel
#4 of 4 in Grove City
Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage
Cobblestone Hotel and Suites Greenville

Been to Royal Motel - Hermitage? Share your experiences!