“You may leave with an empty wallet - but you will also have a large smile.”
Review of The Hotel Hershey

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
The Hotel Hershey
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
GreenLeadersGold level
sptz79
“You may leave with an empty wallet - but you will also have a large smile.”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

A stay Hotel Hershey turned my short trip into a true vacation. Approaching the hotel I felt almost as if I was stepping into another time and place. Its beautiful architecture and impeccable landscaping made me feel special the moment I walked out of the car. The views of the park and surrounding area alone make the visit worth it even if you aren't staying here. Entering the hotel was even better, every single member of the staff I encountered was super friendly. If they happen to be waiting for an elevator when you approach - they always insist you take it first. We booked two adjoining rooms, the first was ready the minute we arrived ( which was before noon). The second was ready about 2 hours later, however I didn't even have to visit the lobby again to activate the keys. They simply called and told me I could open the door. This is something I have never experienced before.
The indoor pool is very nice, but the outdoor pool was just incredible. With its amusement park level slides and water effects Its worth at least a day by itself. Luckily it also has a shower that is just about as nice as the one you will find in your room, complete with shampoo and body lotion. This was important for us - because it allowed us to enjoy the pool for a few extra hours after we checked out and still freshen up for the ride home.
We didn't eat at Trevi 5, but harvest and the circular dining room were beautiful and delicious. The hamburgers for lunch were especially amazing at harvest.
At this point I would usually write something negative I found, but I really didn't have a single negative experience here ( except maybe when I got the bill at the end :) ). However - in this case you do actually get what you pay for. Compare this to a weekend at the great wolf lodge, and I think price wise it will be about the same, but here you are getting true 4 - 5 star quality and service. We went especially all out this time and also reserved a cabana at the park , which I would also recommend if you can swing the cost.
In closing ( and echoing what others have said) - its expensive, but an experience I will not soon forget, and one I hope I can repeat again, just need to start saving now..

Room Tip: Rooms in the new wing are bigger, and also closer to the spa\indoor pool
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We loved our stay at The Hershey Hotel! The entire experience was over the top. The staff is so kind and friendly and make you feel very comfortable. The children loved the pools and outdoor activities. The dining experience was excellent. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: We were in the newer section but it was a very long walk to our room.
Green Features: Everyone shares green practices now and so does the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hershey Enterta... R, General Manager at The Hotel Hershey, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Rosalie M,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent visit to The Hotel Hershey.

We strive to provide an enjoyable experience for our guests and it is great to hear that we have succeeded in doing so.

We look forward to your next visit to The Hotel Hershey
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a special place. Amazing grounds, Amazing staff, great rooms with beds to die for. It's pricey but when you consider what other places in the area cost it's worth it. Personal car service to and from Hershey park and restaurants, free Hershey Gardens tickets, free museum tickets, and free valet make it a decent value. Why pay $$$ at a chain hotel when you can get this kind of experience for about 30%-40% more.

Room Tip: All rooms are different so ask for a "larger" room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York, USA
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My daughter and I needed a getaway to relax and celebrate her birthday. The hotel is really nice, and hotel staff are really fantastic. This was my second stay here and it was better than the first. The pool area is like a resort in the Caribbean and very nice to have so close to home. We ate at Harvest and the Circular and both were really great. Service at restaurants is friendly and professional the only problem if I have to find one is that service at the end of the meal can be very slow - but hey we are on vacation.

I reserved a king room because two queens weren't available. The room on the historic side was very nice but very small. Be sure to get a room in the newer wings if possible they are bigger. Definitely have breakfast at the circular in the morning (bed & breakfast package helps) because the fresh omelets and fruit are great to start the day. Service at the pool is also really good.

Room Tip: Single King or Queen rooms are in the historic wing and much smaller than the suites or two Queen ro...
Reviewed 27 July 2014

What a terrible disappointment! Let me start out by saying that I grew up in Lancaster County and had always wanted to stay here and finally for my 10 year wedding anniversary, the hubby splurged and booked us a room for the weekend. The price of the hotel and the 4-star rating were something I was aware of and expected high class and quality since I have only stayed in a few 4-star hotels. As we pulled into the lot, I was beyond excited and couldn't wait for the weekend to start. We checked in and got our complimentary chocolate bars and went to the room to change and get ready for dinner... and that is where things took a turn for the worse. We opened the room to find a dirty and weathered room with chipping paint and dust on the furniture. To make matters worse, we noticed stains on the chair and bench that appeared to be white bodily fluids. As my husband tried to convince me it might not be that (maybe it was toothpaste), he grabbed a towel from the bathroom to cover the stain so we wouldn't have to look at it only to find that the towel was ripped and shredded. Not just a tiny hole, no, ripped like a dog had been chewing on it. We immediately called the front desk and asked for housekeeping to come to the room. We waited about 15 minutes and someone came up and apologized for the room and said it wasn't up to their standards. So, they gave us another room. We checked into that room and although it still had chipping paint, it didn't seem to have any dirt or stains and no ripped towels, so we stayed. After changing for dinner, we walked around the grounds and despite the beautiful look from far away, were sorely disappointed again. The grounds were falling apart - ponds full of algae and slime, cracked and falling apart pathways and gazebos, and weeds and dead plants in the gardens. We enjoyed our dinner at the restaurant on the grounds, but the next morning we woke up to a huge cockroach on our suitcase. So - I would never, ever stay here again unless they overhaul housekeeping and grounds are returned to the glory they most likely once had. The hotel is so charming and has so much history, it is such a shame to see it in this state.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
Green Features: I wasn't aware there were any - certainly not doing a good job of keeping the hotel in good shape.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hershey Enterta... R, General Manager at The Hotel Hershey, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear HappyMommy78,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The Hotel Hershey. We appreciate all feedback we receive from our guests.

Please accept my sincere apologies for disappointments you shared. From your comments, it is evident that we failed to provide you with the outstanding service and memorable experiences our guests have come to expect. Your experience regarding your room accommodations is unacceptable and I will follow up with our housekeeping department to ensure that these issues do not reoccur.

We are continually working to improve and renovate our facilities. It is unfortunate that these efforts were not apparent during your visit.

I hope that you will give us another chance to serve you the next time you visit Hershey.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2014

An absolutely incredible hotel and travel experience. From the moment you pull into the ascending driveway you know you are arriving at a true jewel. From the doormen at the Porte Cochiere, the Front Desk arrival staff, Bellmen who deliver your luggage and introduce you to your accommodations this is a true First Class Hotel. Kyle & Jasmine all the staff at The Concierge Desk could not have been more accommodating, knowledgeable and delighted in helping us plan a fun and outstanding visit. Their recommendation of taking a Segway tour of the grounds was spot on. The guides of the tour were fun, patient, interesting and entertaining, and made us feel as if we were old pros in riding segways when we finished the tour. In Room Dining order takers, and servers all were outstandingly friendly, accommodating and adhered to your requests.. The quality of food, and in all the restaurants including in In Room Dining was outstanding. Aside from breakfast you must have at least one dinner in The Circular. The Iberian Lounge reminds me of my previous stays at the palatial Alfonso XIII in Sevilla, Spain-an incredible spot for cocktails and after dinner drinks. Cheers to the management of this spectacular hotel you are doing a wonderful job with the hotel, grounds, and staff.

Room Tip: The hotel is very lengthy, try to request rooms closer to the center for shorter distances to restau...
Green Features: the Hotel practices all environmentally-friendly practices in regard to guest rooms, yet it is up to the individual guest if they want to follow those practices.
Dear Breeezzi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Hotel Hershey. Your kind words regarding our staff members are truly appreciated. Our employees are our greatest asset, and they all strive to provide exceptional customer service. I will be sure to share your comments with them.

I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experiences in The Circular and the Iberian Lounge, as well as the Segway tour.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to The Hotel Hershey.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

It's a lovely hotel, truly. BUT.....it's so not worth the price. It's very expensive and in the middle of nowhere, so the price is just not commensurate with what you get. We had a junior suite,which was much smaller than I expected. It overlooked a HVAC system. The bathroom was clean but the make up mirror had someone else's toothpaste on it, yuck!!!

The interesting thing about this hotel located in a remote area in PA is that the staff was on the snotty side. For instance, Jamie, a concierge gave us attitude when we came back from the park to have lunch. She gave us the once over and recommended that we eat at the cheapest eatery in the hotel. That's just not cool. And, honestly, we were some of the only guests without ink on our bodies. I had the feeling that we might have been the only people who were paying full price for our room.

Regardless, there has to be a better bang for your buck stay in the area as this place just didn't add up for the price point.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear ksr2013,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The Hotel Hershey. Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings that you experienced during your stay. Certainly there is no excuse for not providing you with exceptional customer service. Our staff strives to provide our guests with four-diamond service in every aspect of their visit and to discover that we did not live up to our standards is very disappointing to me.

If your travels bring you back to the Hershey area in the future, I hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you.