“A stay as sweet as chocolate...”
Review of The Hotel Hershey

The Hotel Hershey
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
GreenLeadersGold level
New York, NY
“A stay as sweet as chocolate...”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We weren't expecting the four seasons, but everything was great! Went to Hershey with young children and had connecting room with my parents. Rooms were clean and well appointed. All service was nice and friendly from valet to bell hops to front desk and housekeeping. The hotel could use new beds (ours was saggy) but comfortable enough, and more elevators would be nice. We ate at Trevi 5, The Circular, Harvest. All above our expectations. Good food and mixed but decent service! All kid friendly but still nice. My husband loved the chocolate BBQ sauce and chef sold some to us and shared the recipe! We took shuttle to and from hersheypark and drivers were always friendly and helpful. Never had to wait too long. Hotel was good/accommodating for strollers. We didn't partake in the spa or the kids club, but spent some time at the pool and it was great- zero entry and lots of fun for the kids. Great slide! And an adult pool if you want to avoid the kids! We really had a great stay and will return next year. Want to try Falconry program next time! Beautiful and fun place.

Stayed June 2014
Hershey Enterta... R, General Manager at The Hotel Hershey, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear StuckinNY,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Hotel Hershey. I am glad to hear that you had a nice stay with your family and that you enjoyed the restaurants, as well as the pool.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The service and food is fantastic. I was there in the beginning of June and the weather was perfect. Lush green hills and trees everywhere made this place a wonder to look at, especially towards the back of the property with the koi ponds and the Harvest building.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank jackusmaximus
Virginia
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Meticulous attention to detail. Beautiful setting. A typical meal in the restaurant is over $40. The choice of indoor or outdoor pools is nice. Restaurants are located in the main building or a short walk to a separate building. Exercise area is well stocked, clean, and convenient.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendie F
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our recent trip to the Hotel Hershey immensely - exceptional service throughout from the time we pulled up until the time we left. The food at the onsite restaurants is excellent as are the waitstaff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lsimonetta
Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My kids, ages 11 and 13 and I enjoyed our first visit to Hotel Hershey so much that we did not want to leave. Not only is the hotel beautiful the staff was so accommodating.

I purchased a 4 day package. This included Hershey park, Hershey museum, and Hershey garden tickets and breakfast for my kids. We ate breakfast at the Circular every morning. The buffet had so much food; even fresh eggs/omelets. I asked for the same waitress as she was so personable and warm. Her name is Stephanie. Being that I work in a customer service related field I appreciated her very much. With that said, actually all the staff was great!

The shuttle service is a wonderful perk! They also have free valet service. The hotel even offered to have a driver drive us to the museum!(the shuttle only takes you to Hershey Park and Chocolate World). Hershey park was very clean. My kids and I have been to many amusement parks on all of the East coast and obviously you are going to do a lot of walking however Hershey park has a lot of hills and bridges so be prepared to do some extra walking work. Consequently we slept very well due to all the walking and activities :)

The outdoor pool was so fabulous!! The entrance to the pool is beach style and only goes up to 3.5ft. It has 2 nice size slides. The food at poolside is pretty good and their Reese peanut butter cup martini is sooooo good.

The beds were very comfortable. The room was very clean. And the view from my room was breathtaking.

As we were packing up to leave I called guest services to ask them if there was a gas station near by that would pump my gas as I have never pumped my own gas. She let me know that they are all self-serve and then offered to have one of the Hotel drivers to help me fill my tank! I graciously declined and figured it out myself.

We plan to visit again in December.

I could actually go on and on about our stay as we enjoyed it very much!
Thanks for he wonderful experience Hotel Hershey!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Chrise A
Dear Chrise A,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of The Hotel Hershey. I am very happy to hear that you and your children enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and it is nice to hear from our guests that we have succeeded in providing them with a great experience.

I hope that you have the opportunity to return for another visit in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Matawan, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I just returned from a 2 night stay at the Hotel Hershey, in one of their ridiculously large and luxurious King Cottage rooms. All amenities were there, including a small flatscreen mounted in the bathroom above the soaking tub, and an electric fireplace. The housekeeping service was meticulously detail oriented, going so far as to leave us two york peppermint patties on our pillow at night, and putting a nice relaxing jazz music station on the clock radio for when we returned!

The front desk was perfect in accommodating any requests, and made our 'babymoon' trip relaxing, enjoyable and memorable!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Matt L
Dear Matt L,

I am glad to hear that you and your wife had an enjoyable "babymoon" trip to The Hotel Hershey.
It sounds like a relaxing weekend is just what you needed.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a future visit.
Southcentral Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My bff and I stayed here as part of her bachelorette weekend, and had a wonderful time. Everything about this hotel is fun, opulent and exciting.

We were taken with how helpful the staff were -- especially the concierge, who was amazing. We also loved the drivers, who helped us amazinging in navigating our busy weekend schedule and were always there to drop us off or pick us up. It was truly decadent to be waited on hand and foot. I could get used to that!

This was not my first time at this hotel, although it's been years. I'll be back soon!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends