“Ok but kind of worn”

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Columbus, Ohio
“Ok but kind of worn”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This Hampton is "ok", it's older and shows the wear. The carpets are worn, the bathrooms are not updated, their was mold around the bathtub fixtures and behind the sink faucets, see photos. It's extremely busy, as it's very near Hershey Park entry. Especially at the free breakfast. At 7:30am the line for breakfast wrapped around the entire lobby. Craziest thing I've ever seen staying at a Hampton. Having stayed at both Hamptons, I would opt for the one just off I-81 in Grantville. It's more modern, provided a table and chairs in the room, refrigerator and microwave, 42" flat screen TV, its less busy, 15 minutes from the park and $100 a night cheaper.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cleanhotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Hebrew first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 April 2012

You get what you pay for!!! We have stayed at the Hampton Inn previously and thought it was pretty good value; however, this year was NOT good. Our room smelled of vomit, so we had to leave for a few hours (after driving with 3 children 7 and under for 3 hours to get there!) so they could treat the room. The following day we left at 10am to head to Hershey Park and returned at 5pm with 3 exhausted children, and the room had not yet been cleaned. We called Housekeeping who came sometime later replaced towels, soap, and vacuumed at our request. We did mention all of this to the hotel management who simply apologized that they were short staffed, really! Not a great answer. The Hampton Inn moto "If you're not satisfied, we don't expect you to pay. That's our commitment & your guarantee." We did not ask for a break on the room, but nothing was even offered to us anyway!
I guess we will be looking for somewhere else to stay next year!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank evag15
Erin K, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
We apologize for falling short on your stay here at the hotel. Our motto is a 100% satisfied and we would like to make this right for you. We appreciate all comments and use those comments to better our guest stay all the time. Thank you again for your comments.
Fayetteville, New York
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I have stayed here 5 times over the last 2 1/2 years, most recently on 03/27/12. I have always found it to be comfortable and the staff is always cheerful and helpful. The breakfast is adequate given what most hotel breakfasts offer. One complaint I had this last time was the condition of the floor in my room, which had obviously not been vacuumed in days. Clumps of hair on the carpet and leaves under the sink are just not acceptable. However, all other times I stayed her the rooms were clean.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the road as they are much quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank JPP58
Erin K, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
We appreciate your repeat business and I do apologize for the unfortunate mess left behind. That is definately not normal for us and we take it very serious. Thank you again for letting us know about your stay and giving us the opportunity to correct it for future stays.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This hotel must have one of the noisiest fridges ever made. Once I worked out (at 4am) how to turn down the fridge thermostat the comfortable bed soon worked wonders.
All the staff from front desk to cleaners were very friendly and polite. If staying thee for a while try the Hershey Pantry next door. They do great breakfast and evening meals (though no booze is sold)

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank TheBagCarrier
Thank you for letting us know about the refrigerator. Those are the kinds of things that we don't know until our guest tell us. I am glad our staff made you feel welcome. The Hershey Pantry is a great gem.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed here recently with a group of friends, 6 of us in 1 room and had a blast.

We arrived early and check in was not a problem. We were assigned two queen beds and requested an additional cot which was 10 extra dollars.

The hotel isn't to far from Giant Arena, which is great if you are in town to see the Bears play.

We were able to hook up an xbox to the tv with minimal effort, and had plenty of outlets for everyone phone and laptop.

The nicest part about the hotel was the indoor pool and hot tub. Both were clean and warm.

The breakfast in the morning was above average for Hampton Inn, as they had a wide variety of food and drinks.

The business center is located in the main area, along with the front desk and tables for breakfast. If you are doing something that requires privacy, this may be a bit awkward.

There is also a small courtyard outside where people can let their dogs out. Even though we went in the winter, a few guests had their dogs outside.

I would stay here again, especially with a group due to the free breakfast/parking. I had to sleep on the inflatable mattress, but the other guests seemed to enjoy the bed.

Room Tip: Be sure to check out the indoor pool and hot tub.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Goosebump6
We love when the bears are playing at home. Our hotels seems to accomodate everyone from one person to a room of six. I am glad to hear that your party enjoyed themselves. Thank you again and see you at the next home game.
NYC
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stayed here one night for business in Feb 2012 and truly enjoyed my stay. The room was perfect, lots of outlets for my computer, very clean, well maintained. Staff was extremely kind and the breakfast was hot and delicious. The hotel is very close to the entrance of Hershey Park and there is a McDonalds and a few other restaurants, and a Wal-mart, very close by. Overall I would definitely stay here again and I highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Red_Dolphin-Media
Thank you for your comment we try to make everyones stay enjoyable. Look forward to having you back.
Oriskany Falls, NY
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My husband, son and myself recently stayed at this Hampton Inn and loved it! The price was great. The hotel staff was super friendly to all of us and our rooms were very clean and inviting. After a long drive it was so nice to find this gem...plus the fact it's right next to The Hershey Pantry (which I have say, has THE best breakfast ever!) Very nice pool/hot tub and workout room. We made sure to get down early for the breakfast and found so many things to eat. Muffins, oatmeal, fruit, cereal, bagels, yogurt, etc. I thought it was very nice how the hotel butts right up next to a golf course, very pretty. Location is great. Really you can't go wrong staying here! We will make sure to return when we come back to Hershey!

Room Tip: I would suggest not getting a room close to the elevators or vending machines, as I'm sure this...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Disneylover4854
Erin K, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, 4 March 2012
Thank you for choosing us on your travels. We are fortunate to be next door to a local gem. Look forward to having back to our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
#9 of 25 in Hershey
Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park
Howard Johnson Inn Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey? Share your experiences!