“Superlative service”
Review of The Hotel Hershey

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
The Hotel Hershey
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our recent trip to the Hotel Hershey immensely - exceptional service throughout from the time we pulled up until the time we left. The food at the onsite restaurants is excellent as are the waitstaff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lsimonetta

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My kids, ages 11 and 13 and I enjoyed our first visit to Hotel Hershey so much that we did not want to leave. Not only is the hotel beautiful the staff was so accommodating.

I purchased a 4 day package. This included Hershey park, Hershey museum, and Hershey garden tickets and breakfast for my kids. We ate breakfast at the Circular every morning. The buffet had so much food; even fresh eggs/omelets. I asked for the same waitress as she was so personable and warm. Her name is Stephanie. Being that I work in a customer service related field I appreciated her very much. With that said, actually all the staff was great!

The shuttle service is a wonderful perk! They also have free valet service. The hotel even offered to have a driver drive us to the museum!(the shuttle only takes you to Hershey Park and Chocolate World). Hershey park was very clean. My kids and I have been to many amusement parks on all of the East coast and obviously you are going to do a lot of walking however Hershey park has a lot of hills and bridges so be prepared to do some extra walking work. Consequently we slept very well due to all the walking and activities :)

The outdoor pool was so fabulous!! The entrance to the pool is beach style and only goes up to 3.5ft. It has 2 nice size slides. The food at poolside is pretty good and their Reese peanut butter cup martini is sooooo good.

The beds were very comfortable. The room was very clean. And the view from my room was breathtaking.

As we were packing up to leave I called guest services to ask them if there was a gas station near by that would pump my gas as I have never pumped my own gas. She let me know that they are all self-serve and then offered to have one of the Hotel drivers to help me fill my tank! I graciously declined and figured it out myself.

We plan to visit again in December.

I could actually go on and on about our stay as we enjoyed it very much!
Thanks for he wonderful experience Hotel Hershey!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Chrise A
Hershey Enterta... R, General Manager at The Hotel Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Chrise A,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of The Hotel Hershey. I am very happy to hear that you and your children enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and it is nice to hear from our guests that we have succeeded in providing them with a great experience.

I hope that you have the opportunity to return for another visit in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I just returned from a 2 night stay at the Hotel Hershey, in one of their ridiculously large and luxurious King Cottage rooms. All amenities were there, including a small flatscreen mounted in the bathroom above the soaking tub, and an electric fireplace. The housekeeping service was meticulously detail oriented, going so far as to leave us two york peppermint patties on our pillow at night, and putting a nice relaxing jazz music station on the clock radio for when we returned!

The front desk was perfect in accommodating any requests, and made our 'babymoon' trip relaxing, enjoyable and memorable!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matt L

Dear Matt L,

I am glad to hear that you and your wife had an enjoyable "babymoon" trip to The Hotel Hershey.
It sounds like a relaxing weekend is just what you needed.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a future visit.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My bff and I stayed here as part of her bachelorette weekend, and had a wonderful time. Everything about this hotel is fun, opulent and exciting.

We were taken with how helpful the staff were -- especially the concierge, who was amazing. We also loved the drivers, who helped us amazinging in navigating our busy weekend schedule and were always there to drop us off or pick us up. It was truly decadent to be waited on hand and foot. I could get used to that!

This was not my first time at this hotel, although it's been years. I'll be back soon!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ejill
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We wanted a hotel that would give us parents a deserved break while still being good for the kids.

My family of 4 stayed 4 nights in a room w 2 queen beds with a great view of the fountain/garden area. It was the week of Memorial Day and I felt like we had the place to ourselves. We asked for a pack and play for our 1 year old and they brought it right up. The room was very big and we had plenty of room. The valet and bellhops were quick and helpful. Our room package included admission to Hershey Park, Hershey Gardens, and The Hershey Story. Anything purchase on the hotel grounds could be charged to your room.

We ate at all 3 restaurants. We went to The Circular each morning for the breakfast buffet. There was an omelet bar, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, toast, fruit, yogurt, etc. There was plenty to choose from and it was all very good with a clean presentation. The Circular we were told is a little more formal in the evenings. We did not go there in the evenings.

The Harvest restaurant was our favorite. All the meals included at least one local ingredient. I got the Yuengling fish and chips one day, and the fish was perfect. It was the right color, tender, delicious. It went well with my beer. The next time, for an app, I got the chocolate bbq wings. They were an intriguing flavor. They weren't super chocolaty, but there was a hint of it there that really added something.

We also went to Trevi 5, which was the Italian restaurant. This one was not on par with Harvest. My wife couldn't even eat her meal (which they did take off the bill), and mine was fine, but we expected more.

The pool was great. There is no real deep part, so having the 5 year old all over it wasn't a problem. There are also 2 water slides, a kiddie splash area, and an adult pool area with a whirlpool. There is poolside service for food and drinks.

Near the pool in the evening was a plaza where they had games for kids to play. We also found ourselves after dinner one night roasting smores and playing mini golf. This is also near where the Cocoa Clubhouse was. We left the kids here one day and they had a blast. They played games, they drew pictures, they fed the fish, they played on the playground, they provided lunch... my 5 ear old wanted to go back the next day. The one year old needed a babysitter, which was arranged by the concierge.

This allowed us to have a spa day. Despite the hotel not being very busy that week, there was very little available while trying to schedule 2 days early... so plan ahead. I got a massage, and my wife got a scrub and a manicure. There is a restaurant for spa customers where everyone just goes down and hangs out in their robes. It was fun.

We caught some rain one night, and on our way back to our room, a girl was announcing Chocolate Bingo down the hall. This was fun for everyone, and there was plenty of chocolate being won and handed out left and right.

To get to the parks, there is a shuttle you can catch every 20-30 minutes depending on traffic.

If you plan on a trip to Hershey, there is no reason to stay elsewhere other than price. The rooms here were between $250-$400 depending on the day. We felt like we were taken care of, getting to and from everywhere was easy, and we plan on returning in a few years.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank forktie76
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Despite being a very old hotel, it is extremely well maintained. I wonder if the rooms were renovated recently, as mine was in tip-top condition. The only give-away was the ancient air conditioning/heating unit. It was rather nostalgic to be able to turn knobs and not have to figure out remote controls.

This hotel was full of good old charm. I can't wait for my daughter to grow up and bring her here (and to the Hershey amusement park). She already loves Kisses and Reese's, and I am sure she will be tickled pink at the sight of a Kiss-shaped lamp-post and a street called chocolate avenue....

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rokugatsu
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My family loved the experience . Grandkids had an amazing time . The shuttle to the park was the only down side it took a while to get the shuttle fro the hotel to the park in the morning . But after that everything was top shelf. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family