“Christmas in Hershey”

GreenLeadersGold level
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
“Christmas in Hershey”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

At first I thought it was a little pricey for the room but the service you receive is better than we have ever experienced. It is probably the most elegant hotel we have ever stayed at. I loved the feel of the older and very well taken care of building. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who wants the feel of the old time Christmas experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandy2016
HersheyResorts, General Manager at The Hotel Hershey, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Sandy2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We appreciate feedback from our guests. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the service of our staff and the atmosphere of the Hotel during the Christmas season.

We look forwarding to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This was our first stay at Hotel Hershey. We got the Christmas package that including the room for one night, milk and cookies, 4 tickets to candylane and one car ticket to sweet lights. We had a very nice time I would definitely stay again and recommended it. Ill review it a more extensively below.
We arrived early on Sunday December 8th at 11:30am because the weather was going to be bad that night and we wanted to get as much in as we could. We were very excited that we were able to check in our room early. The front desk girl at that time was very nice and gave us all candy bars.
The room was small but nice. The suggestions I would give to the hotel would be another chest of drawers since there was only one small one for four if us, definitely not enough if we were staying more than one night. There was a huge armour under the tv with the fridge and safe in it. I'd rather have another set of drawers and keep the safe and fridge in the closet. There was only one small shampoo bottle for the four of us. Def not enough . We called down and they brought up more right away.
Since we had never stayed here before we had questions about the restaurants, how to get around, etc. there is really not enough material in the room about the restaurants. No menu or detailed descriptions. I went down and spoke to the same blonde front desk girl each time. I won't give her name on here but if the hotel is interested in improving their customer service I could describe her to them. She was very short with me and offered no suggestions or extra help and seemed annoyed I was even asking. For instance, we didn't realize Harvest restaurant was not connected to the hotel and we would have to walk there. We had no idea how to get there and her explanation was it was right around the corner then go outside and you'll see it. Huh? I had no idea what she meant. After consulting the map of the hotel and finally asking a bellhop we figured it out on our own. Also, milk and cookie delivery was built into our package. we still hadn't received the cookies and the kids were really looking forward to it. So I had to speak to the same front desk girl again who seemed like she had no idea why I thought we were getting that then transferred me over to the concierge. They said they would send them up at 8:00pm that evening.
We called Harvest around 4pm to make dinner reservations for that evening. They said they only had 6:30 and 745pm available. We took the 6:30. We really didn't want to wait that long so I went on Open Table to see if that was really all that was available. There was a 430 open so I took that. I'm not sure why they didn't give us that when we called??? It said dress was resort casual but I wasn't sure how to dress since all day we saw many adults and kids at the hotel VERY dressed up. No idea what to make of it and I was afraid to ask the front desk anything else. We were dressed fine in nice jeans, boots and sweaters.
The kids went in the indoor pool that night. It was very nice and the locker room was nice with lots of amenities. They are closing and renovating it in January so I'm not sure what will change.
On Monday we had breakfast in the Circular. Again not sure we would be dressed appropriately but it seemed casual. The buffet was very good.
We did the free historic hotel tour with Albert. This might be our favorite part of the trip! Albert is a longtime employee and very knowledgable of all the history. Our kids loved it especially my youngest daughter who is 9.
We shopped a little in the gift shops and bought little trinkets. Checkout was smooth. Front desk was very helpful this day.
Like I said, we would definitely go back and next time we will be more tuned in to where everything is so it will be less confusing.

Room Tip: Our room 201 had an excellent view. It was at the end of the hallway so may not be good for people w...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank lunalovegoodpotter
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 8 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Came to Hershey for the RM car auction. The Lodge is nice but the hotel is nicer. More amenities and service is great. Rooms are a good size and comfortable. There's chocolate at every turn. Great for a convention. The bar in the Lodge is very warm and a great place for happy hour.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We decided to spend the weekend and go to a concert. I am sitting in my expensive room listening to the staff dump trash into the compactor. Yes my room is right above the trash area. From 7 AM til 10 PM we get to listen to continual banging and noise. We made our reservation months ago and still get the worst room. We complained to management, but received no satisfaction. Probably would not return.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kgmcgrath
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My husband and I spent a long weekend in Hershey and decided to stay at The Hotel Hershey after great recommendations. We stayed in one of the smaller rooms, so while it was a little tight it was sufficient. The bathroom was also on the smaller side, but we managed. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. The gardens on the property were beautiful. There were also hiking trails which we explored. Unfortunately the pool was already closed for the season so we didn't get to have that experience. Our only complaint would be that smoking is allowed on the outside deck/patio. We were enjoying a nice relaxing afternoon out on it when second-hand smoke blew our way. Even if I wasn't pregnant it would have been a nuisance to us. I think it's something management should seriously look into.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ourfamilystravels14
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I wanted to go here for my birthday so my daughter and son-in-law took us. Our meals were fabulous! The wine my son-in-law chose was a great California wine. The renovations and the decorations were wonderful. Hershey is a magical place any time of the year and the hotel is fabulous at Christmas time. And, the staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 December 2013

You have not lived in the United States of America until you take yourself and family to the sweetest place on earth, Hotel Hersey! The spa is terrific, elegant and so relaxing, the food is out of this world at Trevi, the rooms are so sweet and they have crystal everywhere.. its a girls dream!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank katie d
HersheyResorts, General Manager at The Hotel Hershey, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear katie d,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Hotel Hershey over Thanksgiving. Thank you very much for your kind remarks.

We hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Hershey.